Turembar
Norc
Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
Lancebloke
33 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 12 Empty Re: Favourite computer games of all time.

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:30 pm

Which version of the ending do you have?
If you dont have it I would recomend getting the directors cut ending.
Doesnt change the basic problem but does solve some rather obviously large plot holes that otherwise arise.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 12 Empty Re: Favourite computer games of all time.

Post by RA Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:12 pm

I just did 3 play-throughs of Mass Effect 1. Definitely great. I can't decide which is my favorite though.
The highlights of 1, for me were Virmire, Bring Down the Sky (even if it is DLC, I still love it) and Illos. The RPG elements certainly set it apart though. Despite how much I love the character development of the second one, the transition from 1 to 2 is the most jarring thing.
I loved most of ME3. The ending is decidedly mixed for me. Like petty said, if you don't have the EC ending, get it. It's free anyways.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:55 pm

Yeah when you play al three back to back 1 to 2 is the biggest change to get used to, and not just controls.
Much as I cursed the tank driving bits in ME1 I sure came to miss them in 2 and 3- a least it made the universe feel bigger and more open. And it main problem in 1 was not the driving it was the ridiculously pointy landscapes! Mad
The hover tank thing in the dlc in 2 is nowhere near as good, you are too boxed into linear paths.

On the other hand when you go back to 1 the long bits of running between areas and waiting in lifts feels pretty unnecessary- mind you they always did.

But when it comes to levellng up character and gear 1 is miles ahead of 2 and 3.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:39 am

I think the Mako needed improvement - not to be done away with entirely. A minor gripe I have.
I didn't mind the long elevator rides. Beats a loading screen, at least it's immersive.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:31 pm

Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:44 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiRDJLcYua0
Also a really good sales pitch for the Mass Effect series Laughing

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:37 pm

Norc wrote:
That last game is disturbing.

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:40 pm

Should I be suprised there's an offesnive top 5 video games vid and Norc poted it? No, I dont think so on either count.

Id heard of the rape game before, weird thing is despite this one actually being banned the Japanese game market does has regular releases of games where you try to see up skirts on subways and take surreptious photos- just odd over there- but then this is the country which invented the used schoolgirls panty vending machine! Shocked

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:57 am

what do u mean it's not surprising I posted it Suspect

and what's a schoolgirls panty vending machine?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:49 pm

what's a schoolgirls panty vending machine?- Norc

Um, its exactly like what it sounds- its like a drinks vending machine but instead of stocked wth coke its stocked with, well, used schoolgirls panties, and you buy them, you know while your waiing on the subway or something. I did say it was weird didnt I?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:52 pm

that..... exists? Shocked i don't want to live on this planet anymore.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:30 pm

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 12 3cd8a33a

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:23 pm

Does however put the japanese games on that list into a context- not saying its a good context but it is a context.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Nagual Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:47 pm

Bestest games ever?

Elite on the ZX Spectrum and C64. Ultima 4 on the C64. The Bards Tale on C64. Skyrim on the PC.

Along the way we have a few contenders but not quite:

Chucky Egg, Morris Miner, Wally, Jet Pac, Everquest, EVEOnline, Far Cry.

Nag.
Nagual
Nagual
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:49 pm

I have discovered the greatest thing ever in the world of free things.
It is called MAME- Mulit-Arcade- Machine-Emulator.
You get roms of old arcade machines and you play them! Ive being playing Outrun and Star Wars- not some cop out home conversion but the actual arcade game rom itself. Its bliss!! I love you

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Garek the Guard Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:23 pm

Skyrim? Suspect
Garek the Guard
Garek the Guard
Lucky Number

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:19 am

Skyrim = Merp = Nod

Therefore,

Skyrim = Nod

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:25 pm

Morrowind > Skyrim

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:35 am

A good Alien game? Surely not? Shocked

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:46 am

Im waiting for that one Petty!! Only 2 weeks away!

hey have been making it for about 10 years so it should be good.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:10 am

Lancebloke wrote:
hey have been making it for about 10 years so it should be good.

See Duke Nukem Forever. Wink

Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:20 am

Temple Run 2 :HEART:

Gypsy gal, the hands of Harlem

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:44 am

Well looking forward to the new Metal Gear game(s). Ground Zeroes and the presumed Metal Gear Solid game by the(fake) Moby Dick Studios, The Phantom Pain.

Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:56 am

Ground Zeroes looks excellent- is it sony exclusive still however?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:02 am

No, they are branching into at least Xbox as well. Hopefully they go Wii and PC, just to get it to everyone possible.

Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next