Ringdrotten
Eldorion
chris63
24 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Future releases - Page 35 Empty Re: Future releases

Post by Norc Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:30 pm

he's an actor for gods sake, sometimes he has to wear stupid stuff that makes him look weird, but he plays a guy with horrible white hair and a terrible aussie accents. cummon.

yes, petty, i am curious to see where they stand on this too. there is some debate on whether the allegations are just false, just to shut him up or if he actually did it. I know Julian Assange doesn't support the movie. that's all i know.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:21 pm

They were certainly very conveniently timed accusations.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:47 am

Assange looks infinitely better when he's not bleaching his hair. #truefacts
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:47 pm

anyway guys that film by Cuaron called Gravity is gonna be the epic we were all waiting for this year, I have read the reviews and it sounds AMAZING, and its Cuaron, how bad could it be? There was a lot of cast changes and it very nearly didnt get made, they even wanted that overpriced actress Jolie to play the lead, yuck it would have been crap, but Sandra Bullock I like, I never used to but I saw her really act in The Tree of Life, I am really quite excited by this film, I would say its going to be this or Elysium that I will like a lot.

Petty you are right about the Vin D film looking like Pitch Black derivative, but Vin D is Vin D its all good.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:10 pm

Really looking forward to Elysium and Gravity, although I'm not entirely sure about Gravity since its trailer looks more like the premise of a short film.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:30 pm

I think theres a twist in the tale. one blogger said it was the new 2001 Space Odyssey Shocked  dont know about that, but phew thats pretty exciting. another guy said it was like it was as if Avatar had come out a week after the Jazz Singer in 1920s it was that far ahead of anything out now. Shocked  yeah I am not sure thats not eggsageration, but if its true its cool.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:54 pm

Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:27 pm

this looks pretty good. its out August.
A unique blend of documentary, alternative history and science fiction thriller, EUROPA REPORT follows a contemporary mission to Jupiter's moon Europa to investigate the possible existence of alien life within our solar system. pale its got some good reviews too.

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:58 pm

Loki made his appearence at comic con this year Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:04 pm

sum-up of upcoming sci-fi films

'Elysium'

After things fell apart on a Peter Jackson-produced “Halo” movie back in 2006, Jackson and first-time director Neill Blomkamp recycled some of their ideas and instead released “District 9.” Now, with “Elysium,” Blomkamp’s sophomore film, the South African director is building on the same kind of socially conscious sci-fi that made “District 9” so successful.

Set in the year 2159 when Earth has become an overcrowded slum and the wealthiest citizens all live on a luxurious space station, “Elysium” stars Matt Damon as an ex-con who gets wrapped up in a plot to bring equality to the two worlds. Along with Damon, the film also stars Jodie Foster and Sharlto Copley of "District 9" and is set to open in August.

'Gravity'

Written and directed by Mexican filmmaker Alfonso Cuarón, who is probably best known to most audiences for his work on “Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban,” “Gravity” stars Sandra Bullock. In a role that’s being compared to Tom Hanks in “Castaway,” the Oscar-winning actress plays an astronaut struggling to survive on a crippled spacecraft while desperately trying to make it back home to Earth and her daughter.

Even though it won’t hit theaters until October, the effects-heavy sci-fi spectacle is already receiving huge praise, including from other filmmakers. Del Toro called it “completely mind-blowing,” predicting that it could forever change the way movies are made.

And for anyone that appreciated the technical virtuosity of Cuarón’s last feature, 2006’s “Children of Men,” “Gravity” is rumored to open with an incredible 17-minute sequence shot that should satisfy even the most jaded film buffs.

'Tomorrowland'

With a release date set for December 2014, this upcoming sci-fi project from Disney is more than a little ways off, but it’s already shaping up to be one of the most intriguing movies on the horizon.

That’s partially because, so far, there isn’t a whole lot of concrete information about what exactly “Tomorrowland” will be.

What is known is that Pixar veteran Brad Bird will direct a film based on a screenplay by “Lost” co-creator Damon Lindelof. Currently, George Clooney is set to star.

But that’s about it.

Back when the project was still known by its codename, “1952,” reports claimed it would be a sci-fi film in the vein of Steven Spielberg’s “Close Encounters of the Third Kind.” There were even rumors at one point that this could actually be "Star Wars: Episode VII."

However, the recent announcement of an official title and some mysterious tidbits posted on Bird’s Twitter account have led to even wilder rumors, some claiming it has to do with Buck Rogers or even the creation of Disneyland as a massive cover-up for UFOs.

