halfwise
Elthir
chris63
azriel
Mrs Figg
24 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

More Hobbit pictures [3] SPOILER THREAD - Page 30 Empty Re: More Hobbit pictures [3] SPOILER THREAD

Post by RA Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:41 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:In Disc 1 there is only 1 'filmmakers commentary'- so no writers commentary this time Boyens? (Not to mention no sfx commentary, actors commentary, cant remember how many LotR's had but it was several)- and what sounds like a long advert by the NZ tourist board.
I can't remember if the emphasis on NZ itself was as prominent as last time, but this time around it doesn't really feel like Middle Earth so much. The wide action shots don't really show the same progression as they did last time, but rather feel like they're there to tell everyone how nice everything looks.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

More Hobbit pictures [3] SPOILER THREAD - Page 30 Empty Re: More Hobbit pictures [3] SPOILER THREAD

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:46 am

Also notably absent in comparison to the LOtR's is a documentary on Tolkien, or on the writing of TH.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:49 am

The documentaries on Tolkien were part of The Appendices for LOTR, so in the absence of a break-down of the composition of Appendices 7 and 8 with AUJ we can't say if they include Tolkien docs or not.

(I hope they do since the Tolkien documentaries included with the LOTR EEs were of very high quality and featured mostly knowledgeable Tolkien experts with only occasional appearances from Jackson and Boyens. Razz)

Last edited by Eldorion on Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:49 am

bungobaggins wrote:
Recoveryanonymous wrote:
bungobaggins wrote:I remember seeing Phantom Menace in theaters summer of 1999. I liked the movie, I even thought Jar Jar was funny. I was also ten years old.
"It was the most disappointing thing since my son"
-Words of Wisdom
If I remember correctly, that son hanged himself in a gas station bathroom. cyclops 
The Hobbit trilogy though will be around, forever. It will never go away.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:50 am

Recoveryanonymous wrote:The Hobbit trilogy though will be around, forever. It will never go away.
Just think.  There are some poor children, alive today, who will be introduced to Middle-earth for the first time by An Unexpected Journey.  Not the books, not even the LOTR movie trilogy, but AUJ.  They'll watch it not knowing what the Ring is, or what Hobbits are, or why the names "Gandalf" and "Bilbo" are important.  {{{And we'll be lucky if any of them stick around after that. Razz}}}

Last edited by Eldorion on Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:52 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Also notably absent in comparison to the LOtR's is a documentary on Tolkien, or on the writing of TH.
Also the Hobbit is missing too. I'm not really sure what we got instead. I don't like it though.

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:57 am

Eldorion wrote:Just think. There are some poor children, alive today, who will be introduced to Middle-earth for the first time by An Unexpected Journey. Not the books, not even the LOTR movie trilogy, but AUJ.
That's the greatest crime of all sadly No 

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:12 am

The documentaries on Tolkien were part of The Appendices for LOTR- Eldo

The list here of appendix material is about the characters and the filmmakers. Surely they would have mentioned Tolkien or the book if there was also a docu about them on it? My guess is the film bears so little resemblance to the source that there was no point in doing it this time out.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:22 pm

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2013/10/04/80027-finally-see-the-human-face-of-beorn/

The first full face shot of Beorn. I must say... I hate it!

Beorn should be a big burly mountain man not some X-men Wolverine / Bear Hybrid. But that's just my opinion I guess. You can see they altered the bridge of his nose to resemble that of a bears snout. No wonder Azog hunted his kind to extinction (LOL) even though we know Beorn was the first of his kind, not the last...

Ahhhh gotta love the rewrites... right? F You Nope I don't think so Evil or Very Mad
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:06 pm

I dont know what to say! Well ok I do, that is fucking awful that's whats to say. No wonder they kept it under wraps all this time they just recyled the Wolfman from the classic Universal horror pictures. Evil or Very Mad 
He should look like a big burly man, but a man, when not in bear form- I dont know what thats supposed to look like, oh no hold on, I know what it reminds me of, a toilet brush.

More Hobbit pictures [3] SPOILER THREAD - Page 30 1382301_10201199924132531_1098301490_n_zpsa16c806c

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:33 pm

Eldorion wrote:The documentaries on Tolkien were part of The Appendices for LOTR, so in the absence of a break-down of the composition of Appendices 7 and 8 with AUJ we can't say if they include Tolkien docs or not.

(I hope they do since the Tolkien documentaries included with the LOTR EEs were of very high quality and featured mostly knowledgeable Tolkien experts with only occasional appearances from Jackson and Boyens. Razz)
The EE of LoTR only came out after all three movies had first been issued individually. I think the same will happen with the Hobbit - they will have time to work on extra stuff after all 3 films are in the bag. But so much good stuff was in LoTR appendices about Tolkien I suspect they will recycle some of it but add new stuff focussed on the Hobbit.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:36 pm

Horrid. *shudder*. Can you imagine that...thing...poking Bilbo in the tummy and saying "Little bunny is getting fat"?

