Pettytyrant101
Bluebottle
Eldorion
halfwise
Norc
15 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 3 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2]

Post by Norc Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:31 pm

Laughing
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 3 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2]

Post by Bluebottle Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:08 pm

So when is this story coming? bounce

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:23 pm

It's snowing here. Cheerleader Initially it was mixed in with rain, but I think now it's entirely snow. But it's above freezing here so nothing is sticking. Mad
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:32 pm

Ah. Well, at least it must be pretty to look at. Nod Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 3 2023

As I told Norc above we had the hottest late November day for a hundred years today. So not very wintery around this part of Fjordlandia at the moment.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:33 pm

Did one of you guys vandalize the Wikipedia page on Norway? Laughing

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 3 KTWECsc
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:44 pm

Its been Norced! Laughing 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:53 pm

Laughing  that explains a lot.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:58 pm

What the.. lol!

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 3 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:05 pm

Omg, this is great10!! Very Happy i swear i had nothing to do with that!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:01 pm

So another concert tonight with Stian Carstensen who some of you Fjordlandians might have seen on your televisions.  

I did take some pictures, but none of them turned out all that well.

The video from last week is out on youtube now however. cheers

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:31 pm

just curious.. are u related or family-friendly with any of these ? just thinking since u do music, ur dad do music and ur brother does music, have u by any chance grown up with like.. mucisians? such as these? like famous or semi-famous?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:29 pm

Well, as one of them is my brother I would have to say yes to your first question. Very Happy

The second part of your question was a bit more dificult to answer succinctly. My dad did do quite a lot of music when he was younger, although not jazz. He ended up gravitating more to the theatre/Opera, though not as a musician, as I have told you before.

My great grandmother, who was very musical, did leave him all her notes however because she felt he, out of all her 9 children and 20+ grandchildren, was the only one who was musical.

So it might be a bit of coincidence both of my brothers and I all ended up doing music to some extent, them much more seriously than me I should add. We always had a lot of instruments lying around the house, which didn't hurt. So a musical enviroment, I guess. Though not really a big musical family.

So yes and no, perhaps? Shrugging 

Would be interested to hear what you thought of the video. Very Happy

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:51 pm

oh, which of them is your brother? the music is good Smile though not exactly what i usually listen to it, but it's good Nod (and i still don't know why they clap in the middle of it.. was it improv?! no but i recent any kind of sound while listening to music, clappin, cheering, whatever.. it's annoying)

i was just curious Very Happy cus i know (from experience) musicians breed musicians Nod and i wondered wether or not you were of that breed too Wink
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:26 pm

Oh, I'm glad you liked it. Very Happy 

You being a young musician it's probably just a good thing to listen to music from different genres. What did you think of the violinist?

Except for the basic melody which is repeated all the solos are improvised. I think the clapping is part of the musicians interacting with the audience. The audience claps to show appreciation for the musicians and egg them on to perform even better. It makes sense in a concert situation, but not that much on a recording. I don't really have that strong an opninion of it. Though I can see that it might look and sound strange to someone not used to it.  

Yeah, I think the musicians breeding musicians point is really true. :nod:And I guess you could say that about me, though probably maybe more my brothers. I don't think my father ever intended for all of us to end up doing music at some level. It kind of just happened without any sort of real encouragment.  

What about you? Didn't you say your father was a musician as well.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:44 pm

Fair point, though i do listen to a fair bit of different music Wink

Yes.. My father is a musician, and kinda famous too... I don't want to go into too much detail since it's a bit.. Yeah... But ur father probably knows who he is as they were big in the 90s.. Have u ever been to the norwegian pop-music museum in Trondheim called Rockheim ( elaborating so more people can follow)? Let's just say that there is a reason why the 90's section is a student pub in tromsø... U kinda get what i grew up in Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:19 pm

That's good to hear. Nod  Actually they do tour quite a bit. I'll tell you if they go to Tromsø.

Oh, that sounds cool.

And I was already slightly green with envy over the studio in the basement situation. Laughing 

I would be interested to hear some of it. I'm sure it would be very interesting. Smile 

I've never been to Rockheim (in Namsos Wink ), but it sounds very nice. I don't mind it being in Namsos, though it was a one person decision, by Trond Giske, and I think they are struggling for visitors.