Whatever “Tomorrowland” does turn out to be, it’s definitely one to keep an eye on.

'Jupiter Ascending'

Also set for release in 2014 is the latest film epic from the Wachowski siblings, who revolutionized the sci-fi genre with 1999’s “The Matrix.”

The first in a proposed trilogy, “Jupiter Ascending” will star Mila Kunis as a poor Russian immigrant whose genetic makeup could be the key to mankind’s progress in a universe where humans are on the bottom of the evolutionary ladder. In what sounds like a sci-fi riff on the Snow White story, this draws the attention of the Queen of the Universe, who hires an assassin to kill the young woman.

Along with Kunis, “Jupiter Ascending” is set to star Channing Tatum, Eddie Redmayne and Sean Bean (Boromir from “The Fellowship of the Ring”) as a “Han Solo-type character.”

Depending on how much you’ve enjoyed the Wachowski siblings’ post-“Matrix” careers, including the recent box-office dud “Cloud Atlas,” this one may or may not sound all that appealing.

'Transcendence'

Produced by Christopher Nolan, “Transcendence” will mark the directorial debut of Wally Pfister, the Academy Award-winning cinematographer who has shot every one of Nolan’s films since “Memento.”

“Transcendence” is still in development, so plot details are pretty scarce. Pfister himself has remained tight-lipped, offering the rather unhelpful summary of "a present-day science fiction film." According to The Wrap, however, the movie will star Johnny Depp as “a scientist whose brain is uploaded into a supercomputer,” and it will deal with pretty high-brow concepts like singularity, nanotechnology and artificial intelligence.

'Interstellar'

Not to be outdone by his cinematographer, Nolan is prepping his own brainy sci-fi project with his brother/writing partner Jonathan Nolan.

“Interstellar,” which was originally developed as a possible directorial effort for Steven Spielberg back in 2006, is said to be based on the scientific theories of Kip S. Thorne, a theoretical physicist, astrophysicist and expert on relativity at Caltech who postulated that time travel could be possible with wormholes.

Beyond that, not much else is known.

'Absolutely Anything'

Finally, what could turn out to be the most head-scratching sci-fi movie of them all is this “sci-fi farce” that will finally reunite most of the original cast of Monty Python.

Written and directed by former Python Terry Jones, whose last directing gig was 1996’s “The Wind in the Willows,” “Absolutely Anything” is about a teacher who receives help from a group of extraterrestrials (played by Jones and his fellow Pythons John Cleese, Michael Palin and Terry Gilliam), only to discover that he’s been endowed with omnipotence.

“Star Trek: Into Darkness” villain Benedict Cumberbatch has also been rumored for a role, and Robin Williams is reportedly set to play the voice of a CGI dog.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:55 pm

Benedict!!! cheers
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:17 am

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:14 am

i am looking forward to the new penguins of madagascar movie Very Happy
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=38368

Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:34 am

That vids showing up as private Chris. Mad 

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:53 pm

"world war z", just saw it, i deeply recommend it. i was scared to death. the music was really good, always action, the zombies were good and there was a really badass chick in it, she's my new hero.

also Capaldi as a W.H.O doctor (in Cardiff).. that's funny.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:59 pm

zombies were good - Norc

Dont try to trick me! Ive seen the trailers- those arent proper zombies- zombies are slow, they shuffle and moan a bit, they dont form zombie pyramids! Mad Its even worse than 28 days later Mad 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:01 pm

srsly? that's what makes it scary as fuck!!! also, making pyramids makes me think of them like... ants.. they're fucking terrifying. also. glasgow.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:02 pm

Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:03 pm

also the music was good. and the story wasn't too bad either.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:00 pm

Is a photogenic city is Glasgow- and the violence there is completely free in real life and you dont have to wait for a zombie apocalypse to get some. Twisted Evil 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:38 pm

it's a nice city, minus the zombies..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:08 pm

Future releases - Page 35 RDK_StandeeWebArt_0731_4_SM%255B2%255D

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:14 pm

I was watching a trailor for that last night, I like the old Vin Diesel films ! Great fun, Very Happy
In fact the one Im not keen on, (looks to cheesy) is the one with Will Smith & son "After Earth" ?
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:38 pm

I am very much looking forward to these three films.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:13 pm

Yeah, the "Walter Mitty" one looks good ! I do love films & before I joined this rag tag rabble (God, how I luv em ! Very Happy ) I absorbed myself in films a lot, its kinda waned off a tad but, I like to keep my nose in ! Very Happy 

Future releases - Page 35 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Future releases - Page 35 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next