azriel
Pettytyrant101
RA
bungobaggins
Johnnyd
19 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Somebody from ToRn tell it how it is - Page 2 Empty Re: Somebody from ToRn tell it how it is

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:00 pm

but over at TORN they seem to be holding out for the MTV Movie Awards, like 'Best Whats Down My Trouser Gag Award' or 'Best Elven Bitch Slap Award'. Prestigious stuff.  Rolling Eyes
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Somebody from ToRn tell it how it is - Page 2 Empty Re: Somebody from ToRn tell it how it is

Post by bungobaggins Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:35 pm

Well, the mtv crowd is the target demo for these movies.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:30 pm

yup thats true

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:28 pm

Recoveryanonymous wrote:All this talk of ToRn makes me think of Bree. Do you think that place is gone for good? It became a bit too heated for me to go back there near the end, but there were a lot of neat discussions prior.

The site does seem to be dead now, though I guess it's possible it'll be brought back online. I'm pretty sure they renewed the domain name relatively recently so domain squatters shouldn't be a concern.

How many active people from the forum (at the end) made it over here? I know Sin was thinking about creating a new Hobbit forum to replace Bree but I don't know if he ever did.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:58 pm

Didn't Bree also have a facebook page? Is that still up?

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:40 pm

bungobaggins wrote:Didn't Bree also have a facebook page? Is that still up?

Did it?  Shocked 

Figgs invited me over here a couple of weeks after Bree started having problems, I'm not entirely sure whether I was the only 'real' refugee or not, as Sin Figgs Recovery etc all had already been posting here a while and when I first joined Bree there was less than 20 regular visitors so i couldn't really tell you how bad things became or who was a refugee or not.

I think Sin was working on his own forum on his own terms before Bree went down, I vaguely remembering him mentioning to me he had some prior experience a few years back and the useless owners of Bree seemed to kick start him into doing his own thing  scratch 

Any other Breelanders have more info or a better memory?

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:48 pm

Id say about half our regular posters here are Bree refugees, which is appropriate as the same place preBree is where we all started out. So we are all refugees here.
Not so sure we have many ToRN refugees though. We dont seem to appeal to them!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:50 pm

I'm a torn refugee! Very Happy

Here's the facebook page. They link to Bree, but I'm not sure if it's official.

https://www.facebook.com/hobbitmovies

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:02 pm

Yeah Sin was definitely working on a forum at some point:

http://www.hobbitmovieforum.com/t608p840-the-desolation-of-smaug-pre-release-thread-spoilers

(My first post here is on that page, how time flies...)

Hmm, if that's their facebook page what happened to the website Did they just drop the website due to fees/all the spam? Looking at it it seems the facebook page is updated all the time  scratch 

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:26 pm

Yeah, that's the official Facebook page.  It was originally started by Ady and included in the sales to Taz and whoever the current owners are (if you back to February 2011 you can see the announcement of the first sale, with me badgering him in the comments, and in May 2011 there's the announcement of the creation of the Bree forum). It's weird that the page is still being updated even though the site's been offline for months.  Maybe the new owners figure a popular Facebook page is all they're up for running. Shrugging
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:09 pm

The case may be that they abandoned the site all together. Facebook is an easier way to constantly stay in people's faces with your product and posts.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:15 pm

Crazy Bree conspiracy *2

We never got any evidence for the Jackson one, but maybe our er 'against the grain' views on The Hobbit 'adaptions' didn't sit too well with their attempts to drum up publicity, who knows maybe they asked the new owners to sabotage the forum deliberately?  Laughing Razz Shrugging 

I'd like to think the opinions voiced on Bree had some effect as to how the site may have turned out...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:22 pm

Cool  I like theory #2
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:24 pm

Or theory *3 Sin scared them off!

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:36 pm

I'm still a firm believer of the Jackson one  Razz 

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:37 pm

I bet Jackson has us all on an "Enemies List." Razz

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:41 pm

I suspect he doesnt need an enemies list as his enemies die of exhaustion trying to climb the mountain of money he has exploited from Tolkien's work and which PJ sits atop  Evil or Very Mad 

Although if anyone is up for a quest?  Twisted Evil 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:43 pm

Somebody from ToRn tell it how it is - Page 2 Tumblr_lz3a5kT3qd1qbqc9ko1_500

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:50 pm

What a Face  will there be jools?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:34 pm

Somebody from ToRn tell it how it is - Page 2 Peejeers_zpsf7a26146

Somebody from ToRn tell it how it is - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Somebody from ToRn tell it how it is - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:46 pm

If by jools you mean Oscars, I guess not.  Shrugging 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:08 am

Quite a quest then. Someone should adapt it into a movie.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:03 pm

Peter Jackson presents

The Hobbit and the Hunt for the elusive Oscar.

Starring Martin Freeman as the Oscar.

Shrugging 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:24 am

lol! lol!

{{{I think being tired has something to do with just how funny I find this, but even if I were awake, I'd still definitely chuckle at it. Very Happy}}}
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:05 pm

malickfan wrote: Several members of this Forum have been banned from TORn for having strong views that didn't sit well with TORn's Jackson worshiping policies.

(Although to be fair there are quite a few people who post there with more negative views on the films, it's just hard to find their opinions when all the film fans take a negative viewpoint as a personal attack on the genius Jackson).

Moon  and proud of it  Moon  ... got a permanent ban on my first offense  cheers 

sadly though when you bring up Tolkien's or his families views on things they take that as something made up and untrue because Peter Jackson didn't say it. the majority of people at TORn are a bunch of sheep who if it weren't for Jackson wouldn't be anywhere. Personally I prefer Tolkien's middle earth to Jackson's anyways. I will say I love LOTR and thought, even though they aren't perfect, were well done and showed some reverence to Tolkien's literature. the Hobbit films on the other hand are a joke and a slap in the face to JRR Tolkien and his heirs
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next