{{{You might have noticed I didn't mention who my brother was either. It's not that I mind you knowing. It's just with, you know, everything. :roll:If you want to know any more just ask me in the appropriate place. }}}

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:41 pm

some of his music? yes.. it's good, but there isn't a lot on youtube (for some reason)..

And Rockheim is in Trondheim(i've been there), yes, there is a copycat at Namsos.. Rolling Eyes 

{{{i know.. i don't want to like say who it is, you'll probably figure it out or something Rolling Eyes but it's like..yeah.. embarrassing. let's just go with that, although i am very proud of my dad, it's just embarrassing to mention him and seem like you're bragging, i dunno}}}
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:17 pm

You know. When you take no interest in a fact for such a long time you should not be surprised when you get it wrong. So Rock City in Namsos, Rockheim in Trondheim. I genuinely wasn't aware, thank you. :lol:And I even used to lived there. Rolling Eyes 

Now as for the violinist I would be interested to hear what you thought. I wouldn't really know if i should be impressed or not, you see. Though I am.

{{{On the bragging about your father. Yeah, I get that. Though don't worry, I wouldn't think you were. As for my brother maybe not state it in public and leave it there for perpituity. Shrugging Wink   }}}

Last edited by Bluebottle on Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:51 am

{{{haha, yupp, fair enough Wink }}}

i thought the violinist was good Nod although i am not the best judge for that Wink improvising is impressive though Smile 
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:11 pm

Well, i'm glad. Very Happy I might have asked you if you wanted to come if you didn't live on the other side of the country. I hope you found it a bit interesting as well, it not being the sort of thing you usually listen to.

We do have an old violin from my grandfather, though perfectly playable, at home. I have been trying to play it a bit recently inspired by the concerts, and probably a bit by you as well. Wink 

I found it quite enjoyable, though I can clearly see why it's a lot of work to really master playing. Or even to play competently, I guess. Laughing  The vibrato has me stymied though. It's so completely the opposite of what you would do on a guitar. I don't think you can even use the violin technique on a guitar, unless you have a fretless one that is.

Annoying thing is I just broke a string which I don't have a spare one for. So I'll have to go and buy some more, which I don't have time for in the next week or two. Rolling Eyes  So my violin career is on hold for the moment. Laughing

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:08 am

u broke a violin string? Shocked well.. i broke two in two days soo.. maybe i shouldn't talk Razz

i tried playing vibrato o guitar... it sort of worked.. lol.. but i do a good guitar one too Wink btw, we played a hell of a lot of concerts today xP first one at the school then one at an art exibition for art-students (children) Smile i totally forgot to get someone to film it though Sad but we'll make some videos Nod we played glazunov's interludium, google it up Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:07 am

I did. Embarassed Is that some sort of badge of honour among violinists? Very Happy Though judging by your tone maybe not. scratch Laughing

It's just so incredibly hard to tune. You have to really push home stemmeskruene to make them stick. And if you feel it's a bit flat or whatever and want to fine tune it, they tend to just go loose and you're all the way back to the beggining. Rolling Eyes I'll se if I can take a picture of the violin and share it. It's been real fun to try something new though. Nod  

You seem to be really racking up the concerts, sounds great! Very Happy 
Really liked that Glazunov piece. Nod  It was actually quite beautiful. Very Happy

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:43 pm

badge honor? no... you ought to change them before they get that bad and only a very inexperienced would brake a new string..

but yeah, i get the hard to tune, my pegs, the big ones, they don't actually fit properly and therefore doesn't stay in place and is a bitch to tune (i have fine-tuner-pegs no, makes it a lot easier) but that's how i broke two strings in two days Nod

there was a lot yesterday Razz + plus i had the birthday party Very Happy

i wish i could've filmed it, our teacher was really happy and said it was the best we'd ever done Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:25 pm

Ah, I see. Laughing  When you break a string on the guitar it's mostly because you're playing a bit too hard. That can often mean you're playing quite well as well. Well, at least in my opinion. So while annoying, not neccesarily a bad thing.

I think it was the continual pulling up to the note only to fall away that got to it in the end.

I might have asked you for a lesson, though that's obviously not very practical. Laughing  Would appreciate any tips you might have though.  

Thats great to hear about the concerts. Very Happy  You can get such an adrenalin rush from playing concerts, and if someone tells you it was genuinely good as well that's even better. Nod 

Hope you enjoyed your party. Very Happy

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:27 pm

the part was terrific Very Happy i could give u tips but idk, what do u wanna know? where to start Razz
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next