Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

+26
yooper
Lancebloke
halfwise
David H
Norc
Mirabella
Diamond Banks
Mrs Figg
Beren
Lorient Avandi
Amariƫ
Anne
janesmith
Orwell
chris63
Baingil
Biffo Banks
Tinuviel
Kafria
Saradoc
odo banks
Ally
Squach
Ringdrotten
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
30 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 39 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

Post by chris63 Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:33 am

We eat everything here. Emu, kangaroo, crocodile, mushy peas.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 39 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

Post by chris63 Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:37 am

Yum yum

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 39 Images10

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:23 am

I want to believe one of the things on your plate is a chocolate covered donut, but I fear it is not. Unless you dump chocolate over your chips.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:24 am

azriel wrote:is your front door in Italy ? (you darn lucky person) Suspect

One does tend to wonder why she spends any time indoors typing on her palantir to the likes of us.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:31 pm

cos its full of Italians, thats why. Rolling Eyes
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:41 pm

Ah, a dose of Englishness, even if half the people on here ain't. I can't imagine the word 'hobbit' sounds right when said by an Italian.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:42 pm

cos its full of Italians, thats why.- Mrs Figg

Hey you have something else in common besides hair colour with Amy Pond! Shocked
She did her history dissertation on the Roman conquest of Britain, her paper was called "The Invasion of the Hot Italians"! (She got marked down for the title)

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:56 pm

For Petty (quality not quite as good as wished).
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 39 Screen10

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:05 pm

bounce

From her pre Who gig on a comedy show.
Thats if Countdown was an American show. Very Happy

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 39 Unp_photo_image_channel4_countdown_07

{{Although I wouldnt be writing in to complain if Rachel Riley decides to do the show in a bikini!}}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:55 pm

they dont appreciate the 'Obbit' here. philistines Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:00 pm

Not romantic enough for them, I imagine.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:27 pm

I think the charge of the Rohirrim gives them the heeby geebies.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:22 am

halfwise wrote:I want to believe one of the things on your plate is a chocolate covered donut, but I fear it is not. Unless you dump chocolate over your chips.

Pie chips, mushy peas and gravy. You can't say no to that Very Happy

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 39 Tumblr_mezr6o3xZZ1qeeqito4_250
We eats it all

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:29 am

Well played, Chris. lol!
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:36 am

This video of simply walking a path is more exciting than any cliff dangling PJ has ever put on screen! Nod

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caminito_del_Rey
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:16 am

My reaction:

1. Hmm, what's this? Could be interesting. Question

2. He seemed to be getting awfully close to the edge when getting around that handrail... Neutral

3. Holy shit he's high up! Look at that cliff! Surprised

4. Uh, doesn't he see that there are holes in that concrete? That can't be a good sign. Shocked

5. Uh, can't he see that the concrete NO LONGER EXISTS THERE?! affraid

6. Jesus Christ he's going to walk on it like a balance beam. Sad

7. If the path in front of you has fallen away into nothingness, maybe you should turn back. pale

8. Why do they let people up there again? Suspect

9. ....... Nope. No

Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:44 am

that is insane, i would never do that (although i walked in a similar place once, but not for far and there was no stairs, just uneven ground)
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

OH MY FUCKING GOD HE HAD TO BALANCE THAT SHIT!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

what the actual fuck!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:38 am

Holy mother of God ! Your right David, way more scarey than anything PJ could even DREAM up ! Id be crawling on my hands & knees ! I didnt have the sound up, & it felt much more scarey cos of that. Well done you for finding it ! Funny how Life is often more amazing or fantastic than many films ! affraid

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 39 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 39 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:31 am

The thing I like is how many other people are up there too walking that! Shocked

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:02 pm

John Noakes would do that with a cup of tea in his hand. Laughing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:29 pm

Yeah, & Shep running along with a Blue Peter badge Metal

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 39 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 39 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:57 pm

I'd do that kind of stuff in abandoned buildings all the time as a kid and sometimes still do. Most of those beams he 'tightroped' across he could have done with his hands against the rock wall; not really all that dangerous, though the way he was putting his feet with toes lined up is damn stupid: using the arch of the foot instead means you have to slip 5 inches versus 2 before it's lights out. Dumbass. Concrete with holes in it....hmm....I know a scenic platform overlooking a cliff that people would go up on all the time, but it was poured over gravel and over time the gravel underneath came leaking out the back side. Ended up walking over a shell just a couple inches thick about 2 feet wide. It worried me, but out of habit people kept using it and it never collapsed. Surprisingly strong stuff. Not saying it's not stupid, mind you....

It's the people with the backpacks on that scare me. Throws the balance way off. The guy with the harness who's stopping at every cable connection point is doing the safe thing: you have two cables with carabiners, and at each connection point you first switch one, then the other so you are always connected. But that cable seems to only be there 30% of the time, and usually not when you really need it.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:59 pm

it's like something from mario cart.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next