Kafria
Ringdrotten
Eldorion
odo banks
Pettytyrant101
26 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Say Hello! - Page 3 Empty Re: Say Hello!

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:05 am

Very Happy Don't mind me. Apparently I can get quite crabbit sometimes!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:17 am

No worries. Smile

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:30 pm

Amarië wrote:
Ringdrotten: I have only read a few pages of Ringdrotten (the book) so far, but I loved it loved it loved it. Who knew the hobbits could get even more adorable? I'll bring the book with me on vacation, I plan to finally get to read the whole thing. Smile

Wait till you get to the elves, you'll be thrilled Very Happy Especially since you're also an admirer of Ivar Aasen. I'm currently rereading it, and enjoying it just as much as the first time Smile

Say Hello! - Page 3 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:07 pm

I love your new avatar, Amarie! lol!

I've been trying to check PT more regularly (and I re-added it to my bookmarks), though since it's not as spammy I'm not posting as much there as I'd like. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:08 pm

Amarië wrote:Sorry, that was a failed attempt to be humorous.

I laughed at it, so I wouldn't say it was failed. Petty is just prickly -- look at the threads in The Hobbit Movies subforum where we tease him about supposed changes in the films. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:11 am

I am a bit afraid to read those threads, they're not good for my purist heart. I try not to think about what PJ might do to the Hobbit. silent
But at least his weird changes fuels endless debates and rant threads. One have to look at the bright side right? *clings to hope*

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:19 am

Exactly! Very Happy It's the only thing you can do at this point!

Say Hello! - Page 3 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:30 am

I think Denethor had something to say about hope, and who has it. Razz Wink
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:39 pm

Fool? What a Face

Say Hello! - Page 3 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:52 pm

Far be it from me to make such an insinuation, but maybe Tolkien's characters were on to something. Cool

((((( Wink )))))
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Say Hello! - Page 3 Empty well...................

Post by leelee Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:00 pm

I must say I feel dreadful nervous. I have only been on my beloved Planet-Tolkien for a few years now. Never thought to ever even visit another site. But I was quite taken with many of you when you temporarily came over to us for such a short time. And upon your leaving I missed you and so......well I thought would like to come once in a while to say hello and see how you are doing. I shall get an avy sometime soon I suppose.
So.....................how ARE you doing then? Embarassed
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:14 pm

Hello there leelee,

nice to see you here in Forumshire. Come in, pull up a chair and share a nice mug of ale, while looking out at hobbiton. Very Happy

All are welcome!

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:15 pm

Welcome! Very Happy We've been doing great, thanks Smile Thanks for "stopping by" and saying hello, new members are always welcome cheers

Say Hello! - Page 3 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Say Hello! - Page 3 Empty can't think of a title actually

Post by leelee Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:30 pm

Oh thank you very much. I like the look of this place and so far I have read some interesting things And you all seem so very nice.
I must admit I looked up Eldorian's member info and was rather shocked, for I thought for some reason he was a Brit. Maryland is lovely though.
So, when I get some time I shall have my tea at the computer and enjoy it ( I am so hungry for some bikkies though I rarely eat them) while I read through your posts. And................thanks awfully. really. Very Happy
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:35 pm

Lovely to have visitors. Welcome to Forumshire leelee. Very Happy

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:16 pm

Howdy leelee! I noticed that you awesome when I was browsing PT! I think I even mentioned you by name in a previous post! Talking of biccies, Maryland are a producer of them here in Britain, but maybe they orginate from Eldos homeland? Smile

But it's awesome you're here!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:26 am

I'm putting together a manual on Respectability, leelee. Once I've finished I'll post it here. That way you'll find out what's "acceptable" in Forumshire, and, more importantly, "what's not." Perhaps, once you've been properly trained, you can help me beat the rest of our Forumshire folk into shape! (Sadly, they're not really your "respectable" types - and I mean it kindly). .

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:31 am

"That way you'll find out what's "acceptable" in Forumshire"

We're very accepting here, we even accept the Archet Bugle!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Say Hello! - Page 3 Empty say hello

Post by leelee Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:24 am

Hullo Ally, thankyou. Hmmm, you don't happen to have a few bikkies you could share do you. I honestly rarely eat them, perhaps is it my hormones or something but I should love perhaps ten of them at the moment with the perfect cup of tea, fragrant, steaming hot with a touch of raw honey.
Odo, you frighten me. What is acceptable and what is not, I do hope that I meet your expectations. But, the thought just occurred to me that all of you who hastened away from PlanetTolkien did so because it is less strict here. I am nervous now. As to what you said about the others, how endearing, I laughed out loud.
Petty are you a boy, I am trying to sort this out. Pretty is a pretty girl right, and are you a pretty boy? An elf perhaps, a grey elf? Or are the people on this site strictly mortals and just hanging out together?
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:37 am

Please don't be frightened (unless you're not respectable, that is). It's not as hard to fit in here as you might think, leelee. If you're respectable, you'll get on fabulously with me, but if you're unrespectable or disrespectable, you'll get on fine with everyone else. So, if you're of the former kind, you'll get this from me: Very Happy But if you're the latter kind, this: Mad. Simplicity itself! Very Happy

As to the "Petty" situation. By all accounts, Pretty Tyrant is a vivacious and chatty lady (though probably with the same amount of "Tyrant" family intelligence as the rest of them, which is sad, for I do like her). While Petty Tyrant is a crabbity bagpiping troublemaker... Mmm.. that about sums it up. Oh yes... almost forgot, Mr Tyrant is as unattractive (in all ways) as Ms (Miss?) Tyrant is attractive (in several ways).

