A Song of Ice and Fire [2] - Page 17 Empty Re: A Song of Ice and Fire [2]

Post by bungobaggins Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:12 pm

Petty, you should read the books. I think you'd like them. bounce

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:17 pm

Norc wrote:it does, eldo and it will never change.. but at least u have a face.. i don't have a face.......

I recall that for one of the Awards ceremonies Petty used the face of some model who was in a glamor pic with Bendydick that you used as your fancy dress avatar. But other than that, I don't think you've used many avatars with faces that could be construed as yours. Shrugging

also this picnic, is this turning into a game of thrones themed picnic? i wanna be a stark then! with a wooooolf Nod

Officially, the theme is favorite TV shows in general, but I think a lot of people are gonna pick Game of Thrones since it's so popular lately. I know that's what I'm going with.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:21 pm

bungobaggins wrote:I love the names that George RR Martin comes up with. He lists so many during the Hand's Tourney, it's insane.

He really does a marvelous job with the worldbuilding.  It's so easy to say that you have thousands of years of history and all these continents in your fictional world, and to be sure, there are large patches of Martin's world and history that we know very little about.  But this follows a pattern based on what the educated characters themselves would know, and recent history (and the continent of Westeros and parts of Essos) are fleshed out in exhaustive detail.  Even more so if you read the ancillary material like Dunk and Egg, the historical novellas, or the forthcoming World of Ice and Fire book.  Martin is one of the very few authors who I think it could be argued surpasses Tolkien in scope and quality of worldbuilding, though part of this is simply because the books are so long (and increasingly slow) that he has the space to do this, even though it's probably not worth it due to the impact on the pacing.

Oh, and now that most of us have declared a house, you will all bend the knee or be destroyed. Nod

Only for you to turn around and bend the knee to the Iron Bank, eh? Mad

{{{Psst, Forest, I see you've sided with House Tarth. Tell Brienne that I can get Jaime to help her avenge Renly if she sides against Bungo. Nod}}}
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:30 pm

Bend the knee? There is only one person I intend to bend my knee too.

KING IN THE NORTH!!!!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:49 pm

I recall that for one of the Awards ceremonies Petty used the face of some model who was in a glamor pic with Bendydick that you used as your fancy dress avatar. But other than that, I don't think you've used many avatars with faces that could be construed as yours. -Eldo

Actually I now have one pic I could use for Norc, I have the image she drew for the red carpet to the Awards, an illustrated version of herself.
Which does remind me, as the reason I haven't been using it as Norc's face in vids, is because its an illustration of herself, so I feel (read Angmar and Sons are making me) ask permission before doing so.

So Norc do I have your permission to cut your head off and paste it over Cumberbums in vids?

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:51 pm

Eldorion wrote:
Norc wrote:it does, eldo and it will never change.. but at least u have a face.. i don't have a face.......

I recall that for one of the Awards ceremonies Petty used the face of some model who was in a glamor pic with Bendydick that you used as your fancy dress avatar.  But other than that, I don't think you've used many avatars with faces that could be construed as yours. Shrugging 
that's so sad.....

also this picnic, is this turning into a game of thrones themed picnic? i wanna be a stark then! with a wooooolf Nod

Officially, the theme is favorite TV shows in general, but I think a lot of people are gonna pick Game of Thrones since it's so popular lately.  I know that's what I'm going with.
imma gonna go as sherluuuuck
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:52 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I recall that for one of the Awards ceremonies Petty used the face of some model who was in a glamor pic with Bendydick that you used as your fancy dress avatar. But other than that, I don't think you've used many avatars with faces that could be construed as yours. -Eldo

Actually I now have one pic I could use for Norc, I have the image she drew for the red carpet to the Awards, an illustrated version of herself.
Which does remind me, as the reason I haven't been using it as Norc's face in vids, is because its an illustration of herself, so I feel (read Angmar and Sons are making me) ask permission before doing so.

So Norc do I have your permission to cut your head off and paste it over Cumberbums in vids?
yeah, use it, it's not that similar Razz and it has bandersnatch Laughing
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:59 pm

Right thats your face sorted!
And Ive got Figgs. And Eldo Classic. And I've Odo's if he turns up, and Orwell, and mine, and there is Amarie, and Ringdrotten, Halfy... drunken ...oh bugger Im probably forgetting some folk... drunken .
But you've all got faces people associate with you.

The rest of you will either have to think of something, or forever live in the abject misery of media obscurity never to adorn the hallowed pages of NotP or find yourself starring in a Forumshire vid.  Sad 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:21 pm

bungobaggins wrote:Oh, and now that most of us have declared a house, you will all bend the knee or be destroyed. Nod

good luck with that  Laughing 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:25 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:I'll answer your call, Lance! Very Happy

Laughing Very Happy 

Lancebloke wrote:........ will you..... will you now?

Well, you need something to put in the pies.  Shrugging 

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Frey_Pies/Theories

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:25 pm

Eldorion wrote:I had to throw in with my fellow blondes.

