Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
Norc
15 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Doctor Who [3] - Page 31 Empty Re: Doctor Who [3]

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:47 am

Nobody could make more of an arse of it than David Yates. Thats the worst possible scenario.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:53 am

Well ok yes- there is that Mrs Figg. Quite true- doesnt make PJ a good choice however.

Ally there are some similaraties- they both write and direct, they both rip off others work as the basis of their own stuff- but main difference is Shakespeare loved language and created whole new memorable phrases and words whereas PJ is a butcher of language and would take it all out if he could get away with just a big cgi monster chasing someone for 3 hours.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:56 am

Have you even seen Jackson's King Kong, Petty? Rolling Eyes

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:00 pm

See, thats my point! (probably)
And there was some talking in Kong- mainly during that intermiably dull opening will she go/wouldnty she section that is probably the most pointless bit of film ever shot. Just get her on the f**king boat already PJ!!!!

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:03 pm

PJ is just a director like any other director, they all have faults, but PJ is better than most, I would love to see his take on Who, it would be amazing, especially if they had Weta to do the special effects. Very Happy My ideal would be RTD to do the writing and PJ to do the directing.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:00 pm

Well my preference of course would be Moff not RTD but apart from that I agree.- Just dont let him anywhere near writing or desiging anything- and just an ep- at a push a two parter- but not a film- thats to big a risk to hand to someone like PJ.

If Who is to be presented to the world on the big screen it should be by people who have been invested and putting the hard work into it over the years and know it inside out.

Nick Hurran would be my choice- I like his Who work- he directed the Girl Who Waited, Asylum of the Daleks and The Angels Take Manhattan among others.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:37 pm

what about Neil Gaiman? and Cuaron or GDT to direct.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:54 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:PJ is just a director like any other director, they all have faults, but PJ is better than most, I would love to see his take on Who, it would be amazing, especially if they had Weta to do the special effects. Very Happy My ideal would be RTD to do the writing and PJ to do the directing.

Actually, I agree. He'd go more for action and effects and not be too high-brow intellectual-gay-clever. And storylines you could follow. And gadgets. I reckon he'd bring back gadgets. cheers

Umm... I don't know who RTD is. Does he write Flash Gordon type material? And K-9. Bring back K - 9. Maybe a mechanical cat called Six-Puss... 6-Puss? Coooool! Very Happy

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:02 pm

PJ doing who would be ok. I mean, I have no idea what it would be like, i prefer Moffat I think. BUT weta doing the special effetcts for who would be just plain awesome.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:25 pm

And gadgets. I reckon he'd bring back gadgets.- Orwell

Your just going to have accept the 70's are over Orwell!
And for the better- worse era of Who in my opinion the Pertwee years.
I mean you have the concept of someone who can go anywhere in space and time and what do they do?- strand him on earth every single week- have
him conform and work for the establishment, alongside the army of all people! Mad And then he has to sit about twiddling his thumbs hoping some aliens will try to invade every week. It couldnt be further from the rest of Who if it tried.
And I for one, whilst PJ would I am sure love to have it all, can do without the Whomoble, the Whocopter, the Whohoovercraft and the Doctor fighting everyone with poorly choreographed martial arts under the terrible name of Venusian Judo!
I still like Inferno mind you and the original Silurian story- but thats not enough for a whole era.

Besides, much as I like Pertwee (his Worzel Gummidge was superb), its a bit of a problem when the lead in a sci-fi cant remember anything technical- so no
matter what was going on Pertwees Doctor the solution was always the same- a variation on 'reverse the polarity of the neutron flow' as it was the only bit he could ever remember!

And just for fun here's 11's Flesh version getting confused with his past selves. (Matt does a good Tom Baker!)

I mean its Doctor Who not intergalatic James Bond!!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:38 pm

And I for one, whilst PJ would I am sure love to have it all, can do without the Whomoble, the Whocopter, the Whohoovercraft and the Doctor fighting everyone with poorly choreographed martial arts under the terrible name of Venusian Judo! - Petty

what? you wouldn't want that? I'de love that!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:42 pm

Well you are in luck then Norc- you can go watch 3 years worth of it by watching the 3rd Doctor era!
We dont need it again- Who is a show of constant evolution and change- it should never go backwards or its dead in the water and wont see another 50 years.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:43 pm

I would be more interested in seeing a PJ-directed episode if he didn't also write it. I got the impression that they were only talking about directing, though. And he'd be miles ahead of Yates, definitely. Very Happy

Ally wrote:You wouldn't want an Oscar award winning director to direct a film for some BBC show
Smooth

Yes, PJ is now in the proud company of Kevin Costner and Mel Gibson, among other Oscar-winning directors. Wait a minute... scratch
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:45 pm

haha,

you have to remember, he could make a decent Who ep. wth scenary and battles, I think he's a good director and one doesn't have to be great to shoot one who ep. though he might have problems with fitting it into the 45 minutes of an Who ep...
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:49 pm

Maybe they could let him do a two-parter then, since as he admits PJ sucks at making things short. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:53 pm

As I said I dont mind him directing an ep even a two parter- just dont let hm suggest or change anything or wirte a single word of it!

Here's the last time Who made the cinemas- in a remake of the 1st Doctor story The Dalek Invasion of Earth- obviously the original is better as it has a lot more time and character development- and this is not cannon (even by Who standards) as the Doctor is not a Time Lord but a human inventor actually called Doctor Who. He invents the Tardis!
Oh and Daleks kill by firing a jet of smoke at people!
However you may recognise the male companion in this- a certain Bernard Cribbens who many moons later would play Wilfred Mott in 'proper' Who.

For comparison- here's the original-

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:37 pm

Neil Gaiman should write the stuff, and PJ/New Line can finance and direct it. Best of both worlds/parallel Universes.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:41 pm

cheers
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:45 pm

I'd rather it stayed with BBC films- as soon as you give out to a big film company they start doing stupid things- like polling US audiences and then changing everything and ruining it- always happens.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:53 pm

oh and bring back Tennant and Donna. Very Happy and K9. Razz
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:56 pm

Tennant will most likely be back for the 50th anniversary somewhere somehow- Im hoping for Captain Jack too- he was never better than when Moffat created and wrote him so Im looking forward to that.
And I am hugely hoping after 50 years we finally get a resolution to the first parting- when his Granddaughter Susan left (was left behind to be more precise)- he did say "One day I will return, yes, one day"- I hope somewhere in the 50th that day comes.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:17 pm

Was over on Gallifrey Base nosing the review section where they have an episode poll- dont think Ive ever seen this before there (they make my complaints about PJ look positively friendly. Compared to some of the posters there Mrs Figg is Moffats biggest fan!)

But heres the result of the vote on The Angels Take Manhattan. 3437 people voted (including me!)

10 Fantastic! The absolute pinnacle (excellent/10)

Doctor Who [3] - Page 31 Bar2-lDoctor Who [3] - Page 31 Bar2Doctor Who [3] - Page 31 Bar2-rDoctor Who [3] - Page 31 Clear
1,077 31.34%

9 They don't get much better than this! (excellent/9)

Doctor Who [3] - Page 31 Bar3-lDoctor Who [3] - Page 31 Bar3Doctor Who [3] - Page 31 Bar3-rDoctor Who [3] - Page 31 Clear
1,008 29.33%

8 It's certainly worthy of very high praise! (great/Cool

Doctor Who [3] - Page 31 Bar4-lDoctor Who [3] - Page 31 Bar4Doctor Who [3] - Page 31 Bar4-rDoctor Who [3] - Page 31 Clear
647 18.82%

7 Well above average, but no masterpiece (very good/7)

Doctor Who [3] - Page 31 Bar5-lDoctor Who [3] - Page 31 Bar5Doctor Who [3] - Page 31 Bar5-rDoctor Who [3] - Page 31 Clear
306 8.90%

6 Just a cut above average (good/6)

Doctor Who [3] - Page 31 Bar6-lDoctor Who [3] - Page 31 Bar6Doctor Who [3] - Page 31 Bar6-rDoctor Who [3] - Page 31 Clear
151 4.39%

5 Can't find a better example of average Doctor Who (average/5)

Doctor Who [3] - Page 31 Bar1-lDoctor Who [3] - Page 31 Bar1Doctor Who [3] - Page 31 Bar1-rDoctor Who [3] - Page 31 Clear
68 1.98%

4 It's below average, but only just! (fair/4)

Doctor Who [3] - Page 31 Bar2-lDoctor Who [3] - Page 31 Bar2Doctor Who [3] - Page 31 Bar2-rDoctor Who [3] - Page 31 Clear
51 1.48%

3 This one's bad but it's got some good in it, just there. (poor/3)

Doctor Who [3] - Page 31 Bar3-lDoctor Who [3] - Page 31 Bar3Doctor Who [3] - Page 31 Bar3-rDoctor Who [3] - Page 31 Clear
54 1.57%

2 It's not THE worst, that's something else. But... (awful/2)

Doctor Who [3] - Page 31 Bar4-lDoctor Who [3] - Page 31 Bar4Doctor Who [3] - Page 31 Bar4-rDoctor Who [3] - Page 31 Clear
41 1.19%

1 I'd rather listen to a tape loop of leaf blower noise (worst/1)

Doctor Who [3] - Page 31 Bar5-lDoctor Who [3] - Page 31 Bar5Doctor Who [3] - Page 31 Bar5-r
I cant remember the last episode that got that high a score there! Maybe they are going soft in their old age! I was quite shocked- even episodes considered classics like The Girl Who Waited or Blink rarely get a majority above 9.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:56 pm

....eh?....... scratch ...nope still dont understand. Shrugging
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:52 pm

If you mean the poll its from one of the bigger Who forums.
Its a rate the episode out of 10 poll- they have one for every episode- I was just suprised by it- its a very critical forum and I cant remember many episodes getting an overall 10 out of 10 (even I didn't vote it a 10 much as I loved it-Ive never given a 10!).

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:12 pm

..a very critical forum? you mean they hate RTD? Sad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg