David H
Ally
halfwise
Lancebloke
CC12 35
19 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [3] - Page 24 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [3]

Post by azriel Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:34 pm

Look at it this way Petty, if it WAS PJ, then youve rattled him havnt you ! :cheers:see it as a feather in your cap ! Very Happy

Things that are making you crabbit! [3] - Page 24 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Things that are making you crabbit! [3] - Page 24 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [3] - Page 24 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [3]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:36 pm

Very Happy

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:52 pm

what do you want me to say to them Petty?  Eldo says that PT has no more dealings with Bree, and there is no reliable way of contacting the new owners as they havent actually replied to any of our requests, I will try though if you let me know what to ask for.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:59 pm

Just let Sin or Stu know I cant log in or change my password- they might be able to do it from their end. Shrugging

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:08 pm

ok will do
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:10 pm

Kissing

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:12 pm

done it, I left a message for Sin and Stu.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:46 pm

Sin says can you make a new account? otherwise he doesnt know. he said he is waiting for a reply from them on FB. scratch dont know if he means his FB page. or you can use mine like I said in the PM.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:57 pm

Maybe- but on the offchance someone is actually behind this, out of spite or whatever, then even doing that feels like giving them a small victory- and I am in no moood to give them any sort of victory.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:05 pm

I wasn't able to log in yesterday either so I made a new account. It took like 45 minutes for the confirmation e-mail to come through though. I hadn't tried to log in for months before then so I don't know what or when happened.

I think that some of the speculation about people trying to destroy the forum is silly, but it's clearly running on a shitty software base and the new site owners seem utterly uninterested in the forum (if they even know it exists).
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:07 pm

The only real supsect is someone who got pissed off on the forum and threatened such actions before leaving. After which all this trouble started.
Itd probably only take a little knowledge to set the spam flowing into the forum.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:09 pm

It's possible that someone launched a spam attack, but I think it's just as likely the spam wave is completely automated.  Whenever a forum's anti-automatic registration measures fail, it opens the door.  Bree's only method of validating if registrants aren't bots is a math equation and clearly that's not stopping them.  There are plenty of fully automated programs out there that exist solely to send massive amounts of spam to more or less random targets.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:13 pm

Quite possible and Eldo and its just coincidental.
But I dont have enough info either way to know if it was delirate or not.
Mainly I just want to be able to sign in there when the fancy takes me and th eliberals need a ticking off. Twisted Evil

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:58 am

So the whole family goes out dinner tonight and when I get back I open up my computer to see two scratches along the screen maybe two centimeters apart from each other and about six centimeters long each. Mad They can be physically felt if I run my finger along the screen, but they do not appear to be affecting the display at all, which is why I'm pretty sure they're scratches and not cracks.  They're visible, though, and the most baffling thing is that they weren't there when I put my computer down at the same desk where it was sitting when I returned.  The only explanation any of us could think of that makes any sense is that maybe the cat jumped up and landed on top of the (closed) laptop and that damaged the screen. Shrugging

I got an insurance policy on the laptop when I bought it a year and a half ago so I'll give the store a call tomorrow and see what my options are.  However, last time I went to them with a busted computer (when the motherboard on my old one just up and died on me one winter) it took three weeks for them to return the fixed computer.  That was probably exacerbated by record snowfalls shutting down much of the area, but still. Evil or Very Mad
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:46 am

that sounds weird.. cats can't open closed computers scratch
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:48 am

He's really fat so if he jumped and landed on it maybe his weight damaged the screen despite it being closed.  I dunno.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:11 am

That unfortunate Eldo. Maybe his weight pushed the screen against the keyboard- these two lines dont correspond to the width of the spacebar or something do they?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:34 am

he probably got pissed off looking at our LOLcat thread, cats get the hump even quicker than Scotshobbits.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:28 pm

Eldorion wrote:He's really fat so if he jumped and landed on it maybe his weight damaged the screen despite it being closed.  I dunno.

picture of the cat, please.

Pettytyrant101 wrote:That unfortunate Eldo. Maybe his weight pushed the screen against the keyboard- these two lines dont correspond to the width of the spacebar or something do they?
picture of the damage, please.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:54 pm

bloody Prudential Banghead  i took out a pension policy with them yonks ago and forgot about it, I lost the policy so i asked them for a copy, in the mean time I have had a change of name and address. Up to now I have given them copies of 6 documents and still they want more. wtf do they want? a DNA sample? Banghead 
I sent them a copy of my passport, my driving licence, my Italian ID card, my bank statement, and my Decree Nisi with a solicitors letter. Now they want a copy of my old wedding certificate which i havent seen since 1982. I HATE THEM!!!!! so I sent them a letter saying they can dream on, I am sure they cant legally force me to send them more stuff, its really intrusive.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:56 pm

legally they can

here 2 helP!

Gypsy gal, the hands of Harlem

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:59 pm

.. sounds like they want all they can to make a figg duplicate.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:12 pm

They are acting on my instruction. I intend to have several miss figg's fully operational in the next few months.

Stop ruining my dreams figgy!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:23 pm

That sent a shudder up & down my spine Mrs Figg ! I got married that year also,(puke,vomit,puke) in the July. Insurance, or anyone dealing with money, always assume your guilty before realising your not ! They seem to think your on a scam of some sort !

Things that are making you crabbit! [3] - Page 24 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Things that are making you crabbit! [3] - Page 24 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:27 pm

my husband does this super cute joke where he leaves me & moves in with my cousin alice for 9 months. i'm all like , quit making me LOL, you silly chicken

Gypsy gal, the hands of Harlem

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next