Pettytyrant101
Bluebottle
Eldorion
halfwise
Norc
15 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 39 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2]

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:13 pm

folkyholeskool? was is dis?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 39 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2]

Post by Norc Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:50 pm

something very Scandinavian.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:59 pm

A folksy high school.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:20 pm

Whatever it is it probably involves herring Mad

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:33 pm

It's like a one year boarding school for a particular, often cultural, subject, that a lot of people go to the year after they've finished Videregående and before they go on to higher education. Some of them are very highly thought of, like the one Norc and Huffjuff are going to, which I think a lot of very highly thought of musicians have gone to. My brother went there.. ah.. two years ago.  

It's a bit like Hogwarts actually, just with 19 year olds, and for one year, and with no magic, at least on the syllabus. Oh, alright, it's nothing like Hogwarts.. Just a little bit. Smile

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:50 pm

What makes it different from just going to, say, an art/music school for Uni? Relatedly, do Norwegian universities require students to take classes in a wide variety of subjects, or only in the field they're focusing on?
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:04 pm

Hm, Universities are not "live in" establishments in Fjordlandia. Perhaps you do it differently? Here you either get a student flat or one on the private market. Student flats are chepear, but it's still a proper flat and seperate from the University as such.

Universities focus on one subject as such, biology, medicine, history, law..

And you get a degree, like a Bachelor or a Master. Folkehøyskole is more a year you devote to a particular interest, meeting new people, growing a little.. something like that. Smile

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:11 pm

That sounds like a pretty cool idea. Smile

A lot of people live on-campus at Universities in the US, but it's by no means universal. Also (and I think this is different from the UK, too), when you go to Uni in the US, you go for four years, and for roughly the first two you take a lot of courses in a variety of fields to meet your general requirements before beginning to focus more specifically on your major.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:18 pm

It is yeah. Nod I had a lot of fun when I went, anyway.

Ah, here you only do your subject, 3 years for a Bachelor, 5 for a Master. There is a general course everyone has to take in philosophy, but that's only around 10-15 weight points, out of 60 in a year.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:18 pm

A herring crisis?! affraid

http://www.nrk.no/nordnytt/sildekrise-gjor-20-stykker-arbeidslose-1.12000354

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:21 pm

There will be riots! Sofa

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:53 pm

Must be the trolls eating all the herring. Suspect
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:11 pm

Are you implying Ringdrotten is not doing his job properly Eldo? Shocked

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:19 pm

Far be it from me to question the Fjordian superman. {{{Sofa}}}

Last edited by Eldorion on Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : words)
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:37 pm

It's certainly troubling news. pale

And plays straight into something I was meaning to post.. kind of.. Very Happy

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:50 pm

I've not been on herring duty since I got promoted, now all I've got is troll duty. So shut up about it, it's not my fault, damnit!!!! Mad

{{{ Sad }}}

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 39 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:08 pm

Oh, noone is claiming any such thing, I'm sure. They just don't know the inner workings and heroic efforts of the Fjordlandian Herring and Troll Protection Effort. (Or FHTPE for short.) Wink

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:09 pm

In fjordlandian.. but I found it funny..

Noen nordmenn, etter min erfaring gjelder det spesielt trøndere, viser massiv entusiasme når de sier «det var bra». Det betyr at alt du gjorde, sa eller lagde av mat var helt fremragende. Ekte vennskap og medfølelse vises gjennom et enkelt klapp på ryggen. Kjærlighet kan vises ved et lite øyebryns-løft, eller en rask bevegelse med trønderbarten. Løftet øyebryn + bartebevegelse + smil = Jeg elsker deg, vil du gifte deg med meg?
http://www.vg.no/nyheter/meninger/kronikk-nordmenns-mange-rariteter/a/23323115/

Very Happy

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:10 pm

Fffffttt scratch
thats a sound not a word Very Happy

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 39 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 39 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:23 pm

Try saying it with a herring in your mouth and two trolls hanging around your neck. Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:55 pm

Ooooooh, you kinky devil you Laughing

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 39 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 39 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:15 pm

Well.. I wouldn't know, of course, but that is apparently the organization's motto. Shrugging

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:18 pm

Very Happy Im just pulling your Scandilandinavian leg Blue Laughing

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:30 pm

Bluebottle wrote:In fjordlandian.. but I found it funny..

Noen nordmenn, etter min erfaring gjelder det spesielt trøndere, viser massiv entusiasme når de sier «det var bra». Det betyr at alt du gjorde, sa eller lagde av mat var helt fremragende. Ekte vennskap og medfølelse vises gjennom et enkelt klapp på ryggen. Kjærlighet kan vises ved et lite øyebryns-løft, eller en rask bevegelse med trønderbarten. Løftet øyebryn + bartebevegelse + smil = Jeg elsker deg, vil du gifte deg med meg?
http://www.vg.no/nyheter/meninger/kronikk-nordmenns-mange-rariteter/a/23323115/

Very Happy
translation (because this is really funny):

"some norwegians, after my experience this goes for trøndere(meaning Ringo!) in particular, show massive enthusiasm when they say "that was good/well done". That means that everything you did, said or cooked was absolutely outstanding. Real friendship and compassion is shown through a simple pat on the back. Love can be shown with a little lift of the eyebrow or a quick movement of the trønderbart (the huge-ass trønder-moustache). Lifted eyebrow + moustachemovement  + smile = I love you, do you want to marry me?"

foundation of fanfic right there.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:35 pm

Ah, well done. Smile

Løftet øyebryn + bartebevegelse + smil = Jeg elsker deg, vil du gifte deg med meg?

That should be on a t-shirt, really. Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next