Orwell
David H
Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
Ally
25 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [2] - Page 35 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [2]

Post by azriel Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:14 pm

Im sorry, this may well sound like favouritism but, I miss the Old Crabbit Scoundrel ! I miss the stirring up, the moaning, the arguements put forward, his views,clouded or not ! His total disregard for that pompous oaf PJ ! his dissecting & analysing ! Oh,its all to much ! I gotta go lie down ! (swoon!)
Im even missing the crazy debate on the length of fecking Hobbit grass ! this has affected me more than I thought it would ! Where's my sedative,..... DOCTOR!
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [2] - Page 35 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [2]

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:18 pm

yep me too, I need a good old Amy Pond moaning session. Laughing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:09 pm

Bree is seriously fucked up. there is about 100 spam threads and no body is doing ANYTHING I am alone fighting the spamorcs the admin is a lazy twat I have emailed it and nothing has been done. Stu is nowhere to be found. and then one of the Breelanders starts moaning because the threads are all bumped. whats the point really? No he doesnt seem to fathom that without me bumping everything there wouldnt BE a forum. there are at least 30 new spams per day. fookin spam Mad but I may be little but I will fight alone. you dont screw with Tolkien fans.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:55 pm

Did they reinstall you as admin, or are you just using plebian voting privileges?

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:55 pm

haha double meaning last sentence much

not that I belive it true

Gypsy gal, the hands of Harlem

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:57 pm

plebian voting, but I noticed admin has done something after my er..pep talk

I am probably banned as a result, but it was worth it. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:59 pm

I like your euphemisms. Wink

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:35 pm

thanks. I meant to say 'rocket up the arse' but I am too ladylike to say such things natch Nod
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:21 pm

the dickhead banned me, and he banned me from seeing the website too. Rolling Eyes

hey! I feel like Frodo! Bree is saved but not for me! the story must continue, figgsbane will go to the Havens. Sad

(((((Laughing)))))
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:12 pm

are you banned from bree?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:12 pm

You can't even see the website? Is that possible? Wow.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:47 pm

yup well and truly banned. cant access the webpage. I was getting a bit bored of Bree but what the heck, I have spent the last few days bumping spam off the forum and this is how he repays me, although I did call him a jerk at some point of the proceedings, maybe thats what torn it? Laughing

Shocked shit!

Rolling Eyes

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:53 pm

I am getting a bit irascible in my old age. Laughing

Suspect
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:46 pm

I believe you deserve a pat on the back Mrs Figg ! I pop over to Bree every now & then, I noticed the abundance of spam, & it was a bucket load ! Sorry youve been dumped so hastily ! A bit of the old "Tyrant" has rubbed off onto you,has it ?! Dont knock it ! We all get fired up now & again ! Good on yer !

Things that are making you crabbit! [2] - Page 35 Clapn_zps30d89ab4

Things that are making you crabbit! [2] - Page 35 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Things that are making you crabbit! [2] - Page 35 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:41 pm

Bree's been a bit queer lately anyways. Don't feel bad, Figgs.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:49 pm

Good see you using the crabbit Mrs Figg- maybe a little work required on the amount you let out at once mind you.....

Anyhow the mod who banned the spammers (and you) has made a sticky post about spam on Bree- I have made my feelings clear there, which I reproduce here seeing as you cant get to bree-

'Thank you for banning the spammers- but you seem to have inadvertently also banned figgs- without whom not only would you not have been alerted to the mass of spamming occuring here in the first place, but whose absence means it will be a lot less interesting a forum without her.

I will assume this was an accident on your part to be quickly rectified.
If not look for this to quickly become a protest!'

If you are not reinstated they can expect some professional level crabbit to be coming their way! Twisted Evil

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:57 pm

Quite a dramatic change in the last couple months or so though. Bree has had a mod, some trolls, people have been getting banned, threads deleted... and a Sticky Thread! Now I've seen it all.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:13 pm

Stuart Carrier wrote:I got im touch with PT the other day when there was 20-odd threads of spam and realised our site was drowning for all the 'Banning' I was doing. that's why Dawson's done what he has. I asked PT to 'ban' all usernames and their ISP addys which were not 'Proper' names, as the bona fide members here generally dont use stupid 'WYSIWIG' namesmade up of random sequwnces of letters and numbers/ One of those spammes has about five or six usernames already geared up.. so go figure. I didn't know umti;now thas Figgy would get caught up in the measures Dawsons taken, but I'll get in touch with PT when I'm done here.
Maybe you'll get reinstated after all.

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:12 pm

'Hm, fair enough. Well, if she emails me webmaster@planet-tolkien.com with her email address I will make sure the system unbans her.
For future reference, I would appreciate it if members didn't use such a method, but leave it to me to deal with the spam and I will as best as I can. I am now looking into it and will find a resolution asap.
Apologies for the disruption to all, including Figgs.- Dawson planet Tolkien (aka the Dark Planet!)

There you go Mrs Figg all sorted! cheers
The 'method' he was referring to was bumping threads above the spam ones. He mistook you for a spammer.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:47 pm

I did call him a jerk for deleting ALL my posts. I thought he was taking the piss. I went on there and all my posts were gone and the spam was still there, so I assumed after all the recent weirdness over there that he or someone was messing with me, plus I had emailed twice to tell him about the problems and nothing had been done, then I spend an hour bumping spam off the page for a couple of days, so I got irate and when I get irate I blow up for 5 minutes, simmer gently for another 5 minutes and then apologize. But its no biggy its queer over there anywayz. Shocked

thanks for the moral support though guys. Kissing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:25 am

Only went on Bree once, all looked a bit messy. Not like our tidy Forum we have here.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:58 am

chris63 wrote:Only went on Bree once, all looked a bit messy. Not like our tidy Forum we have here.

Laughing I mean.. Nod

Pettytyrant101 wrote:'Hm, fair enough. Well, if she emails me webmaster@planet-tolkien.com with her email address I will make sure the system unbans her.
For future reference, I would appreciate it if members didn't use such a method, but leave it to me to deal with the spam and I will as best as I can. I am now looking into it and will find a resolution asap.
Apologies for the disruption to all, including Figgs.- Dawson planet Tolkien (aka the Dark Planet!)

There you go Mrs Figg all sorted! cheers
The 'method' he was referring to was bumping threads above the spam ones. He mistook you for a spammer.

Thee-hee, that's the Taz I know. Smile

Happy return to Bree, Figgy! cheers

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:05 am

I'm amazed that Petty managed to have a complete conversation with Taz that didn't result in a crabbit explosion and/or further bannings! Shocked
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:41 am

Eldorion wrote:I'm amazed that Petty managed to have a complete conversation with Taz that didn't result in a crabbit explosion and/or further bannings! Shocked

I know! I didn't even dare to mention it. That is queer, even for Bree! I suspect he ran his reply through the Gurgle Scothobbit-to-English translator.

{{{I've heard Petty's the cleverestest of his litter and very loyal to his red and hot headed ladies. Nod }}}

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:23 pm

Confucius he say, 'It better to be Etna than Vesuvius'.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next