Oh yes, I proclaimed Ally to be an "Honorary Boy" ages ago. Therefore, she can be trusted (mostly).

Here to help! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:49 am

Welcome to Forumshire, leelee! cheers I was really hoping you would find one of the links we posted on PT and find your way here! You've always been super-nice and welcoming to us on the other forum, so I was looking forward to the opportunity to return the favor. Plus I just missed you. Smile And don't mind us calling PT the "Dark Planet", we're just being silly. That's a chronic affliction here; Odo in particular is struck with a perpetual case of nonsensicality, which he likes to call "respectability". Razz

NB I'm sure that I've never heard anyone from Maryland call it lovely, but thank you! Sadly I've never had a Maryland cookie since they don't actually come from here, but I am told that they are quite tasty. Our traditional local cookie/biscuit (at least in the Baltimore area of Maryland, where I'm from) is the Berger cookie, though calling it a cookie is somewhat generous, since it's mostly icing. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:56 am

leelee wrote:Odo, you frighten me. What is acceptable and what is not, I do hope that I meet your expectations. But, the thought just occurred to me that all of you who hastened away from PlanetTolkien did so because it is less strict here. I am nervous now. As to what you said about the others, how endearing, I laughed out loud.

I hope you don't stay nervous; we're a little more rough-and-tumble than Planet-Tolkien but we're still nice at heart. And you've already made a fantastic impression on a lot of people through your posts on PT. Very Happy If you see people saying things that sound rude to one another, it's almost certainly tongue-in-cheek. And pay Odo no mind: he's been trying to make everyone else conform to his "respectable" standards for a long time -- I think it must be his Hobbit heritage. Laughing

Petty are you a boy, I am trying to sort this out. Pretty is a pretty girl right, and are you a pretty boy? An elf perhaps, a grey elf? Or are the people on this site strictly mortals and just hanging out together?

Petty and Pretty are siblings, as far as I know. If you stick around (and I hope you do!) you'll find that a number of people here are actually one and the same in real life. We try not to spoil people's fun by saying who is who, but if you read enough posts it's generally pretty easy to figure out. Razz Most of us are our own real people, though. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:07 am

(((((

leelee, please notice the (('s at the start and the ))'s at the end of this post. Any more than 3 brackets indicate an Encryption Spell is in place. The more brackets the stronger the encryption spell, theoretically. What that means is that while the addressee - you, in this case, can read what's between them, no one else in Forumshire can read what's posted.

This is a useful way of discussing Secrets and making lots of perfectly true and applicable comments about other Forumers without them knowing.

I am using one now so I can privately let you know that Eldorion is a trouble maker of the worst kind. Of course, be polite to him, for he has awesome powers - mostly for ill - in Forumshire. Think "Petty Tyrant", except, less Petty and more Evil.

Luckilly, we have Encryption Spells, so he doesn't know how little regard he is held in, and how deep our distrust of him. I'd hate to think what he would think or do if he could read this post. The whole of Forumshire might collapse! He seems to be very chummy with the Dark Planet, from which you are clearly a refugee, and are too frightened to criticise it, because you no doubt fear Dark Planet recriminations.

Btw you and I are not the only ones who can use the spell. It's open to all, even people from Dark Planet. You may smell a scent of cinnamon when you open a post but can't see any message. In that case, know someone is talking secretly, quite possibly about me, plotting my downfall, many have tried, not that I'm paranoid, just practical. Respectabillian's aren't respected here! Sad

Oh yes, and don't trust anyone here - except me. That's only sensible!

)))))

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:14 am

((((

Eldorion,

I have sent an Encrypted message to leelee to let her know just how fine and sturdy a fellow you are, and how much we admire and adore you here, because you are so trustworthy, and such a great Ambassador on our behalf in discussions with foreign forums like Tolkien Planet. Lovely Forum that - just lovely! Very Happy

Yours supportfully,
Odo R. Banks, esquire

)))))

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:21 am

(((((

Dear Mr Tyrant,

I've decided to forget our Feud for a moment, so that I can enquire from you about this leelee. She is from Dark Planet but seems quite nice. Should she be trusted? I mean, she is from Dark Planet...

yours trustfully,
Odo R. Banks, esquire.

)))))

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum