Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

+26
yooper
Lancebloke
halfwise
David H
Norc
Mirabella
Diamond Banks
Mrs Figg
Beren
Lorient Avandi
Amariƫ
Anne
janesmith
Orwell
chris63
Baingil
Biffo Banks
Tinuviel
Kafria
Saradoc
odo banks
Ally
Squach
Ringdrotten
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
30 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 29 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:53 pm

gorgeous place Lorient, very Middle Earth. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 29 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:11 pm

Where that first pic of Lorient?

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:52 pm

Thanks Mrs Figg, good to know theyre appreciated Very Happy
Petty, that's in my town in Utah. I walk past that quite often.

Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:03 pm

those trees look like golden Mallorn of Lothlorien Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:24 pm

My neighbour took these pics the other night as we were all sitting out the back having a buckie- was the most beautiful sunset.
Started off with an amazing purple and yellow sky that darkened to a stunning orangey-red.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 29 SAM_6192

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 29 SAM_6194

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 29 SAM_6199

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 29 SAM_6200

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:45 pm

That's definitely a gorgeous sunset, Petty. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:56 pm

Shocked wow.... love it. Sometimes here, the sunset can last a couple of hours. so beautiful to see the change in colour. I love sunsets.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:10 am

Ours are a bit shorter than that- about an hour. The last pic, when it was really orangey-red, was just as it went behind the hills (about a mile or so behind those houses)- you always get a dramatic colour change when it does that but it doesn't last long.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:12 am

Misty Mountains?

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 29 Mts

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:01 pm

Was sorting out a few pics on my HD and thought I'd post these- if I've posted any before apoligises- its hard to remember! drunken

Dunnad- nearly two thousand years ago it was the capital of the Scots and home to the almost mythical Dal Riada- the Children of Light.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 29 DunAD33C9B481E6

The once impressive entrance
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 29 DunCFD-4FF1-AB84-207A14FB337E

Some of the many, many standing stones around about it- if you look closely at the surface of the nearest stone (particularly clear near the bottom) you will see circular indentations- those are cup-marks- noone knows what they mean or represent.
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 29 DunEFFCB3A95658

One of the few areas round here which reminds me of the Shire- the farmlands on the coast.
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 29 EBA2A88-C956-4AF5-B0BE-2EE0543A1977
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 29 6B97574-1495-4379-9A7F-ED58D1B4C0FE

The Isles of Bute with the mountains on the island of Arran glimpsed beyond.
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 29 083D426-7183-48FA-A53F-69FCA65F0119

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 29 Roth-14E7-4648-929A-4F3C40B510B3

"woods and little rivers"
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 29 80F1EC2-9AF3-43FD-8150-240382AACCCE

My home town at night.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 29 Town200E71C9E733

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 29 Town1A482E0EE26D

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:36 pm

great photos ^^
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:51 pm

Absolutely gorgeous pictures, Petty. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:04 pm

Thanks guys- the Dunnad area and the old remains are pretty much how I imagine the remains of the North Kingdom, Deadmans Dike ect to look.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:50 pm

I really liked the picture of the standing stones. It's something I've read a bit about in real history and they appear in Tolkien too (Barrow-downs especially). Still, I can't imagine what living near to them and being able to go visit real standing stones would be like. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:56 pm

I can't imagine what living near to them and being able to go visit real standing stones would be like.- Eldo

Just as cool and amazing as you think- every time!
We have barrows too- most of them look as Tolkien describes- green mounds. And there is just as much tales and myth surrounding them and what 'lives' there as the Hobbits have about the Barrow-downs.

edit add- the standing stones are older than Dunnad. Somewhere between 3000-2000bc would be a late date for standing stones.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:42 pm

very nice photos Petty I like the standing stones and the rocky gorge ones, cool. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:36 am

Great pics Petty, thanks for sharing.
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:04 pm

some pics from my local medieval festival last night.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 29 DSC002875
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 29 DSC002837
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:05 pm

Cool. That looks pretty good- where you there?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:44 pm

Those are some pretty cool pics, Mrs Figg! Very Happy I haven't been to the local Rennaissance Festival here for a couple of years. I'm hoping to go this fall when it opens, although it's less history/authenticity-oriented than some.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:21 pm

thanks guys, yes I took those photos last night, Thursday, I ate 3 doughnuts and had a sugar rush. Razz that boy is laughing at me because I took the photo with a doughnut in my cakehole. Laughing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:09 pm

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 29 DSC002805
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 29 DSC002925
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 29 DSC003124
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:51 pm

Whatever job the bloke in the second pic has looks right up my street- guardian of the sacred buckie I reckon, no wonder he's grinning. drunken

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:58 pm

He may be grinning now but I wouldnt like to nick his buckie, that stick thing looks sharp. Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:00 am

Id nick it first!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next