Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

+26
yooper
Lancebloke
halfwise
David H
Norc
Mirabella
Diamond Banks
Mrs Figg
Beren
Lorient Avandi
Amarië
Anne
janesmith
Orwell
chris63
Baingil
Biffo Banks
Tinuviel
Kafria
Saradoc
odo banks
Ally
Squach
Ringdrotten
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
30 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 37 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

Post by Norc Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:33 pm

AND! go read the fanfic 1! I am gonna keep naggin until u do!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 37 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

Post by azriel Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:08 pm

Just curious but, do other countries have Charity shops ? Here in the UK we have shops where kind hearted people donate their unwanted stuff & a charity, whether its Oxfam or RSPCA sell the stuff to the public, at a sensible price.
OR,in other words,people give their unwanted crap,that they cant take to a skip, or the binmen wont take, & saddle a charity shop with the problem of getting rid of! Whats any good,they sell for a small fortune,knowing full well you can buy brand new at PRIMARK for cheaper.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 37 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 37 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:25 pm

yes. Fretex. although, some stuff are sent out, the nicer stuff are out out in shops.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:02 pm

Thats interesting, thanks Norc. Smile

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 37 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 37 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:31 pm

Love that pic Ringdotten- takls me back to my childhood when we used t get deep snow like that regularly (more rain and slush these days Mad ) but mailnly- chimneys with smoke!!!
I loved to walk through my vilage as a kid in winter the air thick with sweet wood smoke- again sadly no more as everyone seems to have gone over to gas heating, it are to see a smoking chimney these days.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:42 pm

I know what you mean, I don't see any myself these days. I miss waking up a freezing Saturday morning and making a fire. An electric oven can never beat that Smile

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 37 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:00 pm

well, that is my everyday saturday moning Razz we have one electric heater, but if it is like several below zero, it's bone chilling cold in the morning x) there is a charm to it though, having to freeze for ages then slowly being warmed up. I mean, one feel very proud after much huff and puff actually making a fire that survives Wink
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:59 pm

I badly miss good old open fires, where you could burn logs or coal or if your that hard up..tables,chairs,grandma! I miss the smell of soot, I like watching the blue-grey smoke curling & tickling up into the night from a chimney,(or granny) seeing the smoke reminds you of a roaring fire, & then you feel warmer. it also had a magical feel about it, especially at night,with a full moon illuminating the roof tops & gardens. & the ultimate is when theres SNOW draped on everything & it sparkles ! I even like the smell of snow, (as long as its not yellow !)
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:10 pm

Smile hi, i live in a place like that, i just have to get myself to walk five hundred meters and lit a fire ^^
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:18 pm

didnt have much choice in the 70s what with all the power cuts. it was like being medieval. but without Bubonic Plague. and witch burning.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:20 pm

I thought you liked medieval Suspect
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:27 pm

I do, but the fluffy girlie stuff like castles and knights in armour, not the rotten teeth and smelly bungholes bit.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:30 pm

Sad for the witches ! but at least you had a Shocked fire ! (saves on logs or coal)
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:45 pm

azriel wrote:Just curious but, do other countries have Charity shops ? Here in the UK we have shops where kind hearted people donate their unwanted stuff & a charity, whether its Oxfam or RSPCA sell the stuff to the public, at a sensible price.
OR,in other words,people give their unwanted crap,that they cant take to a skip, or the binmen wont take, & saddle a charity shop with the problem of getting rid of! Whats any good,they sell for a small fortune,knowing full well you can buy brand new at PRIMARK for cheaper.

There's Fretex, as Norc mentioned. That's run by the Salvation Army. (Frelsesarmeen.)

Around here there's also second hand stores run by Norske Kvinners Sanitetsforening - The Norwegian Women's Public Health Association. (Religious- and politically neutral charity organisasion.) And others too I am sure.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:59 pm

Ive wondered about this in other countries,as I do like to poke about in charity shops, I find great & weird stuff from these places that I cant find in mainstream shops. Ive been to Torino in Italy several times & apart from the great street markets I never noticed any charity type shops there. Thanks for the info! I love finding out about other countries & their life styles. Dont enjoy the "tourist trap" places tho! Places that are geared up for the British Invasion ! What is the point of going to say,Spain, & getting Egg/chips? I can get that at home! I want what the locals eat. Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:03 pm

i mean charity shops are ok but there's like 10% chance there's any vintage clothing u like at all and <0.5% there's something ur actively seeking out

Gypsy gal, the hands of Harlem

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:02 pm

so... like pizza, fries and spagetti? sorry, we're not that exotic Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:26 pm

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 37 Mtsnow

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:08 am

i like Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:43 pm

Thanks Norc.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:49 pm

Hey, if anyone feel like moving to the netherlands

https://maps.google.nl/maps?q=Erebor,+Geldrop&hl=nl&ll=51.409874,5.553181&spn=0.010547,0.027874&sll=51.696395,6.05896&sspn=2.683145,7.13562&oq=Erebor,&hnear=Erebor,+Geldrop,+Geldrop-Mierlo,+Noord-Brabant&t=m&z=16

(or google Erebor, geldrop)
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:54 pm

does it have hunky Dwarves?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:55 pm

Awwww... I love you

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:27 pm

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 37 Ba_ntq10

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:35 pm

gorgeous. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next