Eldorion
David H
Mrs Figg
Amarië
Orwell
15 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Can Anyone Help - I have a Teenager - Page 5 Empty Re: Can Anyone Help - I have a Teenager

Post by David H Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:42 pm

I knew that the admiral with all his elite, grandiose delusions would not want to have to mingle with the rest of the passengers and crew on a regular basis, so I've thoughtfully designed his quarters to be as far away from the main living spaces as possible. It seems like a perfect place for THAT MOVIE if it absolutely must come on board. (I do hope he has a big bladder though, it's quite a scramble to get to the head.)
pirat
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Can Anyone Help - I have a Teenager - Page 5 Empty Re: Can Anyone Help - I have a Teenager

Post by Orwell Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:29 pm

I find it a matter for private disturbation that a hobbit who can construct a spacecraft hull from the frozen skins of Nelson carrots appears to have no knowledge whatsoever of chamber pots? Shocked

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:27 pm

But Admiral, it's just that the standard issue terrestrial chamber pot relies entirely on gravity for containment. In zero gravity these things can get a bit....well.....messy Shocked

{{{probably shouldn't have said anything, just dogged down the bulkhead hatch and let him figure it out for himself. I bet he doesn't even thank me. Admirals are like that. Mad Still the thought of anybody, even an admiral, watching flying monkeys while covered in his own filth is almost more than my sensitive mind can bear. Sad' }}}
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:04 am

David H wrote:But Admiral, it's just that the standard issue terrestrial chamber pot relies entirely on gravity for containment. In zero gravity these things can get a bit....well.....messy Shocked

So you aren't planning to install an Electromognetic Antigravity Perambulator then? Shocked Where excatly did you do your Space Engineering Course? Suspect

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:30 am

Orwell wrote:So you aren't planning to install an Electromognetic Antigravity Perambulator then?

Respectfully sir, a EAP unit is a real power hog. At 1G, a gallon and a half of unleaded would only buy us about 45 minutes of gravity, and then we would have no gravity and no propulsion. Suspect

I'm afraid there were a few other luxuries that had to eliminated to conserve fuel. Specifically the entertainment system, the galley, the lights and the heat. The plan is to stay warm and entertained by snuggling in the dark with some of the crew. And eating lots of carrot sticks.
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:47 am

Oh good. My confidence in you is restored, Captain H. Very Happy

You know, a modicum of confidence in Petty, which I never previously had cause to have, is also slightly stimulated. His buckie and prostitutes may indeed be a useful addition to our comestibles and heating - though the need for Petty's personal attendance is clearly not quite so required. Indeed, I can't think readily of one good reason for inviting him along. His potenrtial usefulness as a cabin-hobbit was always rated in my book as low to non-exisent anyway.

Your views on carrots are also further vindicated, for what sane hobbit could envisage a long flight through the galaxy with any other carrot in store other than the Nelson. An excellent staple foodstuff, and far from bland. One cannot even entertain the thought of ever getting bored on our long and perhaps never ending voyage with such a commendable root. I've heard it said, at least in some quarters, that the Nelson is the lembas of carrots.

I am also minded, prompted by your forethought, to think of obtaining a second auxilary tank of fuel. Two extras may seem excessive, but you never know.

Well done Captain.

NB Of course, you have thought about harnesses and rope to minimize possible harmful, and potentially messy, bumping-around? Suspect

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:49 am

Another issue with Petty as crew (aside from the fact that he swore at me when I suggested the possibility) has to do with the uniforms. I'm sure you will see now why I've put so much effort into making sure that the rank, station, and gender of all crew members were easily recognizable by touch. Adding a kilted Scotshobbit into the mix would introduce an needless ambiguity, if you see what I mean.
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:38 am

I do see your point, Captain H, and it is a very good point.

What I suggest we do in this contngency is invite Petty to transport both his buckie and his prostitutes to our hold - once the craft is complete - and then ask him to leave promptly thereafter. I feel we may need to take a tactful approach in conveying our ideas to him though, as he is easily offended in my experience.

Last edited by Orwell on Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:14 am

I'll leave that in your experienced hands, sir.

{{{maybe Admirals are good for something after all!}}}
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:18 am

David H wrote:I'll leave that in your experienced hands, sir.

Goodo, Captain H.

{{{Typical non-Admiral type. I was hoping he'd deal with Petty pale }}}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:24 am

What I suggest we do in this contngency is invite Petty to transport both his buckie and his prostitutes to our hold - once the craft is complete - and then ask him to leave promptly thereafter.- Orwell

Don't think I want to be on a ship where the Captain can't even remember to encrypt his cunnning plans when discussing them- how is he going to remember the launch sequence even?! Good luck David but i supsect on the day the countdown will go 3,2,1, oops, BOOM!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:22 am

Petty, not sure, but I dont think you're paying full and proper attention. You quote me then seem to suggest I am Captain, where it's well known by now that Ï'm Admiral - or Flight Admiral if you like. As to your participation - or non-participation - I thought it best to be up front with you. Why ever would we leave you behind to inevitable extinction but not ensure the best use of your buckie and prostitutes?

