azriel
Pettytyrant101
RA
bungobaggins
Johnnyd
19 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Somebody from ToRn tell it how it is - Page 6 Empty Re: Somebody from ToRn tell it how it is

Post by RA Thu May 08, 2014 6:12 pm

I think ban-happy mods kill the mood for everyone and give the forum a bad name in general, which is a shame because the site owners may not be aware of it.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Somebody from ToRn tell it how it is - Page 6 Empty Re: Somebody from ToRn tell it how it is

Post by Eldorion Thu May 08, 2014 6:32 pm

Recoveryanonymous wrote:I've only been to TorN (capitalization  Razz ) a few times but the weird tab reply thing for comments is weird.

You can change the view of the forum to a normal one by clicking "View Flat Mode" (or whatever the button's called; but it has flat in the name).  I don't know why they don't just make this the default since it's the norm on 99% of sites.  I guess there's just nostalgia for the threaded mode, which was the norm in the mid-late '90s and which TORn has stuck with.

Incidentally I go to another non Tolkien forum filled with over-zealous mods and a very strict code of conduct; it definitely makes me appreciate this place more.

Thanks; it's always nice to hear that. Thumbs Up
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu May 08, 2014 6:42 pm

I just have the compulsion to post this song in this thread. Thanks for bearing with me.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu May 08, 2014 6:43 pm

What ? that RA goes somewhere else OR, that he likes this place ?  Smile

Somebody from ToRn tell it how it is - Page 6 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Somebody from ToRn tell it how it is - Page 6 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu May 08, 2014 8:45 pm

Banning people for not having the same views as yourself is not family friendly at all if you ask me. Then it feels more like an excuse.

I thought about joining ToRN to comment on a post or two, but I'd just be made mod there too, as I have on aaaaaall the other Tolkien sites I have joined.  Rolling Eyes {{Wink}}

Actually, I don't feel like joining a place which will only make me angry.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Thu May 08, 2014 9:26 pm

azriel wrote:What ? that RA goes somewhere else OR, that he likes this place ?  Smile
I'm curious as well Laughing

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri May 09, 2014 12:21 am

I was referring to your comment that you appreciate this place and its moderation/conduct policy. Wink
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sat May 10, 2014 7:28 am

Oh that makes sense then  Razz 

This forum's also really nice maybe because there aren't a whole of posters like you guys were saying; if there's 100+ people posting each day it's hard to keep track of who and what. Basically it's sort of crowded.

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Sat May 10, 2014 11:59 am

I'd ban anyone here who is unrespectable --- but who listens to me nowadays?  Rolling Eyes 

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat May 10, 2014 1:19 pm

you are never here these days  Suspect

(((( Sad )))))
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Sun May 11, 2014 12:06 pm

scratch Never seems a lot more than I recall...  scratch

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sun May 11, 2014 2:41 pm

Who are you, again?  scratch 

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun May 11, 2014 3:30 pm

Thats no way to treat an ageing hobbit who is just out of jelly rehab  Mad 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:28 pm

Where is Odo? He hasn't posted in months...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:23 am

I'd ask Orwell if I were you... Wink

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:24 am

well I did start working on a forum I got it almost done and then decided I didn't like the way i had designed it. So I tried to start over and then work got really hectic for me and I basically didn't have time to do anything with it. So it got forgotten. Then there has been computer issues, personal issues, spinal surgeries, rock music to write, and now working on a screen play for a remake of the Hobbit as a pair of films. Which is more challenging than I originally thought but I have been working on it for at least a couple hours a day. Mainly pouring through Tolkien's other works for ideas on how to embellish the material in the appendices without making it outright ripping off stuff I can't use.  So far I have the intro done and Baggend with flashback of Dain and Azanulbizar, and Thorin, Thrain, and Thror, which I will split up into 3 parts throughout the journey to Laketown. I have the dwarfs losing their ponies and a great many of their supplies in the river flood before the Trollshaws, which I am just starting to work on. I've started the dwarfs out with basic weapons and after they lose the ponies and supplies they kind of restock out of the trolls supplies. I found in reading the appendices over and over I really think the scenes with Dain will be rather dramatic and show him in a very wonderful light considering how he gets screwed over in the film, from what I read. I am still refusing to spend a dime on it.

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:46 am

That all sounds so promising Smile I wish you good fortune with that. Its also theraputic surely ? help you get back to great health before you know it. You obviously have a lot of inner strength & wanna finish that which you start. Focus on one thought only & before you know it, Spring will be here & you'll be running thru the woods, leaping logs or whatever people in the woods like to do Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:12 am

well who knows I mean I am only writing a screen play for myself at this point. If anything else it will be something I can let people read to fuel their own imagination and maybe burn the memory of Jackson's films of the Hobbit out of their mind. Who knows. It's just something to keep me flexing my mental muscles till my body can flex those muscles. The biggest thing is writing the additional dialog in a style that fits with the dialog from the source material. So far there is a bit of that but I feel I am doing a decent job at it. Surely its better than "you like killing things orc?" Wink

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:28 am

God, I shake my head at that ! With an abundance of writers there must be to hand & we get........." you like killing things " ? ! Were they really happy with that ? I dont think so. With the obvious lack of depth you can tell dialogue was hurried & pushed on the back burner. peejers wanted to quickly move on to the 'flash, bang, wallop' spectacle & thought the action did all the speaking, well, thats how I felt

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:18 pm

That sounds great, Sin! Whenever you feel the script (or parts of it) is ready for it, I'd love to read it. Perhaps you could PM it to those who are interested, so as to avoid posting it here where anyone could steal read it. How's your recovery going? Getting out and about yet?

Somebody from ToRn tell it how it is - Page 6 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6