Ringdrotten
Sinister71
Tinuviel
19 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Worst Case Scenarios - Page 3 Empty Re: Worst Case Scenarios

Post by Sinister71 Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:01 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I enjoyed Dragon Age- to a point- but I was bothered by the fact  I could see the seams and joins- mainly because I had used the Never Winter Nights construction set from the same company quite extensively- and Dragon Age is basically the same way of putting stuff together- so it felt quite artificial to me.
You should check out Dragon Age Inquisition it looks quite a bit different than the other DA games so far. From my understanding and reading the article on it. It is going to be much more advanced than them as well. The screen shots of it I have seen rival or beat Skyrim and the game isn't even scheduled to be released till fall of 2014
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:07 pm

Just watched the announcement trailer- looks nice but mainly cutscenes so hard to tell.
But then the Witcher 2 is probably the best looking rpg I have ever seen- I still wouldn't pick it over a modded Skyrim though for playability.

But if they can fix some of the level construction problems- those terrible area borders that basically stitch together into the game world for a start, it might be worth it- as Dragon Age had one of the best story interactions of any rpg.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:27 pm

It's a big change for Bioware - they're no longer using the same engine that they've had for the last several years. Since EA acquired the Frostbite 3 engine, all of their studios are switching to it.
I think it'll be interesting to see how Bioware handles an engine made for First person shooters in an RPG instead. From what I've read so far about the game, it seems that they've learned from the many blunders Dragon Age 2 had; I remember loving the first game to pieces, maybe this one will be a return to form. Smile 

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:43 pm

Recoveryanonymous wrote:It's a big change for Bioware - they're no longer using the same engine that they've had for the last several years. Since EA acquired the Frostbite 3 engine, all of their studios are switching to it.
I think it'll be interesting to see how Bioware handles an engine made for First person shooters in an RPG instead. From what I've read so far about the game, it seems that they've learned from the many blunders Dragon Age 2 had; I remember loving the first game to pieces, maybe this one will be a return to form. Smile 
It looks pretty amazing already RA and its not even set to come out until next fall. Its open world just like Skyrim and from what the announcement video says you have more choices that effect the outcomes. Hopefully its gonna be great
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:49 pm

Im in two minds about this now RA.
Their old engine was obviously starting to creak under the strain- but at least it was an engine originally designed for creating rpg's in.
This is taking a multitask engine and getting it do an rpg- a different sort of challenge.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:37 pm

It could go either way.
The important thing to note for right now is that they seem to be taking their time with it. A notable improvement since DA2 - I think that game had like 18 months of development.
I see your point though. I read this article in Game-informer about it: The devs talked about how the Frostbite engine is very good with destruction physics and how they could potentially use that to rebuild things in-game.

Doesn't really scream RPG Laughing  But I guess we'll see just how versatile this engine really is.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:52 pm

heres a trailer I found for it mostly cut scenes but from my understanding the game play will be seamless with it almost like the Last of Us

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:13 pm

I guess we'll see just how versatile this engine really is.- RA

I suppose quite impressive castles siege potential- walls falling down that sort of thing.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:03 am

Desolation of Shmowguh Worst Case Scenario #1: I enjoy the film and exit the theater in a hypnotic state demanding a ten film adaptation of The Silmarillion.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:07 am

affraid
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:12 am

Oh yeah, the Hobbit. Very Happy 

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:55 am

#1: I enjoy the film and exit the theater in a hypnotic state demanding a ten film adaptation of The Silmarillion. - Bungo

I think you just won. pale 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:09 am

yeah, Bungo went the complete opposite direction but, WTF ! The Sil ! & ONLY 10 instalments ? actually not a bad idea, the stress & weight of it might convince PJ to abandon all hope & flee the sinking ship, prove to himself once & for all, HE CANT FOOKING DO IT ! so, Fook off PJ ! Nod 

Worst Case Scenarios - Page 3 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Worst Case Scenarios - Page 3 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:54 pm

the irony is after I watched LOTR all that seemed possible, my hopes were high and all was right in the world tra la lally, now after TH its just a hollow and tragic parody, the Sil is a far and distant dream.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:20 pm

azriel wrote:The Sil ! & ONLY 10 instalments
The ten movie idea is something that I got from a comment on Jackson's facebook page which roughly read, "If you were to make ten films based on The Hobbit, I would watch them all!"

