omg. that movie looks so good cheers
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Future releases - Page 38 Empty Re: Future releases

Post by Eldorion Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:06 pm

Good news for Petty (maybe?): PJ wants to make more movies like Heavenly Creatures after he's done with The Hobbit.

http://www.slashfilm.com/after-the-hobbit-peter-jackson-wants-to-make-films-in-the-heavenly-creatures-mode/

Two points of concern though: will they be better than The Lovely Bones? And does he still plan on making Tintin 2, which a year ago he said would be his immediate post-Hobbit project.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:40 pm

Future releases - Page 38 AxN7AWK_700b
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:09 pm

Surely Superman should be the pregnant one. Batmans definitely a giver not a taker. Twisted Evil 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:39 pm

Laughing that was actually one of the main discussions on 9gag..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:21 pm

I think Im probably quite ashamed about that then.....

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:01 pm

i just saw that new x-men trailer.. it just left me reallly confused... what is it about?!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:06 pm

It's a sequel to both X-Men: The Last Stand, which was set the in present day, and X-Men: First Class, which was set in the 1960s.  The Last Stand wrapped up the original X-Men trilogy but most people thought it was shitty.  First Class was the studio's second attempt at a prequel, and showed the origins of many of the X-Men during the Cold War.  (Also, Wolverine has had a couple of solo movies with little connection to the series' overarching plot.)

The new movie features both the original actors in the present-day timeline and the reboot actors from the 1960s timeline interacting with each other via time travel.  This is a bit of a strange decision since First Class ignored the backstory of the original films and created its own story, so this film will likely be a giant mess in terms of continuity.  But the trailer did look intriguing, and to be honest, most time-travel movies fall apart if you look at them too closely.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Yavanna Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:11 pm

Oh my gosh, so many trailers, so little time!

Little Favour - Cumberbatch: Are we sure we're not looking at the next James Bond? I predict!

Keloid - Big Lazy Robot: Oh, my. That looks like a man's robot movie, but the mention of "Guardian" has me on edge. Are we talking "Colossus and The Crab?"
If so, a remake would absolutely floor me.

Secret Life of Walter Mitty: I'm afraid that being in love with the Danny Kaye version taints my opinion, however, looks...amusing.

The Grand Budapest Hotel - Feinnes: The cast alone makes it a must see, but it reminds me so of a Blake Edwards movie that I was already smiling with joy.

X-Men: Well, what do you expect?

Now here's another for all of you: "Noah", starring Russell Crowe. Hmmm.
Yavanna
Yavanna
Lucky Number

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:15 pm

I'll see anything with Jennifer Connolly in it. If they had a website of her on camera just reading a book I'd never leave the house.

(Umm...Russell Crowe's pretty good too I guess, but for some reason he doesn't make me go all squishy inside. Shrugging )

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:16 pm

The trailer seems to be playing the Noah story pretty straight, but I've heard that the movie will have more fantastical elements like six-armed angels and giants and whatnot. And Darren Aronofsky is not the sort of director who I'd expect to play it straight. But I can't say the trailer got me that excited. Shrugging

Also, I wish Steve Carell was in this. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:06 pm

Wonder if his daughters still shag him.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:12 pm

wot?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:26 pm

According to the Bible, God had the good sense to save a crabbit drunk, and after the flood the first thing Noah does is get very pissed indeed, and in order to repopulate the world his daughters shag him whilst he's drunk.
Just your typical moral Biblical tale really.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:35 pm

they didnt tell us that at Sunday School. No 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:40 pm

No, the King James version if memory serves cuts that bit out from the older version.
I think now they just skip that paragraph and it jumps to his sons coming in and finding him naked.
Then one of them covers him up, and Noah wakes up and is very crabbit about being covered up and curses one of the sons- still not sure what the message there is mind you.

And his sons go forth and repopulate the earth, presumably with the female members of their family given God has rather tactlessly killed every other living thing not on the Ark.
Got to be impressed by that sort of crabbit rage mind you and I guess incest is ok if God says you can do it, same goes for the offspring of Adam and Eve.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Yavanna Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:55 pm

Good G, I've gone and made a mess of the thread. I like Russell Crowe as an actor, as a person, he can be quite "crabbit"! When he behaves himself he's quite eloquent and a lovely person, especially to other actors. As for Noah's many descendants, I doubt they'll add that part in unless they want to turn it away from family viewing.

On another topic...heh...I saw Gravity. Sandra does a good job. Clooney was...Clooney. For me though, it was a lot of, "Oh G.. D..mit....grab that! Don't do that! And OH...okay...uh...yeah..." There were a few surprises, some delight, others do not.
Things fly about in all sorts of ways, lots of special effects, and finally: HMMMM.
Can't say I loved it as as Space Disaster movie. I didn't yawn though, and that's a good thing.

Further - I saw Captain Phillips, and I recommend it. Nicely done on all levels. Tom Hanks is, well, Tom. That's his charm. He does a bang up job and I applaud him for exercising his capacity to emote - he gets better and better at it as he ages.

*sigh* I need more movies. OH! Well, there's some TV for me tonight. Elementary is on, at least that'll suffice for an hour. Pardon me, must go to the previous pages of this thread and look for something new to watch. *toddles off*
Yavanna
Yavanna
Lucky Number

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:57 pm

Yavanna wrote:Good G, I've gone and made a mess of the thread.
That's what we do here! Very Happy

Future releases - Page 38 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:59 pm

Well Yavanna, since you're in the same fair city, how can you watch Elementary when Sherlock is on? Of course, you've probably seen the episode before, but the quality just doesn't compare.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:02 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:According to the Bible, God had the good sense to save a crabbit drunk, and after the flood the first thing Noah does is get very pissed indeed, and in order to repopulate the world his daughters shag him whilst he's drunk.
You're thinking of Lot, the dude who escaped from Sodom but whose wife was turned into a pillar of salt.  When Noah got drunk one of his sons walked in on him passed out and naked, but there was no sex involved (at least not in my version of the Bible).
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:14 am

See my follow up post Eldo- but even in the King James the bit with the naked Noah is followed by several long lists of the children of Noah and their family line- and who were they breeding with when the only other women left alive were their own mother and their sisters? (Not the first time the Bible has this unwholesome problem- but it should be remembered this was a time period when important people like Pharaohs and city rulers married their family members to keep the line 'pure')

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Yavanna Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:55 am

halfwise wrote:Well Yavanna, since you're in the same fair city, how can you watch Elementary when Sherlock is on?  Of course, you've probably seen the episode before, but the quality just doesn't compare.
Alas, Halfwise, I watched them all recently, right to His Last Bow...I'd rewatch both seasons again if I could bear the pain.
Ah, perhaps I'll go back and watch his portrayal of Steven Hawking. Now that was well done, and actually almost had a peaceful ending.
Or maybe I'll really torture myself into watching Brett's version of Last Bow and The Empty House, which I can recite, word for word.

I'm down in the mouth today, I have a kitty with a cold on my lap. He gets it every year 'round this time, and I feel for him, sniffling and sneezing...I wipe his little nosie for him, and cuddle him endlessly, but that doesn't really help...alas, the saline will have to come out and he'll hate me for a while, not to mention the claw marks that will probably be incurred.

Oh dear...I must watch something to sooth my worried brow...something funny, I think. Perhaps The Mouse The Roared... I'm on a Peter O'Toole kick right now. Just watched half of Lord Jim when my connection crapped out. *pokes the wireless* Load, damn you!
Yavanna
Yavanna
Lucky Number

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:34 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:According to the Bible, God had the good sense to save a crabbit drunk, and after the flood the first thing Noah does is get very pissed indeed, and in order to repopulate the world his daughters shag him whilst he's drunk.
What's your source, Petty? A quick google seems not to show the incest story in the Hebrew Genesis either. So who's "Bible" are you talking about?
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:15 am

Ill have to go digging through my biblical bookcase for that.
Got a book somewhere that goes through all the 'unsavoury' incidents of this type in the various forms of the OT.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:40 am

Subversive libraries are cool!Twisted Evil 
David H
David H