CC12 35
Pettytyrant101
David H
13 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Doctor Who [5] - Page 35 Empty Re: Doctor Who [5]

Post by Eldorion Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:00 am

Was McCoy's Doctor also covered in bird shit?
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:21 am

Um, strangely enough no, except the first series he did when some might say the performance was a bit shit- as is suspiciously often the case with McCoy to start with his performance relied on him being a bit zany and playing the spoons.
By the second series though he was much better and was just getting into his stride when they pulled it off air.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:25 am

This made me chuckle- its from a thread on Gallifrey Base with the premise of responding to the first ever regeneration from Hartnell to Troughton as if it were a new episode faced with todays internet scrutiny.

OP- I don't get it. Is Patrick Thornton pretending to be Dr. Who?? I haven't seen it for a few weeks now (since the smuggling episode) and last night's episode, whilst a jolly good romp on the moon with robots and such, left me confused a bit. What happened to Dr. Who, where is William Hartwell???

it was something about a renewal, and a Butterfly changing from a Caterpillar. Not really explained very well.
Are we supposed to treat this as the same person, or a different one?
Has he just been de-aged, or is it a complete change?
and either way - just how on Earth is the change even possible?

Lloyd and his script editors must think we will accept any old nonsense. LLOYD MUST GO ! ( If you wouldn't mind awfully old chap ? )

I assumed its an imposter, but if he is when is he going to show his true colours??
Was there an episode where he was given medicine to become younger?
I still don't get it! Nobody around our sofa knows what's going on!!!!

This show has become about some sort of tenth rate tramp and a mentally retarded Scot.
This is not what Doctor Who should be!
Disgusting.

I actually used my dad's cine camera and filmed that final episode of Tenth Planet, you know, the one when the Cybermen died and the Doctor changed. I watched it a few times, but then burnt it; well, why not? I can't see Tenth Planet part four being worth anything in the future, or of interest to anyone

My secret sources tell me that Bill Hartnell is just on holiday, and will be back at the start of the next story. This is how they are covering holidays from now on. Audiences won't accept that a character won't show up for a week or two if the actor is on hols / ill, so Patrick Troughton will be playing whoever is off that week.

OMG, it isn't fair. People don't change like that! They should have used someone who at least looks like Hartnell. The new guy ruins the show.

I heard from a very reliable source that there are plans afoot to introduce unrealistic new monsters like the abominable snowman. Not very science fiction. This show is going downhill. Next we'll see more budget cuts, and the creativity of the entire team stifled. Mark my words, it'll be all re-cycle the cybermen, let's go to a land where we can use other people's literary ideas, and if we get fed up, we can just change the main chap again and ret-con the whole thing. The producers will probably have to come up with a giant reset where we ditch the companions (probably with amnesia - staple ret-con ploy) and recast the lead before anyone gets bored.

This show needs a hiatus to sort itself out. Abominable snowmen? I doubt they have any great intelligence. By the time we're watching this show in colour the best they'll have is 'scary' shop window dummies. I might give up now and listen to the Navy Lark. At least the cast there won't be shoe-horned into Doctor Why anytime soon.

Okay, I'm reaaally confused now.
So the Doctor turned into this tramp bloke after heroically doing bugger all back in in the Antarctic, but I see from my latest Doctor Who Monographs that the Cybermen are coming back in a few weeks - but all I can see are some stupid robots??
The Cybermen were ace: They've had this face redecorated - and I don't like it.
Is this the levels of arrogance from this production team that they think they can alter this classic design and think nobody will notice? This is just too much change. How is the show supposed to function if they keep changing things?

I never thought I'd say this before but I really think this will be the last episode of the show I watch.

I completely agree. The cyber-eyes are the windows to the soul. Well, by messing with this design classic, the windows are now the wrong size and it has totally ruined the whole thing for me.

Troughton = not canon

To be honest, I think he's just too young for the part.

I still don't understand why he's changed appearance? Just some throw-away line about renewal? WTF?

