Pettytyrant101
Bluebottle
Eldorion
halfwise
Norc
15 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 18 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2]

Post by David H Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:10 pm

Norc wrote:everyone els here lives in pretty large cities i guess, or not who knows.....

Suspect 

not  
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 18 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2]

Post by azriel Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:12 pm

Blue...just heard "Pink Robots", good stuff !  cheers 

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 18 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 18 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:00 am

Glad to hear that, Azriel. Nod

I think it's quite a good song too.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:20 am

I might even buy the Cd, if I could find it ?

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 18 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 18 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:37 am

Hm, bit of a difficult question.

Do you mean a physical copy?

As for downloads and streaming, it's on Spotify and iTunes and all I think. I'll find you some links if you want.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:42 am

And also it's a bit strange that the first thing I see when I enter the thread now is the face of a friend of mine. It's nice, but a bit weird.  Laughing 

It's not like he's all that much in the music video either.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:47 am

Thanks Blue, links would be nice  Very Happy
And on a note closer to my heart.... why spend mine when I can spend yours, as they say. A download would be good.....on the understanding I simply CANNOT get Foreignie-woreinie Norsk stuff here in Blighty.

Last edited by azriel on Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:50 am

I know what you mean about friends & faces, Ive got some friends, Italian, they are in the music industry, seeing them on TV or mags, etc, is...... funny, in a weird way ? but you feel sorta secretive cos YOU know them & everyone else doesnt know the YOU know them  Razz 

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:47 am

halfwise wrote:got it.  This place isn't as embarrassing as having a face shot on a dating site, but I understand the feeling, especially for a smallish town.

thanx Smile

no, david, you're right, but i don't think i can put my finger on a map and say, there u live.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:49 am

azriel wrote:I know what you mean about friends & faces, Ive got some friends, Italian, they are in the music industry, seeing them on TV or mags, etc, is...... funny, in a weird way ? but you feel sorta secretive cos YOU know them & everyone else doesnt know the YOU know them  Razz 

yeah, watching the spellemannsprisen was fun Laughing

the song was kinda cool Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:38 pm

Links, Azriel:  Very Happy 

http://open.spotify.com/album/1vq4dz3VuWhEkW5BhKyytt

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/pink-robots-ll/id674765881

Don't really have it myself, so can't really help you with a download. If you have a facebook account you can listen to it for free on Spotify though.

I should say I'm a bigger fan of the single than the album, but you'll figure it out for yourself.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:39 pm

Norc wrote:the song was kinda cool Very Happy

Well, I'm glad you think so.  Nod 

Because I kind of think so too.

Familiar faces at Spellemannsprisen? Cool.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:46 pm

sort of yeah.. Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:31 pm

Ah, maybe I should have watched more of it. I only saw about 20 minutes of it. Then I might have gotten who you're refering too.  Laughing

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:31 pm

Rolling Eyes
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:49 pm

Nah, it's not important.  Wink  It's just interesting to have common references.

I don't think I knew anyone there. I have met one of those guys from Envy a time or two, but wouldn't really say I know him. He seems like a nice guy though.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:53 pm

So about Norwegian accents....

They change so dramatically as you go up the coast, especially if you get out of the towns. It's a bit overwhelming, I found. Are you  native-borners sure you can really keep them all straight?

A neighbor of mine was an exchange student to a family in a rural Norwegian village in the 70's, and learned to speak the language fluently from his host family.  For many years later, if he was ever between jobs here, he'd fly back southern Norway and get a job in the tourist industry.

He said nobody ever guessed he was American or asked for identification. If they ever asked where he was from or about his accent, he'd just name the village he'd stayed in, and they'd proceed to make fun of that region, accepting him completely after that.

I think it was in the 90's when the computers finally caught up with him.

So I ask again, are you native speakers really absolutely certain you can spot a phony?
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:04 pm

Not at all, someone who's learned to speak a dialect I'm not familiar with fluently will probably convince me any day. I would spot one who spoke my dialect or one of the most know ones pretty easily, though, but you're quite right, they're too many even for us Smile

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 18 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:20 pm

i think if u learn norwegian by the book (bokmål/nynorsk) it is pretty obvious if you're a foreigner or not, but if u spend a year in a family and adopt the dialect, i think one can fool anyone. we had a german exchange student, and i couldn't really hear that she was german. Also i have a couple of friends that stayed in the us for a year, and they talk fluently, it's crazy. so yes, i think u can fool someone, but you would have to really absorb the culture and language for like a year. if you take like a class or something, you'll get called out at once Razz
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:46 pm

Yeah, I think Norc and Ringo pretty much pegged it. Nod Even a little hint of a manerisms relating to a certain country can be very apparent to a native speaker though. A bit like a regional accent actually.

This talk of accents does remind me of something though. I used to play music with a drummer from England who studied here for 3 years and learned to speak Norwegian fluently, albeit with a slight English accent. Then he went off as a stand in drummer for a band from Bodø for two weeks, playing a couple of concerts around Bodø, and came back with a Bodø accent. I think he still has it to this day.  Laughing

So quicker adaptions are possible as well, I guess.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:19 pm

Wow.  Shocked   Laughing 

Ville bruke nordlyset for å promotere Oslo-OL i Sotsji

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:42 pm

yeah. wow. what the hell..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:59 pm

Laughing I find I quite agree with him.

It is bloody cheeky to have a vote for ONLY Oslo-people, asking if they wanted the new cool roads that came with arranging OL and have the whole country pay the bill.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:26 pm

Yeah, it was a bit much.  Laughing  Even when completely ignoring the whole Tromsø Olympics issue.

"We wanted to show off norwegian nature."

Norwegian nature you have to travel two hours by plane to experience? Maybe they should include some polar bears as well.  Rolling Eyes 

The vote was only about wether Oslo kommune should support a Olympic bid I think, as they will have to take a large part of the bill. So they will have to decide wether to support it at state level seperately.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:39 pm

Yeah, a polar bear would be nice. During the Lillehammer olympics they cut in little movies of deer and hares and what ever in the broadcasts, as if they were simply skipping along the ski tracks.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next