azriel
Pettytyrant101
RA
bungobaggins
Johnnyd
19 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Somebody from ToRn tell it how it is - Page 4 Empty Re: Somebody from ToRn tell it how it is

Post by Eldorion Sun May 04, 2014 6:48 pm

David H wrote:
Eldorion wrote:Someone (can't remember their name) on TORn made the point that this would create a plothole

I'm afraid that bridge has already burned.  Rolling Eyes 

It would hardly be the worst one, yeah. :lol:But I didn't want to be accused of worsening the situation even more. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Somebody from ToRn tell it how it is - Page 4 Empty Re: Somebody from ToRn tell it how it is

Post by Amarië Sun May 04, 2014 7:35 pm

Now that was a far more balanced conversation than I was anticipating. And I am a little bit in love with Elthir now.  Razz 

Beorn was horrible. The only thing I sort of appreciated was that Bear-Beorn looked like Mikael Persbrandt, which was ironic since Human-Beorn didn't looks like Persbrandt at all.

I have read a lot of RPGs over at PT, being a mod and all, and I wouldn't have batted an eye if I found out that PJ had been one of those who posted there. Little did I know then that the many many super warrior elfs who couldn't be hurt and killed 20 orcs with one swing of a blade would become canon.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun May 04, 2014 8:21 pm

I hate ToRn, it's like wading through a quagmire. Mad 

Good work though, Petty.  Nod 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun May 04, 2014 8:29 pm

I am retiring back to my barrel again- I dont like to stay long on ToRN, they are not used to the crabbit you see and it makes some of them queasy.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun May 04, 2014 9:07 pm

Yeah that's a sensible idea.
I am used to that "crabbit" and so when I see it on TORN I just find it endearing.
For them it must be like having some drunk guy show up at a board game night and start throwing dice at people.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun May 04, 2014 9:09 pm

"For them it must be like having some drunk guy show up at a board game night and start throwing dice at people." - Forest

Sounds like someone we know Laughing

Somebody from ToRn tell it how it is - Page 4 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun May 04, 2014 9:34 pm

Hey! Im hardly drunk at all, if you dont count yesterday, or today. Or right now drunken 

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun May 04, 2014 11:15 pm

Well, I know that Petty is capable of cleaning up quite nicely (and I suspect a lot of other people who've been here for a while do too), but I suspect that people who don't know him and suddenly stumble on one of his PJ discussions might get an impression more like Forest's. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon May 05, 2014 12:39 am

The crabbit will out.

My crabbit call to arms there has brought out a brave crabbit voice, questing Nazgul tombs and the presence of Azog.
Thats the thing with crabbit, it tends to act more like a bodily function when deployed, and can linger around after you've left bringing the crabbit out in others.  Lucky I didn't leave any buckie there or they'd be calling for ambulances by now. Twisted Evil 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon May 05, 2014 6:09 pm

Mad  wanna read it
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon May 05, 2014 6:33 pm

Bungo posted a link at the top of the last page. Wink
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Mon May 05, 2014 6:38 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:Mad  wanna read it

maybe you need a disguiseSomebody from ToRn tell it how it is - Page 4 Dancing1

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon May 05, 2014 7:10 pm

David H wrote:
Mrs Figg wrote:Mad  wanna read it

maybe you need a disguiseSomebody from ToRn tell it how it is - Page 4 Dancing1

Nod  good idea because I cant read the links. I am banned.  pirat 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon May 05, 2014 7:14 pm

I assume they banned your IP, otherwise you'd be able to read the thread without logging in.  If that's the case, you'd have to look at the thread on a mobile device or a computer in a different location than your usual one. Alternatively, you could ask them to let you back in, which seems to have worked for Petty at least once. Wink
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Tue May 06, 2014 4:33 am

Mrs Figg wrote: colour me intrigued

There is only one real Elthir: medium height, greyish in some hairs, elegantly snouted [subjective as that is].

Let im-posters beware.
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue May 06, 2014 4:35 am

HEY! I'm elegeantly snouted! and the buckie has been flowing tonight!
Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone! drunken 

Somebody from ToRn tell it how it is - Page 4 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue May 06, 2014 6:04 pm

Elthir wrote:
Mrs Figg wrote: colour me intrigued

There is only one real Elthir: medium height, greyish in some hairs, elegantly snouted [subjective as that is].

Let im-posters beware.

ok I read the posts over at TORn. How can you and Petty Bear to go there? surely its unBearable? do they have honey?  flower  I find TORn a pain in the Orso.  Mad 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Tue May 06, 2014 6:32 pm

Mrs Figg wrote: ok I read the posts over at TORn. How can you and Petty Bear to go there?  surely its unBearable? do they have honey?  flower  I find TORn a pain in the Orso.  Mad 

Well, someone has to bruin their fun.

As for honey, hive no idea if they have any  Cool
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue May 06, 2014 6:59 pm

Beehive your self over there Ursuseriously there'll be trouble t'mill. thems got pitchforks.  Shocked 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Tue May 06, 2014 7:07 pm

Well it was Petty who went berserk.

I pawsed a moment before each post, gathering my thoughts before swarming in and droning on.
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue May 06, 2014 7:10 pm

Are you suggesting I have no pause button Elthir? Or that I have no paws? Because either way I object and if the latter then I know my Paw and Granpaw might have something (short and violent) to say about that (they talk Dwarvish).

I thought I was very polite. For me.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Tue May 06, 2014 7:28 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Are you suggesting I have no pause button Elthir? Or that I have no paws?

Sorry, I assumed you were bjorn with hands.
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue May 06, 2014 9:08 pm

I think Petty is one greyback I wouldnt like to monkey around with. I generally swing from one branch of the argument to the other when it comes to TORn, but my nut says theyre all bananas over there.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 pm

Laughing

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I thought I was very polite. For me.

I actually agree (seriously Very Happy).  And in my experience, being polite on TORn usually means you avoid most if not all of the trouble people here are so fond of talking about. You just have to watch your manners. Shrugging
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue May 06, 2014 11:33 pm

hey I was always polite and it still got me bannded  Mad  I was so buzzy Beeing polite I didnt notice the circling TORnets with big stingers in their tales.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next