Pettytyrant101 wrote: I dont know what to say! Well ok I do, that is fucking awful that's whats to say. No wonder they kept it under wraps all this time they just recyled the Wolfman from the classic Universal horror pictures. Evil or Very Mad 
He should look like a big burly man, but a man, when not in bear form- I dont know what thats supposed to look like, oh no hold on, I know what it reminds me of, a toilet brush.

More Hobbit pictures [3] SPOILER THREAD - Page 30 1382301_10201199924132531_1098301490_n_zpsa16c806c

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:39 pm

that is so SHIT I cant believe it!!!! Extremely Crabbit Extremely Crabbit Extremely Crabbit 

If Khan and Wolverine had a love child, he would look like beorn.

More Hobbit pictures [3] SPOILER THREAD - Page 30 Imagevfghjs_zpscef70df6
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:56 pm

It's gotten so that even trying to imagine the very worst so that you can be pleasantly surprised by the movie doesn't work. Our imagination isn't up to the task.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:06 pm

KHAAAAAAAAAAN!

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:16 pm

no.. no.. nope.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:19 pm

So glad I got up this morning to see Beorn... NOTE SARCASM!!! Extremely Crabbit Extremely Crabbit  Extremely Crabbit  Extremely Crabbit  Horrible horrible design like I said in the post before Petty actually posted the picture It looks like Wolverine meets some sort of Bear/man hybrid. I still think the part that i'm more upset about is the change in his story and making him the last of his kind instead of the first which seems so cliche to me. Instead of making Beorn some sort of hermit who is slightly anti-social but after he knows you is friendly, into some freak who hates everyone because his people (which didn't exist before him in Tolkien's world) were hunted to extinction by a character that should have been dead LONG ago. WTF!!!! scratch No No No 

As I said somewhere else it's like Jackson glanced over the synopsis of the book very briefly and said, "OK, Now i know the story,I can do this from memory. Let's film!" :facepalm: And just made up most of it as he went along because he doesn't know the story.  ohhh god,  please let the Hobbit be remade ASAP. Nod

Last edited by Sinister71 on Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:20 pm

omg. i thought it was a joke at first.. now all i think is

WHO THE FUCK SAID "OH YEAH, THAT LOOKS GOOD, LET'S GO WITH THAT" WHO THE FUCK SAID THAT! WHAT THE FLYING CHRIST! JEESUS! HE LOOKS LIKE THAT MONKEY KING FROM THAT KUNG FU MOVIE, WHAT THE HELL!! IT IS SHIT! WHAT EVEN ARE THOSE SIDEBURNS! WHAT IN THE DARKEST HELL WHERE THEY THINKING! I BET THEY USE THEIR ARSES! FUCK IT!!! FUCK IT LONG AND HARD WITH A BLOODY CACTUS!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:24 pm

I THOUGHT IT WAS A FUCKING JOKE! I THINK THAT SAYS IT ALL!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:26 pm

Sinisster wrote:I still think the part that i'm more upset about is the change in his story and making him the last of his kind instead of the first which seems so cliche to me. Instead of making Beorn some sort of hermit who is slightly anti-social but after he knows you is friendly, into some freak who hates everyone because his people (which didn't exist before him in Tolkien's world) were hunted to extinction by a character that should have been dead LONG ago. WTF!!!!
now.. u gotta be joking?! what the hell was wrong with the original character??????? omg. this is a load of cock-up nonense. fuck this shit. this is the worst fucking mistake they've done .. it is by far the WORST!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:56 pm

nope not joking the character description of Beorn says he is the last of his kind and that the rest of his species have been exterminated to extinction by Azog. He hates dwarfs and only agrees to help them when he learns they are being chased by Azog.

So basically Jackson took the Beornings from LOTR and changed the time in which they were, to BEFORE the Hobbit time line. Only to have all of them eliminated by Azog to make up some conflict for Beorn to help the dwarfs. Instead of actually making Beorn a good character Jackson had to make him more complex. Oh how the success of LOTR has changed him. Because LOTR was at least made with some respect to the source the Hobbit IMO is a mockery of the source material

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:20 pm

:facepalm:  its so bad its almost funny
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:44 pm

So I went over to TORN and they of course posted it with an attempt to be impartial ("Tell us what you think in the comments") but it was clear they were glowing with pride. In the 20 comments I read, all but 4 were approving, and of those only 2 were clearly upset, the other two were 'meh'. At least half the comments were truly enthralled with the Beorn image.

Unbelievable what sheep that site has cultivated.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:09 pm

They just don't know how to make beards anymore at Weta!!!!

More Hobbit pictures [3] SPOILER THREAD - Page 30 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:16 pm

The one good thing I did see over at TORN is the repeating comment "They all have too much product in their hair." Or "LoTR looks like a bunch of people camping, TH looks like people coming out of a hair salon."

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next