I know I've said this a million times on here, but I'm sick of this treatment by the 'Lloy' - he's always expecting us to fill in the blanks. I shouldn't have to - it's just lazy writing imho.

I think he lacks gravitas.

I'm an American student here for a few weeks. I saw what happened. You know your favorite show just got killed by this turn of events. This just proves Star Trek is a better show and will outlast Dr. Who by many years.

I don't like him. He's too comic. And not very good at the comedy either. If they wanted someone who can do proper comedy, they should have hired Jon Pertwee!

I know this will sound silly, but a mate of mine has been recording the audio of the new episodes on his reel-to-reel. What a stupid waste of time and effort!

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:21 pm

Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:49 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:This made me chuckle- its from a thread on Gallifrey Base with the premise of responding to the first ever regeneration from Hartnell to Troughton as if it were a new episode faced with todays internet scrutiny.

OP- I don't get it. Is Patrick Thornton pretending to be Dr. Who?? I haven't seen it for a few weeks now (since the smuggling episode) and last night's episode, whilst a jolly good romp on the moon with robots and such, left me confused a bit. What happened to Dr. Who, where is William Hartwell???

it was something about a renewal, and a Butterfly changing from a Caterpillar. Not really explained very well.
Are we supposed to treat this as the same person, or a different one?
Has he just been de-aged, or is it a complete change?
and either way - just how on Earth is the change even possible?

Lloyd and his script editors must think we will accept any old nonsense. LLOYD MUST GO ! ( If you wouldn't mind awfully old chap ? )

I assumed its an imposter, but if he is when is he going to show his true colours??
Was there an episode where he was given medicine to become younger?
I still don't get it! Nobody around our sofa knows what's going on!!!!

This show has become about some sort of tenth rate tramp and a mentally retarded Scot.
This is not what Doctor Who should be!
Disgusting.

I actually used my dad's cine camera and filmed that final episode of Tenth Planet, you know, the one when the Cybermen died and the Doctor changed. I watched it a few times, but then burnt it; well, why not? I can't see Tenth Planet part four being worth anything in the future, or of interest to anyone

My secret sources tell me that Bill Hartnell is just on holiday, and will be back at the start of the next story. This is how they are covering holidays from now on. Audiences won't accept that a character won't show up for a week or two if the actor is on hols / ill, so Patrick Troughton will be playing whoever is off that week.

OMG, it isn't fair. People don't change like that! They should have used someone who at least looks like Hartnell. The new guy ruins the show.

I heard from a very reliable source that there are plans afoot to introduce unrealistic new monsters like the abominable snowman. Not very science fiction. This show is going downhill. Next we'll see more budget cuts, and the creativity of the entire team stifled. Mark my words, it'll be all re-cycle the cybermen, let's go to a land where we can use other people's literary ideas, and if we get fed up, we can just change the main chap again and ret-con the whole thing. The producers will probably have to come up with a giant reset where we ditch the companions (probably with amnesia - staple ret-con ploy) and recast the lead before anyone gets bored.

This show needs a hiatus to sort itself out. Abominable snowmen? I doubt they have any great intelligence. By the time we're watching this show in colour the best they'll have is 'scary' shop window dummies. I might give up now and listen to the Navy Lark. At least the cast there won't be shoe-horned into Doctor Why anytime soon.

Okay, I'm reaaally confused now.
So the Doctor turned into this tramp bloke after heroically doing bugger all back in in the Antarctic, but I see from my latest Doctor Who Monographs that the Cybermen are coming back in a few weeks - but all I can see are some stupid robots??
The Cybermen were ace: They've had this face redecorated - and I don't like it.
Is this the levels of arrogance from this production team that they think they can alter this classic design and think nobody will notice? This is just too much change. How is the show supposed to function if they keep changing things?

I never thought I'd say this before but I really think this will be the last episode of the show I watch.

I completely agree. The cyber-eyes are the windows to the soul. Well, by messing with this design classic, the windows are now the wrong size and it has totally ruined the whole thing for me.

Troughton = not canon

To be honest, I think he's just too young for the part.

