Orwell
David H
Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
Ally
25 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [2] - Page 33 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [2]

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:06 pm

so this Skype thing, how does it work? how do you know when someone is calling you. does it ring like a phone? Shocked
no idea. I made an account cos I got an interview by Skype but I have never used it before, do you have to sit near it? and when they ring you what do you click to recieve the call, and if your connection is crap like mine will it conk out? No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [2] - Page 33 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [2]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:11 pm

Yes it will make a ringing noise like a phone.
You will have to been in ear shot of it, same as a phone.
Yes your connection might go if its bad enough- depends if they just make an audio call or a if its a video call- if its a vid call more likely you will have connection problems.

Hope that helps Mrs Figg. Personaly I hate skype. And I strongly resent MSN shoving me off messenger and onto it, which they are Evil or Very Mad - which is why Im going back to yahoo messenger. Nod

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:32 pm

cheers, how do you accept the call though? is there an icon to click. and what distance do you have to sit, is audio a bugger to ajust or is it in automatic? so many Questions so much wanting to punch my computer Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:36 pm

Arm twist a friend into getting skype, then try it out. You don't want to miss your interview due to hitting the wrong thingybuttle.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:38 pm

Id recommend a headset- phones and mic combo- nothing fancy, a basic set is usually good enough.

When you get a call it will ring like a phone and a box will appear with two buttons- accept or decline- pick accept to take your call.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:40 pm

But first you want to make sure the damn thing is working before waiting for the important call. I'd test it out with someone.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:42 pm

Oh yes always test if possible- but assuming its actually working- taking a call is straight forward and easy.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:47 pm

pale sounds a nightmare I will tell them to just use the phone, thats worked ok for 100 years
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:50 pm

plus I dont know anyone with all those things. i am not buying microphones and a headset for one interview.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:01 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:so this Skype thing, how does it work? how do you know when someone is calling you. does it ring like a phone? Shocked
no idea. I made an account cos I got an interview by Skype but I have never used it before, do you have to sit near it? and when they ring you what do you click to recieve the call, and if your connection is crap like mine will it conk out? No

cheers welcome to the world of skype, Figgy! it is an amazing tool! just saying!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:04 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Yes it will make a ringing noise like a phone.
You will have to been in ear shot of it, same as a phone.
Yes your connection might go if its bad enough- depends if they just make an audio call or a if its a video call- if its a vid call more likely you will have connection problems.

Hope that helps Mrs Figg. Personaly I hate skype. And I strongly resent MSN shoving me off messenger and onto it, which they are Evil or Very Mad - which is why Im going back to yahoo messenger. Nod

so skype is like a regular phone, only cheaper, espesially over seas Wink
MSN sucks bollocks. It was huge and popular when I was about nine, but there are so many fake profiles and viruses and yeah, junk and shit, hotmail is just shit, honestly, and so's MSN. Yahoo is, i have to agree with petty, good, but all my friends have skype. One can now also connect skype with facebook, which makes it a lot easier to contact friends Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:05 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:cheers, how do you accept the call though? is there an icon to click. and what distance do you have to sit, is audio a bugger to ajust or is it in automatic? so many Questions so much wanting to punch my computer Mad

do you need someone to call you so you can figure it all out? it's easier to explain it too that way, who the mic and so works.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:07 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:plus I dont know anyone with all those things. i am not buying microphones and a headset for one interview.

you really just need a headset, nothing grand, just to avoid echoing, and it is really simple really. there is like a green button you push, then you are talking and you can choose if you want video or not.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:07 pm

here to help.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:08 pm

Yahoo is, i have to agree with petty, good, but all my friends have skype.- Norc

I only ended up going from yahoo to msn cause most folk on my friends list used msn. Mad Now its been closed and everyone shoved onto skype. Mad What happened to consumer choice? Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:10 pm

Shrugging dunno, just go with the flow .. but skype is a great tool, a bit confusing at first perhaps, but when you find out the important bits, it's really simple.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:18 pm

thanks Norc I might take you up on that offer. Very Happy
I sent them an email asking if I can be interviewed by phone because the connection here makes me want to hurt my computer. its no good if I am in the middle of saying something sensible (for once) and it conks out, that would be embarrassing, it will make them irritated and thats no good AT all. No
if you are talking to friends its ok but when you need to give the (false What a Face ) impression you are professional its a no go.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:26 pm

Thumbs Up sounds good, i am sure they understand,but the modern days wants to put a face to the name Rolling Eyes just pm me if you'de like me to call and see how it works ^^
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:33 pm

Thumbs Up ok will do. :carrot:
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:36 pm

Do let us all know if it works Mrs Figg- I'd hate to be deprived of the thrilling finale to this technological saga after following it this far- be like watching Lost! Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:43 pm

Hurr durr

(((((( Suspect )))))))
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:44 pm

Laughing
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:20 pm

just had a weirdo on skype ask me for you-know-what. This person asks to contact me and being a plonker I say hi cos I dont know who they are, and well the rest is history, that was odd. Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:13 pm

There are people like that wherever you go I think, but because you can't kick them there's less risk if they're rude online. pig

I'm glad to hear you've got Skype sorted out. Thumbs Up
Good luck with the interview!

David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:17 pm

"...and well, the rest is history..."

Um, did you have fun? Laughing

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next