Ringdrotten
leelee
Pettytyrant101
Amarië
Norc
24 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [4] - Page 34 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [4]

Post by azriel Tue May 19, 2015 9:55 pm

It doesnt take long to get back in the flow. Smile

Things that are making you crabbit! [4] - Page 34 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Things that are making you crabbit! [4] - Page 34 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [4] - Page 34 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [4]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:45 pm

'Special' kitkats are making me crabbit- especially when I didn't know it was 'special' and got a nasty shock when I realised I was about to eat a white kitkat Mad kitkats should not be white chocolate! Mad That's not special. Unless they mean in the old fashioned sense that its retarded Mad
Then I discovered it gets worse, they cant even make their mind up, so its half white chocolate (on the top) and milk chocolate (on the bottom). So its like having to eat the biscuit equivalent of a song co-written by Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder Mad

I just want a kitkat Evil or Very Mad

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:17 pm

Totally agree Petty, its the same with "Milky Way" bars, I do NOT like the ones we have now, I like the older ones better, these ones are just sickly ! & where's the fooking cherries gone in the "Topic" bars eh ?. "Heart" ice creams, I use to love them, gone ! why ?!

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:20 pm

Aeros are pretty shit these days too. Mad  they are too sickly sweet and they never used to look like arses. try one, they look like chocolate bottoms. Shocked

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:21 pm

The thing which annoys me most is how small chocolate bars are nowadays, if I'm stupid enough to ruin my teeth with some sickly sweet sugary rubbish anyway why can't I have more of it?

Pettytyrant101 wrote:'Special' kitkats are making me crabbit- especially when I didn't know it was 'special'

At least Peanut Butter ones are optional, a local sweet shop imports American 'candy' bars, every single one seems to have peanut butter in it...

What's wrong with plain Milk chocolate?

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:32 pm

Aeros give me heartburn now, they never used to before ? and they had more flavours,I remember an Orange Aero. And why stop the Cadbury bars that had little bits of the chocs from the boxes in ? ( lime barrel, strawberry cream etc )

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:26 pm

they still have nuclear green Aeros. horrible.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:07 pm

No

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:48 pm

Fascinating candy discussion!

What's making me crabbit right now is advertising. Specifically, radio-advertising. Specifically, radio advertising and self-promotion from a local music station. The station is absolutely full of itself, tooting its own horn in-between every single song, and utterly rubbish in that, while it does play good music, the music it plays is a very small sampling and consists ENTIRELY of popular singles. Bleh. Motherflippin' mo' fo's!!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:33 pm

I just went to the dentist for an extraction and ended up with my right eye numbed!!!! Mad

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:52 pm

You off the Buckie Petty? I would have thought it to be numb anyway?
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:35 pm

Apparently it can in fact get even more numb! So I cant blink because my eyelids is numb! Mad
I dont recommend it, its not a pleasant sensation (when it happened it felt like someone was pouring a hot spiky liquid into my eyeball- from the inside. Mad

ps loving the avatar!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:00 pm

It took me about 10 minutes to get one that both looked kinda like me and to convey my general sense of feeling toward the world.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:06 pm

where do you find them?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:25 pm

In the Avatar section on my profile page... looks like an advert so not sure if they change to something else when you go in.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:19 pm

This isn't going to work out. I kept thinking you were talking about Avatar The Last Airbender and got all excited. We need to find another thing to call forum avatars. Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:59 pm

New Age hippies!! Making me crabbit.

23,000 of the buggers turned up at Stone Henge to celebrate the Solstice.
Some even get to touch the stones, normally off bounds, to 'protect their religious beliefs'.
What bloody religious beliefs? Beliefs yes, but anyone can have those, I believe in the God of Buckie (he even has His own monks)- but being a wishy-washy crystal rubbing tree-hugging new age hippie its not a religion- and whatever religion the people who built Stonehenge worshipped is long gone and forgotten to the depths of time.
You cant claim to be following it just because you call yourself a Druid. Mad

Also ignorance! They are celebrating 'life and love' in a Circle made for ancestor worship (and likely communication with) the Dead- its STONE!!! A STONE circle:evil:
The Circle for the Living is made of WOOD and long since gone.

If there ever was any truth to the old religion, these people are pissing all over those beliefs with this hippie new age crap Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:02 pm

Yeah, it's like the line.. "Anyone who claims to known anything about druidism is probably lying or doesn't know better."

It's mostly all modern invention.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:26 pm

Petty... that was a Michael Bay-esque contradiction!

How can you know what these stones were for if the reasons and religion are lost to the depths of time...?

???

Not that I disagree with the overall point but I have had a boring day and want to cause some mischief.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:32 pm

How can you know what these stones were for if the reasons and religion are lost to the depths of time...?- Lance

A very pertinent question Lance- the answer to which is archaeology.

In particular the uncovering in recent times of both the second circle at Stonehenge (which was wood) and the processional route between them.
But adding to that the same set up, on an even bigger scale in Scotland, recently uncovered which includes some sort of ritual/temple section between the two and a clear processional route form one circle to the other (such processional routes seem quite common to religions all over the globe at this time- the most striking of which are probably those of the Incas and the Naztec Lines).

We know from a variety of sites and sources certain things- we know that Venus was associated with birth, and that stone was associated with the dead, presumably because it seems to last forever (and in fact we sill have the connection between stone and death in graveyard headstones).
We now form Roman (quite dubious though) and from the Early Celtic Church (less dubious) that the Druids spoke to he ancestors, and that wood was associated with the living and stone with the dead.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:37 pm

I thought Stonehenge was pre-Celtic. Any Druids using it would have been making stuff just as much as modern neo-pagans are.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:39 pm

Celtic is a misterm- there isnt really any such thing.
Druids is used pretty loosely as well- but they certainly existed and were the dominant religous folk when the Romans arrived, and the early Irish Church records them too.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:41 pm

It's been a long time since I studied Iron Age Europe so I can't argue with you but I'm really curious what you mean about Celts not being a real thing.  I know that's sometimes said about the modern "Celtic Revival" but I hadn't heard that said of the ancient culture before. study

My point about the Druids is that they were practicing (the ones who met the Romans, that is) something like 2000 years after Stonehenge was built.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:48 pm

So then it hasn't all been forgotten and they can turn up every solstice?

Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:52 pm

t's been a long time since I studied Iron Age Europe so I can't argue with you but I'm really curious what you mean about Celts not being a real thing. - Eldo

Celt just means 'barbarian' in Ancient Greek- it referred to  a wide array of tribes mainly Germanic at the time, but that eventually stretched all the way to northern Britain.
But there is little evidence if any to point towards a shared religion, let alone shared institutions that would constitute a 'people'.

But the tentative dating for the emergence of the 'Celts' is 1200bc.
Stonehenge is dated to 2500bc so roughly 1 thousand years earlier so it could not be Celtic in construction.
The earliest radio carbon dates for the Scottish sites at Brodgar is 3200bc and it seems to have been abandoned sometime about 2300bc- only 200 hundred years after a smaller, but very similar complex would be constructed at Stone Henge.
Rome did not invade until 55bc.

'So then it hasn't all been forgotten and they can turn up every solstice?'- Lance

It snot all been forgotten, or at least we are piecing bits back together through the evidence. And worshipping for Life at a site built for the Dead seems stupid to me, possibly offensive, and if the folk of that time were even a bit right, probably dangerous too.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next