David H
Ally
halfwise
Lancebloke
CC12 35
19 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [3] - Page 38 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [3]

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:54 pm

where did these two inches come from?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [3] - Page 38 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [3]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:55 pm

Have been drinking ent draught?

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:56 pm

where did these two inches come from?- Mrs Figg

There isnt a man alive who wouldnt love to be able to ask that question! Very Happy 

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:01 pm

Laughing
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:02 pm

cyclops 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:41 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:where did these two inches come from?
Did you have your hair poofed up with hairspray like in that one picture you posted? Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:38 pm

it was hat hair, ie flat
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:16 am

Shocked  no Bree, does that mean my ladies are refugees?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:23 am

'Fraid so, in the internet wilderness, without a hole to call their own. A sad state of affairs for a lady to find herself in Sad 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:29 pm

running round like a headless chicken makes me crabbit. Mad 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:32 pm

how come wasps are genius at flying into a room but are really stupid when you want them to fly right back out?
wasps need to get their act together!
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:18 pm

I have a neat trick for fruit flies involving jars of cider vinegar and funnels, but wasps need a flame-thrower.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:29 pm

We used to have a wasp nest under our bay window facing out towards the back yard. As someone who has always been afraid of bugs, but especially as a little kid, I spent a lot of time indoors that summer wishing I had one of these.

Things that are making you crabbit! [3] - Page 38 Flamethrower
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:10 pm

Vacuum cleaners are almost as satisfying and less hard on the furniture.
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:13 pm

Don't they buzz around inside the vacuum cleaner and drive you batty?

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:28 pm

Not usually, but if it's a problem you can vacuum up a little tequila to quiet them down.drunken 
(Just don't be in a hurry to empty the bag...affraid )
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:56 pm

labels on clothes make me crabbit, why do they put them on the most sensitive areas of skin like the back of your neck or the small of your back? they scratch, they itch, they are a pain in the neck. Mad 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:21 pm

I don't mind the labels if they make them soft, but if it starts to irritate me I have a jack knife in my pocket that will make quick work of it.

On a similar note, I refuse to wear any shirt with an embroidered logo anywhere near my left nipple. Those little nubbins that always poke in are just evil! Evil or Very Mad 
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:24 pm

why the left one?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:38 pm

because that's where they always seem to want to embroider a a nasty little logo, probably because it's over the heart. I don't think I've ever seen one embroidered on the right.
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:46 pm

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/chocolate-meltdown-the-world-will-run-out-of-cocoa-by-2020/1179482/

Reading that actually made me feel really bad - no more chocolate? pale A sad, sad place the world will become Sad

Chocolate Meltdown: The world will run out of cocoa by 2020

The world will run out of cocoa - the basic ingredient of chocolate - within the next seven years due to pressures of rising global demand, experts have warned.

Industry experts who met at the British Library in London last week have even predicted the exact date of the impending meltdown - October 2, 2020.

"There will be a chocolate shortage and there isn't a solution to the problem. Seven years is what we think we have left," chocolate taster and expert Angus Kennedy said.

Confectionery giants noted that there are just not enough cocoa plantations across the globe to cater to the soaring chocolate demand, the 'Daily Star' reported.

They warned that world would need the equivalent of another planet Earth to fill the gap needed to keep the chocolate industry going.

"We need another Earth basically if we carry on at this rate. We are destroying the whole thing. The problem we've got is that much of the space that was used for cocoa plantations is no longer there," Kennedy said.

Chocolate prices may increase over the next few years as cocoa becomes harder to get hold of.

With the result, many big chocolate brands will fill small sized bars with more nuts and fruit as they are cheaper to produce.

"If you plant a cocoa plant you get cocoa beans in four years, which means the farmers are waiting four years for a profit so obviously they think 'What is the point?'" said Kennedy.

There is very little growth projected for cocoa consumption in Europe and America but in Asia it is set to go sky high, said Kennedy.

Things that are making you crabbit! [3] - Page 38 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:38 pm

My understanding is that it's not so much that we will run out of chocolate, but the price will go up because current chocolate prices do not make it cost-effective for farmers in chocolate-producing regions to grow cocoa instead of other crops. So it's more basic economics than pending environmental catastrophe.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:52 am

Phooey. As if all the choclateers and gourmets let that happen Or the Easter Bunny. That is to scare us so when they add thirty per cent  we will be grateful, not shocked. It is a tremendous money maker , and the selfish who have caused this because they are ripping off the farmers will give a little more, and a lot of guilt and pride in their forked tongued words, and once more we will have enough , just like the tea that wouldn't be around, and the coffee.  Phooey, and a good shaking up and tarring and feathering the guilty. I think I will go and have three chocolate bars and a cup of cocoa.
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:06 am

affraid NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:52 pm

Bree is making me crabbit. 'someone' is getting on my tits. Mad I am trying to be diplomatic but my patience is running thin..
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next