+4
Mrs Figg
Norc
azriel
halfwise
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hey!  Why is the crabbit thread locked?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey! Why is the crabbit thread locked?!

Post by bungobaggins Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:24 am

Good news, everyone! The Crabbit thread is not locked. Very Happy

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Hey!  Why is the crabbit thread locked?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey! Why is the crabbit thread locked?!

Post by halfwise Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:29 am

We dealt with that on the previous page.  Rolling Eyes 

But with Petty all AWOL it may as well be locked.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:35 am

halfwise wrote:We dealt with that on the previous page.  Rolling Eyes 

Well, you know me.

Hey!  Why is the crabbit thread locked?! - Page 2 Slowpoke

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:41 am

Mrs Figg wrote:
Lancebloke wrote:
Norc wrote:hahaha omg yes she figgses things Laughing 

btw, wow lance, did u really think some of us didn't have life outside the forum Shocked

No... I know you have school stuff, Eldo has his job, Halfy is prepping for a trek, Dave has cranberries etc etc... but Figgy all I know is what Figgy will be doing. Have no idea what she does now or has for the last 2 years.

I do translating work for a company doing a phone app that does a tour of florentine museums and research for this PhD thingie. I can do these things from home.  Very Happy 

That sounds cool. I assume Italian to English? Or are you multi lingual?
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:32 am

Yeah where is Petty anyway? His absence is making me kind of crabbit!
 Mad 

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:38 pm

Lancebloke wrote:
Mrs Figg wrote:
Lancebloke wrote:
Norc wrote:hahaha omg yes she figgses things Laughing 

btw, wow lance, did u really think some of us didn't have life outside the forum Shocked

No... I know you have school stuff, Eldo has his job, Halfy is prepping for a trek, Dave has cranberries etc etc... but Figgy all I know is what Figgy will be doing. Have no idea what she does now or has for the last 2 years.

I do translating work for a company doing a phone app that does a tour of florentine museums and research for this PhD thingie. I can do these things from home.  Very Happy 

That sounds cool. I assume Italian to English?  Or are you multi lingual?

yep English/Italian/Pettyish (although Pettyish is almost extinct due to Haggis poisoning)
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:39 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:Yeah where is Petty anyway? His absence is making me kind of crabbit!
 Mad 

I seem to remember that he said he's got computer problems, he said he might be offline for a bit.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:40 pm

halfwise wrote:That sounds pretty interesting.  Do you get free admission to check up and make sure the words match the object?

I wish  Sad 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:12 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:.... and research for this PhD thingie.

That sounds fun! study cheers 

How's it going?

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:27 pm

Very Happy  thanks for asking Dave. I seem to be spending 90% of my time in libraries and photocopying piles of stuff at the moment, but I havent started writing yet, well I dont officially start until October and I have 3 years to complete it, so its early days. It seems an impossible task but I guess it wasnt meant to be easy.  No 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:38 pm

u can do it Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:08 pm

Mrs Figg wrote: I seem to be spending 90% of my time in libraries and photocopying piles of stuff at the moment.
That sounds so geeky-fun, I'm a bit jealous. If in your research you occasionally stumble across something random that makes you smile, please feel free to post about it here, no matter how obscure. Actually the more obscure the better! I love random bits of wisdom! :carrot: 

I guess it wasnt meant to be easy.  No 

Nod 

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:13 pm

Occasionally you run across students who enter the PhD program thinking it will just be taking classes and writing a big paper. Can take some work to reorient their mindset. This rarely makes them happy.  Rolling Eyes 

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:24 pm

halfwise wrote:Occasionally you run across students who enter the PhD program thinking it will just be taking classes and writing a big paper.  Can take some work to reorient their mindset. This rarely makes them happy.  Rolling Eyes 

wot? it isnt?  Shocked 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:27 pm

Evil or Very Mad 

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:36 pm

Suspect 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2