Ringdrotten
leelee
Pettytyrant101
Amarië
Norc
24 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [4] - Page 26 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [4]

Post by halfwise Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:54 pm

Figgers it would be the Dr Who thread. Though I don't understand what's so sexist about saying women are no different from men.  Shrugging 

The statistics quoted show that women are somewhat different from men: a 30% difference in opinion polls (and that was the largest number, and I believe relative, not absolute) is significant but not hugely earthshaking, and most numbers were around half that.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [4] - Page 26 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [4]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:00 pm

Though I don't understand what's so sexist about saying women are no different from men.- Halfy

I dont think its worth going over any old ground save to say I am still puzzled at exactly what caused the offence in that conversation- usually I can look back through one of our disagreements and see something I've said that was either poorly worded or said in the heat of debate that I should not have, or that is worth giving a genuine apology for.
I have not sent her an apology this time, not because I do not want her back on the forum, I very much do and miss her when she is not here, but because I still dont know what I would be apologising for this time.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:12 pm

{{{ we're men.  It's our lot in life.  Dig up something. }}}

Last edited by halfwise on Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:59 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:ToRN pulled one of my posts!  Mad 

You think that's bad?
Forumshire just pulled one of MY posts! Shocked 

$%#% #%&@ing Fascists! Extremely Crabbit 

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:07 pm

Ooooh Id love to know what you said Dave ! Your the "oil on troubled waters" sort of guy so it must have been juicy ?  bounce 

Things that are making you crabbit! [4] - Page 26 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Things that are making you crabbit! [4] - Page 26 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:19 pm

I wish it was! All I did was agree with Orwell Banghead 
He doesn't take agreement well... apparently. Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:34 pm

halfwise wrote:Figgers it would be the Dr Who thread.  Though I don't understand what's so sexist about saying women are no different from men.  Shrugging 

Let me first say that I do mainly agree. But I believe it is the subtext that causes hell. Because you are basicly saying that it doesn't matter. Replace women and men with Israel and Palatine. Democrats and Republicans. Cowboys and Indians. Liberals and Purists. Tom and Jerry. (Not nessessarily in that order Wink ) And try to say: I don't see what is so antisemitic about... what is so racist about... I'm not a racist, but...

(NOT saying you 100% MEANT to say that, but you know... it all depends on your point of view and where the other person stand.)

And of course it was the Doctor Who thread! Like a fight would break out in an appropriate thread where innocent people wouldn't be caught in the crossfire. Honestly!  Rolling Eyes The docs at Shady Hole medical center are still changing bandages and holding hands in a comforting manner and the supply of Miruvor is running dangerously low... But at least there is Buckie.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:55 pm

Thanks for trying to explain Amarie but I'm afraid my poor male brain still doesn't get it. I mean there is no difference between Israelis and Palestinians, that's what is so ridiculous about the situation- they both need security, freedom to conduct their affairs and the safety to raise their families and they both act off old grudges, what has gone before and use violence to try to enforce their way.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:07 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote: that's what is so ridiculous about the situation- they both need security, freedom to conduct their affairs and the safety to raise their families and they both act off old grudges, what has gone before and use violence to try to enforce their way.

Same with Rangers fans and Celtics fans I'd guess, but I don't plan to wander into a Glasgow pub and try to prove that point with a statistical argument.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:11 pm

Exactly the same I'd say David. But I didnt say it made a blind bit of sense.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:52 am

halfwise wrote:{{{ we're men.  It's our lot in life.  Dig up something. }}}

{{{ wanted to clarify: It's our lot in life to be continually apologizing for things we haven't got a clue about.  Which is probably what got us in the position of apologizing in the first place, but really we're just going through the motions because it's all totally beyond us and we're trying to feel our way out of the maze.  "Uh...I dunno....I'm sorry??"  }}}

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:43 am

This reminds.me that I have to continue with my Petty/Figg fan fiction/parody.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:52 am

Yes, you do.  Nod So bloody well get on with it!  Mad

{{{Halfy apologising for things I dont know I've done takes up a surprising -or maybe not surprising- amount of my time  Mad }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:02 pm

{{{  Apologize now - ask questions later.  (if the question is "what did I just apologize for?" then you're on the hamster wheel.) }}}  

Things that are making me crabbit: Ringo still hasn't posted pictures and full commentary from his trip.  And advance crabbit: Lance will likely do the same thing, especially since he never mentioned he was going in the first place.  Mad

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:51 pm

This is getting more and more embarassing... Embarassed Ok, I promise to have them up by Sunday!

Things that are making you crabbit! [4] - Page 26 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:36 pm

He is probably air-brushing himself so he looks like the fanart Laughing
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:06 pm

Just making a few... adjustments..   Nod

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:41 am

Just a quick reminder to myself I have to put these up today!

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:42 am

Get on it!  Mad 

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:00 pm

halfwise wrote:{{{  Apologize now - ask questions later.  (if the question is "what did I just apologize for?" then you're on the hamster wheel.) }}}  

Things that are making me crabbit: Ringo still hasn't posted pictures and full commentary from his trip.  And advance crabbit: Lance will likely do the same thing, especially since he never mentioned he was going in the first place.  Mad

I am pretty sure I did mention going away.... still not back yet though so no pics just yet.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:35 pm

Well, I finally put them up, so we'll be expecting pics when (or somtime after Very Happy ) you return!

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:29 am

BLAARRGHGHGRHGHRHGHGHGH!!!
This stupid game is making me rage-inducingly CRABBIIIIIT!!!!!

Things that are making you crabbit! [4] - Page 26 Dota-2-wall

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:48 am

I tried playing DOTA 2. My poor little computer could barely handle it on low settings. Plus I didn't know what the flippity fuck I was doing.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:32 pm

I may be absent or quiet for a short period whilst I repeatedly bang my head off hard surfaces until I pass out or the world stops shitting in my cornflakes. Mad

My HD failed utterly, I cant even get at anything on it. So I am on a new HD, well an old one I had Ive reformatted but Ive lost everything I was working on.
This includes all the forum stuff for the newspapers (and Lances much belated but was actually nearly finished edition) Mad and much worse i had got a commission from a small local business to produce a video for them with a decent payment- and I've lost it all and all the programs I was using to make it and there is not a hope in hell I can get back to where I was let alone finish it for the deadline.
How typical of life, just when you think its handed you a break and something nice it was really just an excuse to wait for you to smile so life can kick you in the teeth again. Evil or Very Mad

If anyone is looking for me I'll be drinking in a corner and softly crying to myself inbetween aforementioned smashing my head of the wall.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:39 pm

Sorry to hear you're having computer problems again, Petty. Hope things work out and maybe someone at a shop or tech support can salvage some data from your HD.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next