Eldorion
David H
Mrs Figg
Amarië
Orwell
15 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Can Anyone Help - I have a Teenager - Page 3 Empty Re: Can Anyone Help - I have a Teenager

Post by halfwise Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:11 pm

Tin's a Teen!

I love that you can't tell ages on the internet. Also you and Eldo were around a couple years ago, and we (at least I) still didn't know. Precocious whippersnappers. I think Odo's 12 and faking it.
halfwise
halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Can Anyone Help - I have a Teenager - Page 3 Empty Re: Can Anyone Help - I have a Teenager

Post by halfwise Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:24 pm

Or since Odo hasn't appeared, I should say Sir Orwell McOdo. Don't want to get smacked.
halfwise
halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:38 pm

I'm not sure Amarie I can provide a suitable translation- what he said was 'What the hell are they when the cows are at home?' But that doesn't really convey the meaning- suffice to say its a phrase used by certain, older generations-OUCH- What was that for Paw?

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Paw Mctyrant Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:38 pm

Fir using a nampy-pampy wird like suffice! Evil or Very Mad
Paw Mctyrant
Paw Mctyrant
Shireling

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:48 pm

I was wondering if it could mean 'cows are at home'. I am getting better at this! I still don't understand the question. Laughing I am guessing is just means that feelings are useless in daily life.

Hm, now Paw used the nampy-pampy word too... what happens then I wonder? Shrugging
I wonder solely for anthropological reasons, not because I think Paw needs a good smack.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:10 pm

I'll let you tell him that Amarie! pale

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:24 pm

Um... come to think of it, I don't think I am brave enough to venture into that territory... There are things in life that make even the bravest Vikings shiver. One is Helheim and the other I believe is to face Paw Tyrant.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:08 pm

Orwell wrote:Looking on the bright side, I think he's building up immunities to disease.

Nod
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:31 pm

halfwise wrote:Tin's a Teen!

I love that you can't tell ages on the internet. Also you and Eldo were around a couple years ago, and we (at least I) still didn't know. Precocious whippersnappers.

On the old forum ages weren't visible unless you looked at someone's profile page. I still remember when Durin found out my age. I think I was 15 at the time (I like to think I've grown up marginally since then). lol!
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:29 pm

Does 'marginally' mean you've only grown up on the 'extremities' Eldo, but not 'ínternally'? Very Happy

Um, as to Odo being twelve --- is that in 'dog' years, or is someone insulting someone? Suspect (I suspect he'd be cross about that, you know, except he's distracted by a financial problem. Indeed, he's busy transferring certain undisclosed funds between undisclosed off shore acounts because of a missing necklace that isn't missing anymore, but which has been paid for anyhow with his Forumshire Gold Credit Card. My gawd, the looks he's been giving me... pale ).

Oh Petty, I'm beginning to doubt Paw's methods... Look how you turned out. Shocked

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:40 pm

I'd call it a complement, being Odo (or Orwell for that matter) at age 12 is a far greater achievement than T. S. Elliot writing Prufrock at age 22.
halfwise
halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:06 am

halfwise wrote:I'd call it a complement, being Odo (or Orwell for that matter) at age 12 is a far greater achievement than T. S. Elliot writing Prufrock at age 22.

Hmm... be that as it may, things continue to go from bad to worse. I cooked some lovely lamb chops and some exquisite homegrown sweet corn and potatoes, with some more than passable baby peas from the shop - and my teenager didn't eat any of it except one chop-ruining bite out of a chop. He's off down the shops to eat crap... crap, I say... It's all over, I can't cope anymore... Mad

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:30 am

Don't be so hard on us teens, half of us here are Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:05 am

That will pass too. Breath iiiiiiiiiin, breathe ooooooooout. Repeat for 5 to 10 years.

There's something going on with the taste buds as well as the brain at that age.

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:45 am

I could, of course, kill him. You know, exert my God Given rights like the Patriarchs. Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:49 am

That is like SO old testament, thought you were a cool dad?

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:12 pm

I'd be cooler if I wasn't so hot headed! Mad

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:37 pm

Amarië wrote:That will pass too. Breath iiiiiiiiiin, breathe ooooooooout. Repeat for 5 to 10 years.

hehe-HAW!-HAW!-HAW!-hehehe.

Still, passing up the home cooked pork and garden veggies would unhinge anyone. Orwell, send an address, I sense an opening at the table and am on my way.
halfwise
halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:34 pm

[quote="halfwise"]Still, passing up the home cooked pork and garden veggies would unhinge anyone. Orwell, send an address, I sense an opening at the table and am on my way.[/quote

Excellent, I need soneone to clean his roo,. Do you clean your room, Halfwise? Also, there's my vegies to be grown. Oh and a thousand other tasks a replacement teenager should in all conscious do for his Father. When will you be here, new Son? Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:52 pm

Orwell wrote: Also, there's my vegies to be grown.

You need to get on with that. I've done some calculations and we're going to need every carrot!
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:03 pm

I'll have to break the news gently to Halfwise then about the scarcity of carrots for eating at my house despite the obvious plenitude in my garden. I suspect he'd be the kind of hobbit who is very fond of carrots, not some vegie despising teenager from Harbottle! Mad

Mmm....I wonder what the structural properties of carrots are once they've been frozen for transport overseas then thawed. Plant Morphology is not something I'm an expert in by any means. Shrugging

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:11 pm

I wasn't planning on rethawing them. They'll retain dimensional stability better if they're already frozen.
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:23 pm

David H wrote:I wasn't planning on rethawing them. They'll retain dimensional stability better if they're already frozen.

Excellent. cheers If you like, I'll source some refrigerators, though I'm by no means a refrigeration expert. Shrugging

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:26 pm

Excellent, I need someone to clean his room. Do you clean your room, Halfwise? Also, there's my vegies to be grown. Oh and a thousand other tasks a replacement teenager should in all conscious do for his Father. When will you be here, new Son?

Hey, so long as there's no forms to fill out, no strangely irrelevant questions that MUST be answered in a space the size of pinky, no quarterly progress reports on the project for which no funding has yet arrived, etc etc.....so long as there's none of THAT - I'll do anything for peanuts and feel I've got the best side of the bargain.

These teenagers are such suckers, what with letting themselves grow into adulthood and whatnot.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:29 pm

David H wrote:I wasn't planning on rethawing them. They'll retain dimensional stability better if they're already frozen.

Excuse my denseness, but what the damn-hell are you two blathering on about anyway?
halfwise
halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum