David H
Ally
halfwise
Lancebloke
CC12 35
19 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [3] - Page 28 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [3]

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:43 pm

so how do you get man-flu in July? scratch do you get the Tube home? I suggest wearing a mask, theres all sorts of weird shit on the Tube.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [3] - Page 28 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [3]

Post by Lancebloke Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:44 pm

Yes, tube and train. And 8 hours in an air conditioned office.

I quite often get a summer man-flu.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:56 pm

its the airconditioning, I hate it, its chilly in the office then you go out into a hot humid day, its a classic for getting sniffles. I always try to turn it down as much as possible and make sure its not blowing directly on my neck if its one of those things on the wall.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:00 pm

I actually wonder if I am getting hay fever quite badly this year. Symptoms seem to be more in line with that.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:26 pm

We never get summer or late spring anything , but this year it was not only bad it was frightful. It is more like the hayfever thing also. But I wonder if it is also the sprays they use. Hasia was running on the not too long ago sprayed grass at summer school and just like that she was in a fever and swelling eyes and coughing and congestion in hours. Oh well, you just do your best.
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:38 pm

33c and on a tube train.

Extremely Crabbit 

That isnt anger!!!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:47 pm

How can the normal train be hotter than the tube!!!!!!!

Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:55 pm

No water. The 65 year old well pump that brings water to my house expired last night. Sad 

I'll be carrying water from the neighbors in bottles, jugs and buckets until I can get this sorted out.

Has anybody seen "Jean de Florette".....? Suspect 
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:06 pm

Water is not normally a problem. It spends most of the year falling from the sky here. We Brits aren't used to heatwaves... it is nice on holiday when you dont have to do anything and have the sea or a pool to cool down in. Not nice when you have to lead a more constructive (alledgedly) life.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:29 pm

David H wrote:No water.  The 65 year old well pump that brings water to my house expired last night. Sad 

I'll be carrying water from the neighbors in bottles, jugs and buckets until I can get this sorted out.

at least the water doesn't freeze in winter and pipes gets broken and shit doesn't work for three-five months. and u got 20+ cows that need liquid to produce milk.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:00 pm

Lance, we're 13C and drizzling with mud puddles right now, so dampness isn't a problem. It's the little niceties like flushing the toilet that I miss!  Fortunately the woods are close....Embarassed 

Norc, we often have a pipe or two freeze during the winter, but nothing like you folks!Shocked  Poor cows! Sad
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:23 pm

oh poor you, pooing outdoors is such a pain, specially if you overbalance, or plop on your shoe, it aint exactly directional is it?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:26 pm

yupp, poor cows.. they somehow did it Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:23 am

You're supposed to wear shoes???
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:31 am

apparently some aforementioned homeless drug lord from starbucks rly wants to date me so now i'm scared and what do we do about church worshiop practice help

Gypsy gal, the hands of Harlem

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:14 am

David H wrote:No water.  The 65 year old well pump that brings water to my house expired last night. Sad 

Maybe you could do a variation on aquaponics, Dave. Poo and piddle in a pond, pump it through you cranberries, and then out the faucet it comes for drinking water. Perfectly Green solution. Very Happy

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:56 pm

Speaking of which, how is your aquaponic setup doing? I haven't heard any reports for a while.

I've got my pump apart and it's not completely dead yet. I'm hoping to rebuild it but can't find anybody who still sells parts for these old things. It'd be a criminal shame to buy a new one if I can figure out any way to get this one going again with baling wire and duct tape and bits from the junk pile....
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:01 pm

26 degrees inside, 40 degrees outside. Shocked 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:12 pm

40??Shocked  You'll melt!

14 inside, 12 outside with drizzle here. No complaints.
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:33 pm

Storms here tried to cool everything down but I think just turned the humidity up a notch!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:21 am

When this is what you hear in your head, it's time to leave the nachspiel (the fjordians will understand).

Things that are making you crabbit! [3] - Page 28 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:24 am

Jeg tenker da spesifikt på linjen "Så hvorfor står jeg her og skåler med folk jeg heller vil fornærme og slå". Makan til ubrukelige folk

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:20 am

I put that into google translate Ringdrotten and got this-

'I am thinking specifically of the line "So why do I stand here and saucers with people I'd rather offend and turn". Makan to useless people'

Not sure what saucers have to do with it! Or what a makan is.
Stuck with a bunch of twats are you Ringdrotten?

And when I put nachspeil into a google search I got- 'A word describing a gathering after a party or sosial event. Usually taking place after the bars have closed and stopped serving drinks.'

Sounds like what we call a lock in! With idiots I presume because otherwise there is nothing about being locked in somewhere with a lot of buckie to possibly make someone crabbit.

(Intrestingly if I put nachspeil into google translate however it says it means sequel. scratch )

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:23 am

I don't know about nachspeil but I wonder....

I got into Trondheim on the eve of Påske. There were no rooms to be had, so I went from pub to pub to stay warm.

Closing time seemed to be an event in itself. Thousands of people were pouring  into the street, shouting, throwing things, cars honking, general pandemonium for half an hour. And then just as suddenly everybody vanished,  leaving me alone in the city to sleep in the park by the Cathedral in the snow.

About 3 AM my feet got too cold and I moved in to sit in the lobby of a Hotel till dawn.

Does that happen every night, or was it special to Easter?
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:38 am

This was posted in a moment of drunken crabbit, I think - the correct translation would be something like this:
"So why do I stand here and make toasts with people I'd rather offend and punch. Useless people". "makan" doesn't really mean anything, it's just something you say when you're out of words, and saucers is a translation of "en skål" (a saucer), not "å skåle", which means to make a toast to something.

That was no Easter special, I'm afraid, David - after the bars close it's total mayhem for about 20-30 minutes like you describe, then everybody goes to this nachspiel thing ("lock in" is it? that's a word I didn't know Very Happy), or home. I can only imagine how you must have felt after everyone had gone Laughing

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next