Back to top Go down

Music - Page 5 Empty Re: Music

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:05 am

More than one seems more than enough to me! Mad

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:06 am

edit: wrong video

Last edited by Norc on Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:07 am

I plan to have our "One Joke Only Per Day" Policy invoked, Petty! Mad

Hey I'm still getting a giant ! instead of the vids you guys are posting! Banghead

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:08 am

Orwell is there no middle ground between genuine cyniscms and living a nice life out of it without doing wrong?

These young Forumshires today have no respect, not like in the old days- no hold on they didnt have any respect for their elders (and therefore obvious betters) then either Mad

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:11 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Orwell is there no middle ground between genuine cyniscms and living a nice life out of it without doing wrong?

These young Forumshires today have no respect, not like in the old days- no hold on they didnt have any respect for their elders (and therefore obvious betters) then either Mad

you say that, and I posted the wrong video :S
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:13 am

Well not to worry Norc- Orwell wont have notcied all he is getting is giant ! symbols instead of videos.
Try installing the latest flashplayer Orwell!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:21 am

Orwell wrote:
Pettytyrant101 wrote:Orwell the Sex Pistols never respected their audeience but I still like them- it can be pulled off, its all in what sort of attitude its conveyed I suppose.

The Sex Pistols were cynical through and through. It's what they were. Dylan puts on an artificial air of, "I'm a poet, made cynical by life, alas!" But he also seems to hold his fans (and other humans) in a kind of contempt, which is cynicism as well, but not the type I care for as I said above. If he was a true Cynic and Great Soul, he'd give away his money and turn his back on poetry, like Jesus did. There is Cynicism of a Philosophical Humane sort, and there is a nasty kind of cynicism, which you can make money from - just ask Bobby! Nod

I don't think that's strictly fair. From what I can tell from books read and videos watched is that Dylan was a friendly and engaging member of the folk movement in the early 60s and his time playing the New York coffee bars. He obviously took no pleasure in the extreme fame he gained and he obviously didn't like explaining himself. I was reading his chronicles the other day and the way it reads isn't cynical, just someone who is with themselves- a difference between hating his fans!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Wisey Banks Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:21 am

An 'umble 'orrid Scotsóbbit once did say,
"Orwell is there no middle ground
between genuine cynicism
and living a nice life out of it without doing wrong?"

"Oooh 'umble Scotsóbbit of my very heart,"
Replies the "Sage of Forumshire" (not a 'herb' a 'Guru!' Rolling Eyes )
"The brain of an Oz'obbit might be weak,
but ooh his passions do run strong!

"Orwell's Reply to Petty - drained from his brain."

Wisey Banks.

Oh how the Scotshobbit runs
- his haggis erect, his kilt so short,
in the windy highheatherlands
by errant uthrusts caught....
Embarassed

"Orwell's Deeper Reflections on a Wild Highland Mun."

Wisey Banks

Chief Forumshire Channeller

Back to top Go down

Post by Wisey Banks Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:23 am

Ally wrote:I don't think that's strictly fair. From what I can tell from books read and videos watched is that Dylan was a friendly and engaging member of the folk movement in the early 60s and his time playing the New York coffee bars. He obviously took no pleasure in the extreme fame he gained and he obviously didn't like explaining himself. I was reading his chronicles the other day and the way it reads isn't cynical, just someone who is with themselves- a difference between hating his fans!

Dear Ally, 'being fair'
will rarely win you an argument,
for cynical is as cynical goes,
and Truth is rarely spent!

"Orwell's Thought-Book for the Cynical."

Wisey Banks.

Chief Forumshire Channeller

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:28 am

Mmm not to sure of your latest Channeling Wisey. Mad Could one not use the pretence of cynism to further a good cause? And is having not to worry about your bills, or where the next meal comes from not a worthy enough cause?
And haggis only get erect when the wind is southeasterly and at this time of the year its always from the east. Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:31 am

Ally wrote:I don't think that's strictly fair. From what I can tell from books read and videos watched is that Dylan was a friendly and engaging member of the folk movement in the early 60s and his time playing the New York coffee bars. He obviously took no pleasure in the extreme fame he gained and he obviously didn't like explaining himself. I was reading his chronicles the other day and the way it reads isn't cynical, just someone who is with themselves- a difference between hating his fans!