:facepalm: Hurr durr Banghead Extremely Crabbit

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:29 pm

[quote="bungobaggins"]
azriel wrote: "If you were to make ten films based on The Hobbit, I would watch them all!"
I think three is my limit. pale 
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:29 pm

bungobaggins wrote: The ten movie idea is something that I got from a comment on Jackson's facebook page which roughly read, "If you were to make ten films based on The Hobbit, I would watch them all!"
3 is still too many 2 done correctly would have been perfect Smile 

Obviously written by a Jackson fanboy who A Cares nothing about the actual story of the Hobbit or B is someone so obsessed by Jackson's middle earth they have no concept of Tolkien or his work...

I guess I have just cared about the actual story of the Hobbit for too long to let it go so easily. There are thousands of ways that the actual story of the Hobbit could have worked on film while including the appendices material and not turned itself into a farce so loosely based on the book that it is hard to even consider Jackson's version the Hobbit anymore.

I would say "Quest for Erebor" and be totally correct but the Hobbit it is not. But since Jackson has no right's to UT he had to call it something now didn't he Extremely Crabbit
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:42 pm

David, sweety, lovey, it wasnt I that said......
"azriel wrote: "If you were to make ten films based on The Hobbit, I would watch them all!"
Im not THAT senile.........yet ? Very Happy 

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:36 pm

Worst case scenario: I see a Silmarillion trailer from the director who brought you the grand epic of The Hobbit. Mad 

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:07 pm

Recoveryanonymous wrote:Worst case scenario: I see a Silmarillion trailer from the director who brought you the grand epic of The Hobbit. Mad 
Worst Case Scenarios - Page 3 Foranbarna2_zpsafcf2e94

You win! That is the worst scenario!

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:46 pm

Recoveryanonymous wrote:Worst case scenario: I see a Silmarillion trailer from the director who brought you the grand epic of The Hobbit. Mad 
Are theater going to be like the airlines and include vomit bags I hope Twisted Evil 
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:47 pm

And emergency exits here....here....& here !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:48 pm

I think this opinion piece of Yahoo is relevant, and also an example of why fans (and the media, though there's probably not much of a difference in this case) should be kept as far away from film production as possible.

Five characters from The Lord of the Rings that should return for The Hobbit trilogy - Yahoo! Movies UK

The last suggestion is the only that might be okay, but even then there's that stupid obsession with fanservice over storytelling.

I don't know why but I have this image in my head right at the end of 'There and Back Again' of an aging Martin Freeman as Bilbo Baggins overlooking Frodo playing with some other Hobbit children, who are of course Merry, Pippin and Sam. I envisage some sort of knowing voice over depicting how little the young Hobbit knew about how important he would be. I think this would be a suitable ending.
FFS
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:50 pm

Worst Case Scenarios - Page 3 DhMeAzK

In that movie do you think they'd start with a flash-forward of Bilbo and Frodo just so the audience knows that it's a Middle-earth film? Laughing

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Eldorion wrote:I think this opinion piece of Yahoo is relevant, and also an example of why fans (and the media, though there's probably not much of a difference in this case) should be kept as far away from film production as possible.

Five characters from The Lord of the Rings that should return for The Hobbit trilogy - Yahoo! Movies UK

The last suggestion is the only that might be okay, but even then there's that stupid obsession with fanservice over storytelling.

I don't know why but I have this image in my head right at the end of 'There and Back Again' of an aging Martin Freeman as Bilbo Baggins overlooking Frodo playing with some other Hobbit children, who are of course Merry, Pippin and Sam. I envisage some sort of knowing voice over depicting how little the young Hobbit knew about how important he would be. I think this would be a suitable ending.
FFS
Whom ever wrote that is an idiot Twisted Evil  to put it bluntly. Aragorn does nothing for the actual story, Gimli same thing, Denethor, really when is the company going to Minas Tirith, What a joke, Arwen is just another bad joke and I don't remember Galadriel being her Grandmother,merry, pippin and Sam don't have anything to do with the story anyways... Frodo was a stretch as it was. Some fans are just ridiculous about wanting favorite characters back when they were never in the damn story affraid
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next