Orwell
Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
17 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Doctor Who [7] - Page 16 Empty Re: Doctor Who [7]

Post by Amarië Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:41 pm

Well you have to go via Oslo of course (:facepalm: ) so it will take a while to fly.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:55 pm

Yepp...
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:26 am

Doctor Qui! cheers 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:49 pm

I watched the Dr Who history on BBC3 last night, it was a lot of fun.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:42 pm

Very Happy 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:29 pm

There's this, then another one on Thursday!!!

Doctor Who [7] - Page 16 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:54 pm

i absolutely loved that one Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:38 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:

Very Happy 
Oh gosh, it's like a portal-view into an alternate universe. Dr. Who, with no funding! And a sad, depressed David Tennant. Crying or Very sad 

Made me laugh. But still, makes you grateful for what we have!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:25 am

That vid Tin was better than how the actual episode ended.
In my head after that scene he dances all round the console room overjoyed to finally have found a way to get rid of the scary clingy woman. Nod 

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:38 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:That vid Tin was better than how the actual episode ended.
In my head after that scene he dances all round the console room overjoyed to finally have found a way to get rid of the scary clingy woman. Nod 
Well that's one way to look at it. As long as we recognize that he is about to run into something much worse!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:04 am

What Martha? Very Happy (Or Rose coming back again and again like a scary clingy women who just wont go away when she is supposed too Wink )

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:08 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:What Martha? Very Happy(Or Rose coming back again and again  like a scary clingy women who just wont go away when she is supposed too Wink )
pshaw... I meant Donna of course!
"OI! Spaceboy!!" still rings in my ears.

(I do hope I'm not somehow mixing up my episodes. I'm nearly certain that Donna appeared in the Christmas Special, or something, after the not-so-final episode with Rose).

Edit: The idea of accepting Donna did grow on me during her season, but at first she really clashed with my fond memories of Rose.

P.S.
What's all this denigration of Rose to "scary clingy woman" status? Most uncalled-for in my opinion. Mad 

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:32 am

I do hope I'm not somehow mixing up my episodes. I'm nearly certain that Donna appeared in the Christmas Special- Forest

No you are quite right, she was in the xmas episode and then we got the year that never was with Martha and then Donna returned in the bride episode and stayed for two seasons I think.
I liked Donna, she wasn't interested in the Doctor in any way other than a mate, which was the sort of companion I thought of as  a companion form classic Who- companions falling i love with the Doctor and being rude to everyone else wasnt my idea of a companion, and as to him falling in love with a nineteen year old human, thats just creepy. He's lucky Gallifrey is gone or he'probably be put on a register there!

I know Amy has her moments of wanting the Doctor, but she is more confused than she is genuinely in love with him, which she never is (she just want to have sex with him following a near death experience, as you do) and he's is horrified, and quite rightly so, at the idea from the start and made very uncomfortable by it.
And thats the reaction I would expect the Doctor to have at a human coming on to him- completely oblivious then dawning horror followed by the realisation something a lot more exciting than sex is going on somewhere and he'd rather be doing that (or inventing a new type of screwdriver).

"What's all this denigration of Rose to "scary clingy woman" status? Most uncalled-for in my opinion."- Forest

Its mainly to keep the crabbit bubbling in Mrs Figg- I do like it when she gets fiesty Twisted Evil

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:16 am

BBC America is celebrating Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary with the first ever live simulcast from YouTube Space Los Angeles.

The station has joined with Nerdist Industries to screen a pre Anniversary show on the station and streamed globally on BBC America's YouTube Channel. Hosted by Veronica Belmont, the Doctor Who 50th Live Pre-Show will air November 23, 2:30pm ET (1930 GMT) just prior to the premiere of Doctor Who’s 50th anniversary special The Day of The Doctor.

Doctor Who 50th Live Pre-Show will be an all-out celebration of 50 years of Doctor Who and its passionate fans. As the world awaits the global simulcast of the anniversary special, the pre-show will feature a live curation of fan-created content being shared on social media from celebrations around the globe, plus chats with special guests- Gallifrey Base

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:00 pm

All the Doctor/Clara bits from the Ultimate Guide on BBC3-

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:37 pm

''P.S.
What's all this denigration of Rose to "scary clingy woman" status? Most uncalled-for in my opinion.'' Forest

you tell him Forest !  nobody disses Rose on my watch. Mad 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:39 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:That vid Tin was better than how the actual episode ended.
The only scary clingy woman I know is River Song. scratch 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:45 pm

This might look a bit weird out of context but, as we were talking about Craig Ferguson on the other thread thought I might share it. This was the cold opening on a show Matt Smith appeared on which was pulled for rights reasons.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:11 pm

They should let him do any sketch he likes about Who- he is so clearly a huge fan and he loves the show and he is promoting it for free in the US. I never understand when companies step in with copyright crap on something thats promoting their program for them.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:17 pm

I think they were using a remix or modernised version of sorts. So it wasn't the BBC, but the other company who apparently didn't give clearance to use the sample they used in time.

A bit strange, when a proper network like CBS would obviously have paid properly for it's use as well.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:55 am

Bluebottle wrote:This might look a bit weird out of context but, as we were talking about Craig Ferguson on the other thread thought I might share it. This was the cold opening on a show Matt Smith appeared on which was pulled for rights reasons.

Wow! Thanks for sharing!

In the same theme of exciting epic and entertaining totally awesome things, I just bought tickets to see the 50th in a local theatre!  Very Happy     Needless to say, Monday cannot come soon enough. bounce bounce   The challenge will be avoiding spoilers until then, as the episode actually comes out on the 23rd, apparently.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:48 am

omg! IT'S ON MONDAY!?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:37 am

Saturday on the TV and selected cinemas then its in the cinema from Sunday/Monday on.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:35 pm

is it BBC1?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:56 pm

Yeah its on BBC1 at 7.50pm on Staurday and also on BBCHD and on BBC3D  for those lucky enough to own a 3D tv, as well as at selected cinemas at the same time, and then on more general cinema release from Sunday or Monday.

So you should be able to watch it as broadcast on either of the links provided for watching BBC.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next