As to any possibility of our ship going "Boom", you obviously have not been carefully reading Captain H and my discussions on materials, fuel, design, aeronautical dynamics, carrot tensility, and toilet arrangements. Rolling Eyes

This apparent laziness (and lazy thinking) on your part is a major factor in us excluding you from our travel plans, you know. But while we have a low opinion of your usefulness, don't ever imagine that we don't have a high opinion of your buckie and prostitues. Indeed, we cordially invite you to bring them on board sometime before our departure and your.... err....peaceful long repose. Very Happy

{{{I hope that was tactful enough. Tricky business really}}}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:27 am

Orwell I would not call you Admiral if you were covered head to toe in gold braid- which is quite likely given you have the same taste as a demented magpie-and as to your Captains attempts to be an engineer- from a Scots perspective, as the worlds greatest engineers and inventors- they are laughable (and potentially lethal) I mean carrots? Everyone know you need to make a space ship from neeps!

I think on balance, given the seemingly unsafe nature of your craft it would be remiss of me to store buckie on it let alone allow a bunch of lovely (yet suprsiingly not all that expensive) ladies of the night.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:31 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Everyone know you need to make a space ship from neeps!

So, you're saying you have a superior product for hull fabrication, is that it? I'm listening, Petty.... Suspect

{{{Frankly, Captain H's fetish for uniforms worries me a bit. And his obvious liking for groping around in the dark is a matter of real concern --- and I don't even wear a kilt. Shocked }}}}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:34 am

Neeps offer a thicker, more heat resistance skin whilst their dense, slightly orangey pulp is a perfect insulator solving the heating problem. And my, female friends, don't like the cold, you'll never get therm aboard that carrot thing (although moving them somewhere would be good, my new barrel is not so roomy as the old, luckily I did have a new jacuzzi fitted- they cant resist a jacuzzi for some reason, and oddly nor it seems can they resist snorting all my soap powder!- now why would they do that? Suspect And how am I going to wash my kilt now?)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:38 am

I'll do some wikipedia-ing on the subject, Petty, and get back to you. (I might also have a well earned sleep. Good for having dreams about spaceship construction, I've found).

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:10 pm

[url=Can Anyone Help - I have a Teenager - Page 5 Zonad_2009
Darlings, I have designed your costumes for your adventures in Space Time whatever, Hope you boys like them.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:31 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:[url=Can Anyone Help - I have a Teenager - Page 5 Zonad_2009
Darlings, I have designed your costumes for your adventures in Space Time whatever, Hope you boys like them.

Brilliant, Mrs Figg. I think you've designed the PERFECT Admiral's uniform! Very Happy
And it's his favorite color too: Ruby! Twisted Evil

Last edited by David H on Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:47 pm

{{{Petty, it looks like you may be successfully luring my "Admiral" from the ship with your Buckie and prostitutes. If so that would be wonderful cheers His supercilious ranting is starting to get on my nerves. That's why I moved his quarters to the little cupboard in steerage (also to avoid groping).

May I suggest that once he is safely off both of our vessels, we might combine forces? Both the economies of scale and the importance of crop rotation suggest we would be much stronger as a fleet. }}}
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:25 pm

David H wrote:
Mrs Figg wrote:[url=Can Anyone Help - I have a Teenager - Page 5 Zonad_2009

Brilliant, Mrs Figg. I think you've designed the PERFECT Admiral's uniform! Very Happy
And it's his favorite color too: Ruby! Twisted Evil

A ridicous allusion, Captain H, it's hardlr 'Ruby' coloured! Mad Your coment borders on mutinous! And whoever photoshopped me into that suit faces Court Marshall! I refuse to clad myself in such a suspiciously orangey hue however gay and alluring!

{{{Mrs Figg, I have the deepest admiration for your taste and class, and while I love the colour - and what hobbit with a Naval background doesn't - I'm afraid I would become close to invisible when on board the Ruby Slipper. As you know, I have an Ego that demands my Presence be forever up front and foremost wherever I go in Forumshire, even on a dangerous space voyage - you couldn't find me one in Sparkly Ruby Red, could you, my darling?}}}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:55 pm

[url=Can Anyone Help - I have a Teenager - Page 5 Sparkle]
Sparkly and Red, your wish is my command.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:04 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:[url=Can Anyone Help - I have a Teenager - Page 5 Sparkle]
Sparkly and Red, your wish is my command.

This is beginning to make me question the wisdom of this whole enterprise...... Rolling Eyes
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:07 pm

Don't be a fool, Captain H. Jealousy runs deep with you, I see. Rolling Eyes

Wonderful Mrs Figg -- though you may have to get me a slightly larger size as I am not the skinny little boy I once was. Embarassed

{{{With a suit like that, Mrs Figg, the likes of Captain H and Petty will fall at my feet and worship the very space I floated in. Nod}}}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:24 pm

[url=Can Anyone Help - I have a Teenager - Page 5 Never-Fart-in-a-Wetsuit]
Slightly larger size you say, youve had me sewing all night, is THIS ok?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:28 pm

That would certainly address your concerns about being bounced about in zero gravity, Admiral! Very Happy
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum