Pettytyrant101
Bluebottle
Eldorion
halfwise
Norc
15 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 2 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2]

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:15 pm

halfwise wrote:  I'm sure the vikings were quite terrifying until they got to the war cry bit.  Then it was all "Angrep! Drepe! ...Bjork!!" and the English all fell over laughing and were slaughtered.
lol! 

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 2 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 2 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2]

Post by Norc Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:16 pm

Rolling Eyes

norrønt/norse is a very fun language to look into though..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:29 pm

They just did a feature of male and female fashion tips for the Fjordlandian Christmas Party season on Fjordlandian afternoon television.

It certainly was ... an eyeopener. Shocked

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:18 pm

A Canadian Polar Bear. I thought this was a great picture. Like the Dead Marshes, but with bears instead of elven warriors. Shocked 
Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 2 The-water-bear-polar-bear-Paul-Souders
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:06 pm

Thats amazing. Shocked 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:32 pm

Bluebottle wrote:They just did a feature of male and female fashion tips for the Fjordlandian Christmas Party season on Fjordlandian afternoon television.

what?? 

great photo of that bear Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:33 pm

Do Fjordian fashion tips include horned helmets? Pokey Tongue

And the bear photo is very cool. Nod
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:33 pm

In among all the stuff on Scottish independence on the BBC website today I found this article which I thought might interest-

Stand on the quayside at Aberdeen and you are closer, geographically, to Stavanger in Norway than you are to London.
But the Nordic country that is arguably most similar to Scotland is Norway. If you'd sailed into Oslo 30 years ago, you'd have passed shipyards and marine workshops on the waterfront.

They were, by then, already in terminal decline. There was a lot of public pressure on the government to use the country's new oil wealth to rescue the industry and save jobs. It didn't happen. Norway, ruthlessly, let its declining old industries die.

For Norway understood very early that its oil wealth, if mismanaged, would be a curse rather than a blessing. Windfall resources like that can have the effect of so inflating a nation's currency, that every other sector of the productive economy becomes uncompetitive and collapses.

Norway's political parties entered into a self-denying pact. They agreed not to spend a penny of the oil revenues in Norway itself. So they save it all instead, investing in companies overseas.

Its oil fund is now worth £400bn. What's more 96% of the interest on that fund is reinvested in it. The Norwegians allow themselves to spend only 4% of the interest each year - and none of the capital. But even that is enough to pay for 10% of the annual public budget.

Norway declared independence from Sweden in 1905. There was tension between the two nations and even the threat of war. But there were negotiations at the end of which the Swedish King renounced his claim to the Norwegian throne, in effect dissolving what had been a United Kingdom.

Echoes of that tension remain. The Norwegian journalist Marie Simenson worked for a time as her newspaper's correspondent in London, and reported from Scotland during the 1997 referendum campaign.

She told me: "Norwegians used to have an inferiority complex about the Swedes.

"The Swedes were the big brother of the Nordic countries. They ruled over Norway till 1905. It's still there especially among older people - the Swedes seem more posh, more sophisticated, and we are still like farmers and fishermen and so forth.
"I saw these same traits in the Scottish view of England. The Scots are like the Norwegians - they are outgoing and so on, but if you push their buttons, they're a bit touchy. It's the same with the Swedes. In sport, it is the most important thing to beat the Swedes."
Norway's former foreign minister, Jonas Store, told me: "We were told that we were doomed in the new global economy.
"But we've seen over these last years that the Nordic countries come out on top when it comes to innovation, creating new businesses, and flexibility.
"We have higher employment, sounder public finances, safe and solid public welfare, because we have unions that take collective responsibility and strike responsible deals. We have a high level of social capital, as well as financial capital."- BBC

A fair overview?

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:36 pm

Norc wrote:
Bluebottle wrote:They just did a feature of male and female fashion tips for the Fjordlandian Christmas Party season on Fjordlandian afternoon television.

what??
Let's just say it featured external silicon enhancers in more than two places. Rolling Eyes 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:46 pm

fair review, yes, perhaps, i can't compare it to scotland though Wink
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:57 am

Bluebottle wrote:
Norc wrote:

what??
Let's just say it featured external silicon enhancers in more than two places. Rolling Eyes 
Oh, and the trick of wearing two bras at once to make your breasts look bigger. And, yeah, more tips along those lines.

Safe to say, all my illusions were shattered. Laughing 

Eldorion wrote:Do Fjordian fashion tips include horned helmets? Pokey Tongue
Seemingly not, Eldo. Embarassed 

Now that stuff can't be commonplace, surely? Shocked

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:05 am

illusions blue.. illusions Nod

although wearing two bras can work, getting a cool clivache and all, it can also result that it looks like u have four boobs..or really flat ones..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:43 am

Laughing 

I'll keep that in mind. Nod 

It was the rear external silicon enhancer that came as the biggest shock though. At some point you just end up thinking, what's the point.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:58 am

Now what if I tell you that you can get the same items, only for men? Hold in, push up, fake abs, underwear that lifts and um accentuates.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:11 pm

and it's settled... i will use this in the fan.- woops spoilers..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:27 pm

It did seem to tie in quite well with your picture. Nod  (Though that's might not be what you're refering to. Laughing )

Amarië wrote:Now what if I tell you that you can get the same items, only for men? Hold in, push up, fake abs, underwear that lifts and um accentuates.
Amarïe; I would laugh, and then go to get my vaulet.

(Ps. I might very likely not do the second part being to busy with the first.)

How completely pointless. Rolling Eyes Laughing 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:01 pm

Bluebottle wrote:It did seem to tie in quite well with your picture. Nod  (Though that's might not be what you're refering to. Laughing )
oi... what are you trying to say.. ? Suspect
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:13 pm

Very Happy 

Ha. I can see it can be read that way, but I wouldn't intimate that surely. Shrugging  It would have been a lot more amusing than what I was trying to say, though. Laughing 

And we know from the fanfiction that Ringo doesn't need it and Nora looks very pretty and natural in that picture so probably isn't using it. Which only leaves us with the posibility of Eldo.

He did say he was looking a little to handsome in that picture. Shrugging Laughing 

(In reality I was only pointing out the coincidence. Didn't mean to intimate any such amusing things at all.)

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:08 pm

Laughing yesh, i got that Wink 

we'll see what happens when i write that thing i'm planning Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:27 pm

Ooh.

I'm really looking forward to it. Very Happy 

(Though I might be said to have good reasons not to. Laughing )

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:00 pm

Snø! cheers 

http://www.yr.no/sted/Norge/Oslo/Oslo/Blindern/

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:09 pm

HAHA! LOL!

it rains here Sad
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:19 pm

I detest rain in winter, so pointless. Mad 

We had 13+ degrees today. Rolling Eyes  Warmest November day in 100 years.

Friday looks good, though. And for you as well:

http://www.yr.no/sted/Norge/Troms/Troms%C3%B8/Troms%C3%B8/

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:25 pm

meeh, it's alright.. i bit too warm. but at least it'll snow Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:38 pm

Though it looks like that is all we'll get in a good long time. Mad 

http://www.yr.no/sted/Norge/Oslo/Oslo/Blindern/langtidsvarsel.html

That's it. I'm moving to Tromsø. Laughing

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next