David H
The Wobbit A Parody
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
halfwise
23 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

continuing proofs America is wacko - Page 35 Empty Re: continuing proofs America is wacko

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:43 pm

My biggest hope for humanity is basically this. What we are doing right now.
Governments and the media have for too long excerised a degree of control over people by convincing them that those people over there arent like us lot over here.
But as soon as people can actually talk to one another directly it quickly becomes clear that there and here are pretty much the same and we are probably best learning off one another rather than (to employ a US metaphor) circling the wagons.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

continuing proofs America is wacko - Page 35 Empty Re: continuing proofs America is wacko

Post by halfwise Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:46 pm

Interesting how the Scottish and Australian experiences with gun bans are so divergent. It would be really nice to know why.

Because of this I believe people DO have a right to defensive weapons, but with better regulations on them than we currently have. The true criminal class is always outside the regulations, but putting some pressure at the interfaces to slow down transfer of guns from the legal to the illegal world is a good thing, or to restrict access by unstable people. I think military class weapons should only be saleable to the military and carefully tracked.

As to the impression the fringes of America projects to the world, well, that's why I created this thread! Very Happy A celebration of American style wackiness.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by the truth Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:47 pm

I will drink to that Petty
the truth
the truth
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by the truth Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:51 pm

I believe you might just be successfull here on this forum Halfwise , so thank you.I like to be looked at in a good wacky way , not a bad one and thats the way mainstream media portray us Hillbillies LOL
the truth
the truth
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:55 pm

Could be worse Truth your international reputation could be as a bunch of tartan decked, kilt wearing, bagpipe playing, buckie drinking, arse waving crabbit nutters.....oh hold on a minute!! Mad drunken

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by the truth Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:59 pm

Ha ha I wouldnt take an Issue with that Petty Sofa
the truth
the truth
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:20 pm

Dammit all to hell.

http://news.yahoo.com/1-student-shot-high-school-taft-calif-182626650.html

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by the truth Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:27 pm

yes more bad news copycats I deem
the truth
the truth
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

continuing proofs America is wacko - Page 35 Empty america

Post by leelee Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:42 pm

halfwise wrote:geez Leelee, I have a hard time imagining anyone wanting to kill you, even if drunk.

I was thirteen and he was trying and trying to get an entire huge vat of ice cream opened to get at it and I tried to help him, every one else was ignoring him and my hand slipped and I put a tiny but painful cut on his hand with whatever we were using. He got right up and got the shot gun. I felt all the blood drain from my face and my cousin yelled 'run' and I ran. But with a wide field of one hundred twenty acres of wheat and other it was hard to find a space to hide. I knew he would check the chicken coops and the barn. So I hid in the tall grass with the black angus bulls. It still gives me the creeps. I was on my way home in Calgary from work and this guy and a trendy suit and shoes put his arm around my neck with a small knife and said he was taking me to 18th which was mostly car parks and I knew I would never come home again. So I asked him what time it was and he showed off his jewelled watch to check and I ran screaming making all the noise I could make and a bus driver opened his doors and let me in and not the guy. That I could understand but not the wilds with a rifle.
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:14 pm

Leelee: Shocked

As for copycat killers, I sincerely hope the media learns that we do NOT have a need to know every detail, not even a right to know. But where to draw the line?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:53 am

the truth wrote:I agree with you RA, I think Jones is going a little overboard and doesnt speak for all gun owners ,As for Morgan I dont agree with him but our constitution guarantees the right to free speech which he is excercising , I think alot of Americans think he is looking down on them as under-educated barbarians LOL . I was sent some interesting statistics on crime in Australia ,I would like to get them verified by Orwell to see if they are correct , I believe the man on the ground more than the media . A big part of the problem with people my age is they believe the Obama admin. is leading us down a road toward a communistic govt.they see more and more controling laws and intrusion of the govt. in theyre everyday life and with the dysfunctionality of our Government it doesnt help at all. The view Americans have about Tyranny and govt. control has not changed since The 1700s, thats something very hard to change and mis-trust has grown even more with the last three admins. Americans want America to stay the same ,they dont want to be like Europeans ( no offense ) I think they feel to much change would make them Un-American, Still there needs to be a change for the better and there is not a good solution on hand that everyone will agree with yet. Im hopefull though .

Need to see those Aussie stats to comment, Mr Truth. Neutral

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:42 pm

I have to admit I'm very fond of this guy. This thread was basically created with his type in mind, on either side of the idealogical line. Again, I can't fault the reasoning behind having the people strong enough to stand up to a dictatorial government, I just don't see enough signs of that happening to start hoarding assault weapons yet. So long as we maintain a democracy the government has reason enough to fear its people. Dysfunctional as it may be I don't see that we are anywhere close to losing the ability to change our leadership. Once we see the powers of the ballot begin to erode it's time to think about stockpiling, not before.

Pettytyrant101 wrote:You know this sort of thing doesnt really help the view outsiders have of American and guns.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:03 pm

The White House has rejected a petition to build a Death Star - a huge battle-station armed with a superlaser as seen in the Star Wars films.
a senior US government official said the Obama administration "does not support blowing up planets".
The official also said the cost - about $850 quadrillion - was too high.
More than 34,000 people had signed the petition, saying the project would spur job creation and strengthen defence.
They also wanted the government to begin construction by 2016.
- BBC news

Shocked Is it April 1st already!! affraid I cant have been that drunk surely that I dont remember anything since January?!!!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by the truth Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:09 pm

so there are at the very least 34,000 raving lunatics in this country that are willing to admit that they are . Scary
the truth
the truth
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:13 pm

The official also said the cost - about $850 quadrillion - was too high.

Im more worried that they seemed to have a figure worked out already for how much one would cost. Shocked

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by the truth Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:20 pm

they would probably pay for it with those trillion dollar coins and the chinese probably beat them to it
the truth
the truth
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:26 pm

I would build a kitteh star, and laser beam kitties at everyone.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:35 pm

continuing proofs America is wacko - Page 35 Kittychute_zps1ad97347

continuing proofs America is wacko - Page 35 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

continuing proofs America is wacko - Page 35 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:42 pm

now we are talking my language. cheers cat
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:46 pm

Wherever there is fear, some intelligent nutcase will tap into it (whether it's Mohammad or Hitler).

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:48 pm

nothing like cuddling a kitten to soothe your heart !
And,yes,Orwell. mans downfall is his admittance to fear, once someone cottons on to that, they play you till your begging for death, & sadly that sort of terrorism is contagious & for some, addictive.
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:53 pm

I'm proabably speaking of the more mundane everyday type of fear - the one that gets you listening to begin with to people who appear to have the answers. Of course, it includes the more extreme listeners (believers) you mentioned, Azriel. So we are agreed, of course! I'm just more disturbed by the everyday and generalized manipulation of people's fear, even if it doesn't end in turning up fanatics. Insidious, what. Smile

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:13 pm

you mean like someone saying DOS will be crap, that kind of fear? scratch
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:15 pm

It will be you know.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:20 pm

Ive learnt to keep a broad mind but to get as many facts as poss 1st, I try to go with my experience & take things with a pinch of salt. Im not into mass hysteria, I try to read between the lines & wait until theres definite proof, But manipulation is the worst thing I know. Its an unseen poison, I say unseen as its a mental cruelty, you can see a broken leg but you cant see a feeling. Its often hard to prove also, one word against another. It can drive you crazy or for some people,to suicide or to kill. And thats the danger.

continuing proofs America is wacko - Page 35 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

continuing proofs America is wacko - Page 35 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next