Kafria
Ringdrotten
Eldorion
odo banks
Pettytyrant101
26 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Say Hello! - Page 2 Empty Re: Say Hello!

Post by odo banks Tue May 24, 2011 5:19 am

Shocked

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue May 24, 2011 4:01 pm

Welcome, Orwell Very Happy

Say Hello! - Page 2 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Squach Tue May 24, 2011 4:38 pm

I like you already!

I like poking things with sticks. Get over it.
Bouncy bouncy  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bouncy bouncy Smile
Your mum.
Squach
Squach
Princess Of All Things Fashionable

Location : Brit-rain. Yorkshire, yo. On the sofa poking Kafria.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue May 24, 2011 7:00 pm

Soft! Have a care Mr Orwell I've got a hell of a headache already I don't need any more excuses to get petty and crabbit on you! Evil or Very Mad
And there is something very fishy about your avatar, sure I've seen it somewhere before. scratch Damn this buckie brain!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue May 24, 2011 10:34 pm

Orwell!!!!! Pleasure to meet you!!!
Nice avatar Embarassed

Say Hello! - Page 2 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Baingil Wed May 25, 2011 1:09 am

Hi Orwell.
Baingil
Baingil
Guest of Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed May 25, 2011 7:34 am

Thank you for the welcome. I feel like I already know you guys. I'm sure this is going to be interesting. Twisted Evil

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by springstar Wed May 25, 2011 11:24 am

Greetings Orwell What a Face Very Happy
springstar
springstar
Shireling

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirabella Thu May 26, 2011 4:08 am

Why hello... you sound a very manly type, I must say... I'm busy at the moment, but after September... well, perhaps I might just give you a call hmm? Embarassed
Mirabella
Mirabella
Woman strong enough to not fear beauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu May 26, 2011 4:12 am

You and I, dear Mirabella, seem to have something in common. I myself support the Law. But I do have some misgivings about your overtures. Something odd about it.... can't seem to put my finger on it confused ...and perhaps shouldn't! Shocked

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:52 am

Hehe, evil planet. Wink

I am Amarië, also a long time resident on the evil planet. alien I am not here to spy, only here as myself and a fellow JRRT fan.

I really do understand your feelings. A few years ago Taz sold us (Planet Tolkien) on frigging EBAY! No warning. Luckily the new owner was a decent chap who wanted us to stay they way we were, at though he did put *spits* google ads on our site. It could have ended badly.
And not so long ago Taz bought us back.

I had no idea he would do this to you, we simply weren't told. I wish I had been able to perhaps help find another way. I promise you that Taz is a nice and decent guy, but I guess he sees the site as mainly a thing and a project, since he mainly does see it from that angle. I (like you) knows it is more than a site, it's a family.

I think Pretty Tyrant and Eldorion is doing a good job of helping to brigde the cap and to explain who and what the HMF is about. This is new to the PT-members too.

Well then... I really shouldn't be online at all since I have a lot of things to prepare for our loooong family vacation, but I hope that when summer is over I'll be able to get to know you good and crazy folks both here and on PT.
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:01 am

Welcome Amarie, I just received a call on the palantir from Pretty, I actually think she is quite enjoying herself over there, I shall have to have words with her, she's supposed to be undercover! She mentioned you had been kind about one of my palantir vids from the megaedit- if your are interested you will find more information (and some nonsense ) in the Petty's Purist Edits thread in Ideas and Suggestions. I hope you enjoy your time here, the buckies lovely. Very Happy (Although I'd steer clear of the duckie in Needlehole unless you want to spend the afternoon quacking).

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:17 am

I think I will have to get back to that, or else I'll be spending all my time watching and discussing videos instead of... boring stuff I have to do.
Purist movies.... *Homer drool gurgle*

*lol* I nearly posted this a new topic. Classic newbie!

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:35 am

Wow! Newbie! From Dark Planet! And nice! Whouda thought! Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:18 pm

You'll fit in just fine Amarie!!! Welcome!!

Say Hello! - Page 2 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:29 pm

Welcome! Very Happy I look forward to perhaps discussing Ringdrotten (the book) with you, I know too few who have read it Smile

Say Hello! - Page 2 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:34 pm

I'll add my welcolme to the rest Amaire!

Looking forward to getting to know you Very Happy

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:16 pm

Welcome to Forumshire, Amarie! Thank you again for talking and reaching out to everyone and for listening to me thoughts the other day. Smile It means a lot to me that you're willing to reach out and, as you put it, help bridge the gap. I hope that our two forums can get along and coexist happily since there are so many great people on both of them. Very Happy

I hope you have a fun summer on vacation, and I look forward to seeing you around when you have the time! Cool
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:27 pm

Oh dear, everyone's being so nice! Shocked You know, Amarie will find out what you folk are really like soon enough... Evil or Very Mad

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:49 pm

Hey Amarie! Planettolkien seems a lovely forum, it's just to focused on Tolkien and LOTR! If truth be told I'm all LOTRED out with people taking things so seriously- it intimidates me! But you and a few other peeps seem awesome (lelee or something? Very Happy ) and I hope (as brilliantly phrased by Eldo) that the sites get along in order for some great new discussions to blossom!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:23 am

What?! Shocked Do other Tolkien sites talk about Tolkien?... Well, I never... Shocked

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:23 am

Orwell wrote:What?! Shocked Do other Tolkien sites talk about Tolkien?... Well, I never... Shocked

We have a few people, including the newly-joined Elthir, who are trying to keep the Tolkien forums alive. Very Happy I should go post there after I'm done kicking around in the spammy forums. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:11 am

Poor misguided Elthir, surely the Tolkien stuff was ment to be posted at PT? confused

PT is currently very serious, actually I never ever thought I'd see the day when serious discussions would dominate over RP-threads and game threads. (I like serious Tolkien discussions, but a little bit of balance might be nice.)

Clearly we'll be more silly again now that you (more or less) good folk have/might/will join?

When Taz is ready to release his new huge RPG project upon us (currently named The Two Trees) the whole Planet will be turned upside down anyway, you might as well hang around and get to know the place. He is an amazing web designer, so what ever it is he's doing it will be HUGE and it will be AWESOME.

Ringdrotten: I have only read a few pages of Ringdrotten (the book) so far, but I loved it loved it loved it. Who knew the hobbits could get even more adorable? I'll bring the book with me on vacation, I plan to finally get to read the whole thing. Smile

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:17 am

We like our Tolkien discussing here, and they do get as in depth and serious as any I've seen on PT. Unfortuntely we lost a lot of those old threads in the tak eover and as there has been little desire since to rehash them again it might give the impression we don't take our Tolkien as serious. I can assure you we do, but its not the be all and end of it here thats all. When there's Tolkien to discuss we will eagerly devour it and discuss it and when not all the other stuff on here keeps the community going.
As to Taz and his web design, well I don't know him at all but I can't say I find PT a particulary good webpage. I find it quite awkward to use and find stuff. I put a picture up the other day and the maximum size I could put in would mean, were it the same here, there would be no deliveries of the NotP as it would unreadable so small.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:03 am

Sorry, that was a failed attempt to be humorous. I know you take your discussions serious, I never ment to imply that you didn't, only that we at PT appear to be OVERLY serious.

PT is a VERY VERY outdated site now, but Taz is re-writing the whole thing from scratch, so it should emerge as a brand new planet at some point. Perhaps it will be more appealing then?

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum