Post by chris63 Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:10 am

Conan

chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Future releases Empty Re: Future releases

Post by chris63 Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:14 am

Rise of the planet of the apes (Andy Serkis)

Didnt no Harry Potters mate was in this.

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/tom-felton-talks-rise-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-cgi-leap?ns_campaign=news&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_source=totalfilm&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

Last edited by chris63 on Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:49 am

I've been looking forward to Cowboys and Aliens for a long time, though the later trailers didn't quite blow me away as much. Here's one of the latest, that's been attached to the final HP movie.

Also, the trailer for Rise of the Planet of the Apes looks better than I'd have expected. Shrugging
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:00 am

Thanks Eldo, that looked pretty good pirat
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:02 am

Also, probably my most anticipated movie for the rest of the year ... Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows! cheers I adored the first movie and the new trailer looks full of win too. I can't wait for this one. Very Happy

And in case anyone forgot how awesome the first one was, or missed it...

My only concern is that Irene Adler seems to have gone missing in the second movie. Ah well, even though it will probably fall prey to sequelitis, I still think it will be a ton of fun and way more entertaining than most movies that come out. Cool

Last edited by Eldorion on Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:03 am

chris63 wrote:Thanks Eldo, that looked pretty good pirat

I definitely hope so. Nod It comes out in the US this weekend and I'll probably see it shortly after it comes out. I'll be sure to share my thoughts here or in one of the other movie threads. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:17 am

The first concept art for Legendary Pictures’ Paradise Lost has appeared online.

The film stars Bradley Cooper as Lucifer and is based on John Milton’s poem of the same name, and follows our anti-hero Satan as he tempts Adam and Eve away from the Garden of Eden (amongst many other nefarious acts).

There's definitely enough drama in the epic source material to give this huge blockbuster potential, but also enough for it to be a crushing disappointment if cack-handedly, erm… handled.

Alex Proyas is at the helm, and we're hoping this one is influenced by his classic The Crow and absolutely nothing like his atrocious Knowing.

Expect an action-packed picture, with the battle between archangels Michael and Lucifer taking centre stage.

No word yet on who will play Michael, but you can expect another big name to be thrown into the ring soon.

chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:18 am

A movie based on Paradise Lost? Starring one of the guys from The Hangover? That ought to be something, though I'm not sure what. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:26 am

Snow White and the Huntsman.

Future releases Snow_w10

Is that a Gondor shield she is holding, looks like the White Tree
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:12 pm

Eldorion wrote:
My only concern is that Irene Adler seems to have gone missing in the second movie.
Ah well, even though it will probably fall prey to sequelitis, I still think it will be a ton of fun and way more entertaining than most movies that come out. Cool

And that's coming from a purist? Sad I will forgive you, because you have not read the books. All that silly love drama in the first film was enough to make me almost as crabbit as Petty - I can only imagine the look on his face had he seen it!

Future releases Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:32 pm

I never did get round to watching that version of Sherlock Holmes- probably for the better. I am slightly curious abou tth elatest oneif only becasue the cgi paddleship in it is in fact not cgi but the rea thing0 the Waverely,the World's last ocean going paddle steamer, and which has plied its trade for several generations taking tourists from Glasgow 'doon the water' to where I am and out to the islands. And its still doing it! Been on it several times, the sound of the big Victorian engines and the beat of the paddles is amazing. Very odd to see it in the trailer with the white cliffs of dover behind it!

[img]Future releases Waverley[/img]

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:06 am

Ringdrotten wrote:
Eldorion wrote:
My only concern is that Irene Adler seems to have gone missing in the second movie.
Ah well, even though it will probably fall prey to sequelitis, I still think it will be a ton of fun and way more entertaining than most movies that come out. Cool

And that's coming from a purist? Sad I will forgive you, because you have not read the books. All that silly love drama in the first film was enough to make me almost as crabbit as Petty - I can only imagine the look on his face had he seen it!

Actually, having done a bit of Googling, it looks like she will be back. Very Happy I'm sure that the movie was quite different from the books, but it was still one helluva good ride (sort of like LOTR Very Happy ). I've seen plenty of better films, but I hadn't had this much fun watching a movie since I saw the original Pirates of the Caribbean. cheers
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:43 am

"quite different from the books"- Eldo

I think you may just have won the understatement of the month award Eldo!
f they must insisit on 'updating' they could at least do it with respect fpr the source. The BBC's Sherlock being a prime example of how to make a modern, engaging, witty version of Holmes which does not pee all over the orginal matter.

Sick of that otherwise lovely bit of music- used way to often in fan vids but the BBC vids are rubbish). New series is being filmed right now whilst Mr Freeman is away from TH set.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:56 am

Quite different indeed. I've said it before I think, but I'll say it again: The film itself wasn't bad, but it wasn't in any way a Sherlock Holmes film. If I made a film about wizards and a boy with black hair, a scar and a pair of glasses and named the film Harry Potter, even if I made the story up myself, I'd probably attract millions of viewers but it wouldn't be a real Harry Potter film. That's what I think the people behind Sherlock Holmes (the film) did. It's a good film in many ways, but to me it seems they wanted to make this wild detective/mystery film and used a character that was already well known and popular to attract viewers.

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:12 pm

GDT's Pacific Rim, this sounds awesome.

http://collider.com/willem-dafoe-rob-kazinsky-pacific-rim/106510/
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:25 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:It's a good film in many ways, but to me it seems they wanted to make this wild detective/mystery film and used a character that was already well known and popular to attract viewers.

Funny, that sounds a lot like how Peter Jackson wanted to make a SFX-heavy fantasy epic and then decided to get the rights to LOTR*, which is a story that was already well-known and popular and attracted a lot of viewers? Very Happy

*PJ's original idea wasn't even to make LOTR, just a fantasy movie, as he has described in several documentary and bonus features. Wink
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:59 pm

Star Wars on blu-ray, the review down the page doesnt sound to good Sad

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Complete-Episodes-Blu-ray/dp/B003ZSJ212/ref=pd_rhf_shvl_3
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:06 pm

That review sums up a lot of my own feelings towards Lucas on this one.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:21 pm

Does that mean we have to wait another year before the full updated conversion comes out ?
And isnt it going to be converted into 3D ? Sure i heard that somewhere.
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:03 pm

Eldorion wrote:

Funny, that sounds a lot like how Peter Jackson wanted to make a SFX-heavy fantasy epic and then decided to get the rights to LOTR*, which is a story that was already well-known and popular and attracted a lot of viewers? Very Happy

True Very Happy Laughing But if you decide to read the Sherlock Holmes books one day you'll see what I mean - even Jackson was true to the books in comparison Wink

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:27 pm

Fair enough. Smile I was pretty sure even before my brother (who is a Holmes book fan) started complaining that the Holmes of the book wasn't really an action star. Very Happy In any event, Baingil things I should read the Holmes books, so I might have to some time. Cool
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:44 pm

It would be wise, my friend Wink

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Baingil Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:03 pm

Eldorion wrote:Fair enough. Smile I was pretty sure even before my brother (who is a Holmes book fan) started complaining that the Holmes of the book wasn't really an action star. Very Happy In any event, Baingil things I should read the Holmes books, so I might have to some time. Cool

I haven't seen the movie, but then, I've never seen any Sherlock Holmes movies/shows that really stick with the books at all. Which is a pity; I think The Valley of Fear would make an awesome movie!
Baingil
Baingil
Guest of Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:16 pm

I agree, it's one of my favourite books of the series Smile You should check out this show. Petty and GB recommended it to me and it's great. If you want a show that sticks with the books, this is the one Smile (The actors who play Holmes and Watson are excellent too).

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:21 pm

Couldn't agree more. Superb adaptations of the books and characters.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next