Norc
RA
Eldorion
Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
23 posters

Page 23 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next

Go down

Countdown to Release [2] SPOILER THREAD - Page 23 Empty Re: Countdown to Release [2] SPOILER THREAD

Post by Orwell Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:30 pm

Elthir wrote:Just watched one of the linked videos... Radagast doesn't just have droppings on him, he has an actual bird's nest under his hat.

Erm, among other stuff... but this is news to me.

Borrowed from Merlin in the original "The Sword in the Stone", I believe. (T.H. White). In the book, that is, as well as the movie (I think???) and not (maybe?) in the revised version for "The Once and Future King" where White Lotrized the original "The Sword in the Stone," by getting rid of Mad Madame Mim, I seem to recall - and at the book's cost. Sad (The Disney move was quite good too, methinks, as it preserved much of the un-LotRized "Sword in the Stone.")

Anyway, in principle I don't mind the idea, actually. Will be more "Hobbit-like" than "LotR-like." Wouldn't it?

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Countdown to Release [2] SPOILER THREAD - Page 23 Empty Re: Countdown to Release [2] SPOILER THREAD

Post by Orwell Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:57 pm

Just looked at this "'The Hobbit' Fan Trailer: Watch 8-Minute Compilation Teaser From Previously Released Footage (VIDEO)"

I actually liked it! Very Happy

(Radagast especially interests me. Yep, it's made up, but in a seeming T.H. Whitish way. It also (kind of, loosely speaking) captures something of my thoughts of Beorn's Intelligent Animals for some reason. Artistic licence well placed, methinks. Could PJ actually have added something special like the makers of the Wizard of Oz added special new things not in that book? I'm hopin' I is! Very Happy )

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:25 pm

To Edmund Earl of Gloster: seek him out
Upon the British party untimely death

Gypsy gal, the hands of Harlem

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:53 am

Orwell wrote:Could PJ actually have added something special like the makers of the Wizard of Oz added special new things not in that book? I'm hopin' I is! Very Happy )

You just HAD to go there, didn't you! Mad
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:58 am

I did! Laughing But the point is still well made! Nod

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:31 am

Orwell wrote: Borrowed from Merlin in the original "The Sword in the Stone", I believe. (T.H. White). In the book, that is, as well as the movie (I think???) and not (maybe?) in the revised version for "The Once and Future King"...

White's Merlyn kept pyjamas for wiping the droppings off his head, as, when taking off his hat, his owl might alight upon his skull-cap and possibly drop droppings. The skull-cap was a good place to keep dead mice and worms. I don't recall an actual nest under the wizard's hat, although I haven't read the whole tale in a while -- and earlier (before the hat came off) the Wart thinks some large bird seems to have been nesting in Merlyn's hair, due to its look.

This is according to The Once And Future King. My The Witch In The Wood is handy, but not my The Sword In The Stone.

And I take it Petty has noted this detail about Radagast before. Maybe I was study something else at the time?

But that's no excuse, I admit.
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:42 am

Reports of a permantently shit stained Radagast with a nest of birds living under his hat did admittedly catch the attention of my crabbit meter Elthir, by dint of causing an explosion.
If you are going to miss this sort of thing then I advise puchasing a carabbit meter, available in all good Scotshobbit stores and marketplaces.
Goodness knows if you know about the zombie orcs.

Call me old fashioned but I would rather have liked to see a Radagast based on the brief scene recounted by Gandalf at the Council, and on Gandalfs own report of him at the Council as well in TH, and Beorns opinion of him. Instead we seem to have got a version based on Saruman's opinion of Radagast at the time of the War of the Ring.

Last edited by Pettytyrant101 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:24 am; edited 1 time in total

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:47 am

Zombie orcs?

I had no idea Zorcs existed.

Where have I been. I knew about Norcs however (or at least one).
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:24 am

Hey there is spam in my last post Eldo! The word opinion is linkable to some advetsiing guff or something. Are we under attack or am I?! Shocked

ps just tried deleting and retyping it- same result.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:55 am

I don't see any links and I tried clicking on the post to see the BB code and I still didn't see anything. I tried again in Internet Explorer and still came up empty. Are you sure it's not just your browser?
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:00 am

Mmmm. I also now have it on the main page in the words 'news' in the hobbit section and 'relating' in arts and entertainment.