All this shows is just how clever Bob is in his cynicism. Only he can't fool people like me, who some* say are wiser than most! Very Happy

(* The Bankses, for instance! Nod )

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:34 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Mmm not to sure of your latest Channeling Wisey. Mad Could one not use the pretence of cynism to further a good cause? And is having not to worry about your bills, or where the next meal comes from not a worthy enough cause?
And haggis only get erect when the wind is southeasterly and at this time of the year its always from the east. Mad

Ha! But is Bob's cynicism a pretense, Petty, hmmm? Shrugging

As to using cynicism to feed yourself, wouldn't theft be a more sure means? Shrugging

As to: "And haggis only get erect when the wind is southeasterly and at this time of the year its always from the east." Now come on, do you really expect us to believe that --- or am I becoming cynical? Suspect

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:35 am

Orwell wrote:

All this shows is just how clever Bob is in his cynicism. Only he can't fool people like me, who some* say are wiser than most! Very Happy

Listen to his 70s albums and you'll see how wrong you are!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:37 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Well not to worry Norc- Orwell wont have notcied all he is getting is giant ! symbols instead of videos.
Try installing the latest flashplayer Orwell!

Well, it's always worked up to now! I suspect something Evil is happening! Mad

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:37 am

Its true, when the wind is in any other diection they cant get up on there little mismatched hind legs which is where the famous scots mocking phrase 'he cannae get it up' comes from. If the winds in the east and they try to get up erect on their hind feet they just go all wobbly and limp and fall over then get really embarrassed and try not to look each other in the eye.

And does it matter if his cyniscm is false if it still strikes a cord and makes people think? If he benifts out of it to live well is that so bad?

Last edited by Pettytyrant101 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:38 am

Ally wrote:
Orwell wrote:

Listen to his 70s albums and you'll see how wrong you are!

Do you refer to his Christian phase? scratch

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:39 am

You know what I refer to

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:42 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Its true, when the wind is in any other diection they cant get up on there little mismatched hind legs which is where the famous scots mocking phrase 'he cannae get it up' comes from. If the winds in the east and they try to get up erect on their hind feet they just go all wobbly and limp and fall over.

And does it matter if his cyniscm is false if it still strikes a cord and makes people think? If he benifts out of it to live well is that so bad?

Well, Petty, you don't have to get all "Moral" on me! Mad Clearly I'm not as knowledgeable about haggises as you are! Rolling Eyes As to Bob's cynicism - I'm not talking about the 'cynicism' in his songs, I'm talking about his 'cynicism' about his fellow Man (and Woman). {{{Note to self: Must I draw a diagram for these people? They seem to have eyes that don't see, and ears that don't hear! Rolling Eyes }}}

Last edited by Orwell on Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:45 am; edited 3 times in total

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:43 am

Ally wrote:You know what I refer to

Yes, but do I really know what you refer to? Nod

scratch

Actually, I don't have any idea what you refer to, Ally! Shrugging

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:52 am

Norc wrote:

The original

chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:54 am

Hey Petty! I caught you out 'editing' one of your posts! cheers

"If the winds in the east and they try to get up erect on their hind feet they just go all wobbly and limp and fall over then get really embarrassed and try not to look each other in the eye."

I must say though, it was an edit of special magnificence! lol!

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:56 am

Orwell wrote:
Ally wrote:You know what I refer to

Yes, but do I really know what you refer to? Nod

scratch

Actually, I don't have any idea what you refer to, Ally! Shrugging

He produced some albums full of joy & hope & belief

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:57 am

Well if you are going to catch me out Orwell at least it was that one and not just my usual editing of typos! Very Happy

Last edited by Pettytyrant101 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:57 am

okay, my bad.
this one then..
Norc