Spoiler:

No 

A Song of Ice and Fire [2] - Page 17 Tumblr_n40x0oZnUD1ry5pc8o3_r2_250 A Song of Ice and Fire [2] - Page 17 Tumblr_n40x0oZnUD1ry5pc8o5_r1_250

A Song of Ice and Fire [2] - Page 17 Tumblr_n7l7dpFXn91r8g7kno10_250

You'll get no love for the Lannister from me. Well, it kind of depends on which Lannister I guess.  Razz 

A Song of Ice and Fire [2] - Page 17 Tumblr_n5tbmubl6h1tby1p0o1_250 A Song of Ice and Fire [2] - Page 17 Tumblr_n5tbmubl6h1tby1p0o2_250
A Song of Ice and Fire [2] - Page 17 Tumblr_n5tbmubl6h1tby1p0o3_250 A Song of Ice and Fire [2] - Page 17 Tumblr_n5tbmubl6h1tby1p0o4_250

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:00 am

Eldorion wrote:If by "conquer" you mean "forge the Seven Kingdoms into a single prosperous realm, ending centuries if not millennia of bloody internecine warfare", then yes. Cool

And seeing as where my allegiance obviously lie I feel compelled to point out that you obviously mean six.  Mad

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:17 am

A Song of Ice and Fire [2] - Page 17 Anigif_enhanced-22667-1403710242-7_zps0f55cb3a
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:44 am

Yes, indeed! I'll even toss in a wife for you, how about it? Very Happy

A Song of Ice and Fire [2] - Page 17 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:05 am

A Song of Ice and Fire [2] - Page 17 4A13PJd
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:03 am

Ringdrotten wrote:

Yes, indeed! I'll even toss in a wife for you, how about it? Very Happy

Oh... In that case come join the party. Do I get to choose the wife?
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:52 pm

That depends - what colour would you like your wedding to be?

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:46 pm

pale 

I know how about a Grey Wedding, endless hours of discussing the multitudinous hues of grey until someone snaps and gets the balestrae/ii out.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:54 pm

I've been rewatching the show lately, and it got me thinking about the next season and the (possible) new characters  - I'm hoping Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje will play Victarion's red priest, Moqorro. He played some sort of priest in Lost, and I believe he would be great in the role as Moqorro. Not quite sure who I'd like to see as Victarion - in my opinion, he had way too few chapters, great character. I don't know if there's any point thinking about it anyway, though, still a little confused as to what storylines they'll include, so I don't even know whether Victarion will even be included in season 5. Anyone else got any thoughts about/hopes for season 5? (As you can see I've got the GoT fever back after rewatching season 1 Very Happy )

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:53 pm

looking forward to see The Sand Snakes.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:55 pm

There was a couple of interesting ones in the Comic Con casting annoucement video:

Jonathan Pryce will be great as the High Sparrow, I think.

Other than that one can just wait and hope, I think.

From what I've heard Arianne is definitely cut, while Victarion looks unlikely. Euron will probably make and appearance, though who can say how or when. Young Griff and Old Griff and their entourage are completely up in the air. Though the sad death of J.J. Murphy, who played Ser Denys Mallister, at least tells us there are semi-major characters who have been cast, but not announced.

There will be some big deviations from the book story next season it seems.  

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:58 pm

Oh, and, looking back on some quotes, I really hope they manage to include the Manderly/Davos storeyline.

"My son Wendel came to the the Twins a guest. He ate Lord Walder's bread and salt, and hung his sword upon the wall to feast with friends. And they murdered him. Murdered, I say, and may the Freys choke upon their fables. I drink with Jared, jape with Symond, promise Rhaegar the hand of my own beloved granddaughter ... but never think that means I have forgotten. The North remembers, Lord Davos. The North remembers, and the mummers farce is almost done. My son is home."
- Wyman Manderly

"I know about the promise Maester Theomore, tell them! A thousand years before the Conquest, a promise was made, and oaths were sworn in the Wolf's Den before the old gods and the new. When we were sore beset and friendless, hounded from our homes and in peril of our lives, the wolves took us in and nourished us and protected us against our enemies. The city is built upon the land they gave us. In return we swore that we should always be their men. Stark men!"
- Wylla Manderly

"Death," he heard himself say, "there will be death, aye. Your lordship lost a son at the Red Wedding. I lost four upon the Blackwater. And why? Because the Lannisters stole the throne. Go to Kings Landing and look on Tommen with your own eyes, if you doubt me. A blind man could see it. What does Stannis offer you? Vengeance. Vengeance for my sons and yours, for your husbands and your fathers and your brothers. Vengeance for your murdered lord, your murdered king, your butchered princes. Vengeance!"
- Davos Seaworth

That's just such a great part of the story. Very Happy

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:47 pm

cheers bounce exciting casting news, cant wait.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:12 pm

Davos has been a big part of the current series and he gets to make his most important journey (to date) with the Manderly piece so that should really be in there leading up tot he return to Winterfell.

Also, the Greyjoy storyline is building up to something big concerning Daenarys so they should be doing something there.. just not sure how in depth they will go on Balon's succession...?
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:26 pm

''Also, the Greyjoy storyline is building up to something big concerning Daenarys'' Lance

Shocked scratch
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 44 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 30 ... 44  Next