My ad block, virus catchers and bot spotters (thats doesnt sound right Suspect ) are usually pretty good, but you never know so I will run a scan at my end and reinstall firefox just to be on the safe side.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:13 am

Sorry, I don't see anything. Shrugging Has this come up on any other sites you visit? And does it still happen if you use another browser?
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:21 am

Nothing on chrome so looks like I will need to reinstall firefox and do a clean sweep just to be sure.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:28 am

Good luck!
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by MeikoElektra Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:36 am

Got some really bad news today Sad and on top of that (unrelated - well not directly related) we might be homeless for Christmas. And even if we're not I probably won't have enough money to see The Hobbit. Crying or Very sad

Someone cheer me up with lots of spoiler clips please?

Twisted Evil
MeikoElektra
MeikoElektra
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:28 am

I hate it when life does this sort of crap thing. Sorry to hear of your circumstances Meiko.
I'm only just hanging on in there by the skin of my teeth myself if its any consolation.
Hope it all works out and someone puts a decent torrent of TH up for you!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:11 pm

MeikoElektra wrote:Got some really bad news today Sad and on top of that (unrelated - well not directly related) we might be homeless for Christmas. And even if we're not I probably won't have enough money to see The Hobbit. Crying or Very sad

Someone cheer me up with lots of spoiler clips please?

get yourself a boyfriend and he can buy you the tickets Very Happy so sorry to hear how it is, I know how it is to have little and want lots, not that I was ever in any danger of being homeless, but yeah... that sounds like I am really spoiled, i am not, but not to go into further details, both my parents are artists, so yeah... maybe you get the point.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:34 pm

Sorry to hear that Meiko. Best wishes, I'm sure friends and family will help you through the rough spots!

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:45 pm

so sorry to hear that Meiko. It sucks when you dont feel you have a secure home. and all the bad things seem to happen all at once, well they do for me anyway. I really hope you can resolve your housing problem soon. good luck with everything.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:50 pm

Move to Scosdale Meiko- houses are reasonable here still and you can become part of an exciting new country (if the vote goes for Independence).
But go west coast- you dont want to be on the east coast after independence when Glasgow declares war on Edinburgh!
(And dont go for the cities- youll get a nicer house if you go for a more rural town if its a council house).

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:53 pm

I'm sorry as well. That sucks on so many levels. Good luck getting things sorted out. The movie will keep until you're ready. Hopefully you'll be in a much better place next year to enjoy "Smaug" when it comes out.
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by MeikoElektra Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:36 pm

Thanks guys! I'm hoping so too - I will be able to see AUJ on DVD when it comes out too, or just wait for Petty's edits Very Happy

Haha Norc, sadly my boyfriend makes things more difficult as we're looking for a family home and can't get one (he has a young daughter). Expensive things boyfriends, I wouldn't recommend getting one on a tight budget Mad unless he's a billionaire (and then you have other problems when he's a superhero and you keep getting kidnapped by the baddies - otherwise he's just like Hugh Hefner).

I keep reading reviews and mentally putting angry emoticons where Petty would go ballistic at something. Forumshire is taking over my brain!!

Twisted Evil
MeikoElektra
MeikoElektra
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:55 pm

We're here for you Meiko!

Yup, I keep thinking how nice it would be to have another half, then I realize if I had said other half I'd want to keep going out and doing things with her; and even if we split the bill I'd still be spending a lot more money than I do now.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:34 pm

Mystery from Boyens-

'According to Boyens, "There was a story that both Fran and I loved in The Lord of the Rings that didn't make it into the film," and when it came time to writer The Hobbit the screenwriters realized they could take that story and reshape it as Tauriel's. When I asked her which story she wasn't sharing any further details, but allowed that fans of the original books will recognize the story-- and promised me "Wait until you see Evangeline Lilly. She is an elf."

so what story in LotR's have they nicked and forced Tauriel into? I cant think what they might be refering to. scratch

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:36 pm

Glorfindel? (my best guess)

Amroth and Nimrodel? (probably not)

I'm just throwing out ideas here. I don't have any real clue.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next