I still don't understand why he's changed appearance? Just some throw-away line about renewal? WTF?

I know I've said this a million times on here, but I'm sick of this treatment by the 'Lloy' - he's always expecting us to fill in the blanks. I shouldn't have to - it's just lazy writing imho.

I think he lacks gravitas.

I'm an American student here for a few weeks. I saw what happened. You know your favorite show just got killed by this turn of events. This just proves Star Trek is a better show and will outlast Dr. Who by many years.

I don't like him. He's too comic. And not very good at the comedy either. If they wanted someone who can do proper comedy, they should have hired Jon Pertwee!

I know this will sound silly, but a mate of mine has been recording the audio of the new episodes on his reel-to-reel. What a stupid waste of time and effort!

arent you supposed to be organizing something?? stop this shillyshallying at once. Handbag
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:26 pm

Mrs Figg laying down the law of the house. Nod
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:59 pm

he's got to stop smoking too. Suspect
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:34 pm

Mrs Figg you shock and sadden me with the assumption I would be so callous as to subject your lovely big lungs to my second hand smoke.
 I wouldn't ever do that, you can stand outside the barrel when Im smoking. Nod

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:10 pm

Extremely Crabbit
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:33 am

What? Im compromising here! And Ill rig you up a midgie net for while your out there, well I say net I actually mean Ill give you a baseball cap and you can pull a pair of old tights over your head, but its almost as good.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:17 am

Doctor Who [5] - Page 35 Photo

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:46 pm

Exactly

Right- who has watched the River yet?!

{{{At this bloody rate David will see it first and his mem stick will have circumnavigated the globe twice by then Evil or Very Mad }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:22 pm

{{so that must mean the stick didn't get consumed in the hard drive explosion!cheers }}
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:27 pm

Yes by a stroke of good fortune I had already put TH and Who onto the stick before the disaster- saving them for me too! cheers

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:44 pm

Glad I could help!Very Happy  I hope you didn't lose too much other stuff.

Have you mailed it yet? I'm curious if it's going to take a month to get here like last time. You'd think a country that can hack and monitor the whole world's internet could figure out a better mail service.Mad
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:47 am

Yeah seems to take rather a long time. I could probably cross the ocean in my barrel in about the same time and give you the bloody thing by hand. Evil or Very Mad

It will be in the post however by weeks end.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:11 am

mailed what?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:42 am

And the new Dr is.....

Doctor Who [5] - Page 35 Companion

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:43 pm

Me. Petty is my assistant. :carrot:
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:59 pm

Suspect I think you may have got that round the wrong way.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:09 pm

Right Ive put the River vid (well pt 1 of 2) onto Daily motion- took 4 hours to upload and encode, lets see how many hours it takes for it to get pulled! (f it doesnt Ill put up pt 2 over night)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:35 pm

Anyone watching? I cant make it any bloody easier for you. Evil or Very Mad(And it will probably get pulled sooner rather than later)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:58 pm

Im watching !!

Doctor Who [5] - Page 35 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Doctor Who [5] - Page 35 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:30 pm

I tried to watch it but it buffered like mad so it was hard to get the flow. But what i did see was pretty professional editing. I liked the way you were setting up the beginning of the story. leaving aside my own dislike of the plot device, I think the actual work you did on the editing was great.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:34 pm

Thumbs Up Azriel. 

Although the sound goes out of synch- not sure how bad it gets but its worse after uploading than before! I am redoing it now to try to solve the problem- so depending how annoying you find it you might want to hold out for the redone version (although no guarantess uploading and converting it wont cause the same problem again).
I recomend downloading it from dailymotion using an embedded vid grabber (you can get one as a plug in for firefox, dont know about other browsers) and watch it in vlc where you can sort the synch out easily as you watch.

Thanks Mrs Figg Kissing- if you pause it and leave it in the background and go make a cup of tea or give your pussy a good stroke for half an hour and come back it shoud have buffered enough to be worth the watch.

Last edited by Pettytyrant101 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next