Future releases - Page 5 C1wur
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Future releases - Page 5 Empty Re: Future releases

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:17 am

Sad but probably true Eldo. Its close to being decent is the pity. And it does annoying things there is no real reason for. For example in Carpenter they find videofootage of the Norwegans discovering the craft in the ice and they spread out in a circle to mark its boundary- but it doesnt happen in the prequal. (A double shame as that footage itself was a nod by Carpenter back to the 50's original The Thing From Outer Space). Its silly inconstitancies like that don't help endear it.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:29 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Its got to be an alien prequal. Its shot similar to alien and they are even using the scary alien music on that.

Talking of prequals I saw the Thing prequal, mysteriously also called The Thing, which is a bit confusing. It is a prequal, but it doesn't quite fit. Or rather the ending doesn't, and the bit of the ending which does fit, whilst suitable feels like an afterthought- not least because its intercut with the end credits. The stroy it is telling suffers from the completely pointless and needless interjecting of an American woman, who as far as I could tell's only purpose was so it wasn't all Norweigans and they'd have to speak english- becasue her charcater and what passes for her stroy is not enough to put on a stamp.
The cgi varies from very good to a bit ropey. The best incarnation of the Thing in ti owes its design to the charred remains retreaved in Carpenters film. I definetly prefer the physical prop effects of Carpenters over the cgi. But mainly this one lacks most of the tension and paranoia of Carpenters version and without those its pretty weak. And having watched it, the actual events are so similar, but not as good, as to what happens in Carpenters the overall impression I was left with was why bother?

Well there goes my night out, thanks Sad santa rendeer Pokey Tongue Shrugging lol!
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:40 am

Sorry Chris. Tell it like I see it, I got bored in the middle of this, that never happeed with Carpenters or with the 50's original. Its not exactly a bad film, its just hard to see the point of it.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:23 am

Official Prometheus trailer

chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:15 pm

Well that answers some questions.

Alien style fade in font?

Future releases - Page 5 Vlcsnap-2011-12-23-12h08m25s42

Future releases - Page 5 Vlcsnap-2011-12-23-12h08m33s111

Check!

Things grabbing people by the face inside helmets?

Future releases - Page 5 Vlcsnap-2011-12-23-12h08m40s178

Check!

Alien crashed ship?

Future releases - Page 5 Vlcsnap-2011-12-23-12h09m37s250

Check!

Big turret thingy from Alien?

Future releases - Page 5 Vlcsnap-2011-12-23-12h09m14s243

Check!

Definently an Alien film then!! Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:26 pm

Are we going to be doing a lot of frame-by-frame analysis of trailers now that we have practice from The Hobbit? Very Happy

I'm not a fan of the Alien franchise so I'm a bit unsure of seeing this, but it looks interesting and has a long list of great actors attached to it so I don't know... Shrugging
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:38 pm

Gets about that Cumberbatch.
According to the BBC:

'Sherlock actor Benedict Cumberbatch is to star in the next Star Trek movie, his publicist has confirmed.
The 35-year-old British actor's role has not been disclosed, although reports suggest he will portray a villain in the sci-fi sequel.
The actor will next been seen on the big screen in Steven Spielberg's adaptation of War Horse.

Another British actor, Noel Clarke, has been announced as a new member of the cast, although his exact role has yet to be disclosed.'

He was Mickey in Doctor Who for the Who fans, Rose's boyfriend. He's also directed a couple of indie films.

Trying to picture Cumberbatch as a Klingon (they've got to reboot them sometime they're the bad guys of the ST universe in Kirks time).

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:40 pm

Cumberbatch was in Warhorse? Hmm, now I might actually want to see that movie...

Future releases - Page 5 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:36 pm

Warhorse seems a lovely movie, a mile better than that Sherlcok film that I last saw... Wink

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:27 pm

Very true Ally, but I'm just a bit turned off from Speilberg movies because they're all more or less the same level of intensity, which is a bit too mundane for me.

Future releases - Page 5 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:37 pm

Sounds like a lassie movie, just a horse instead of a dog.
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:45 pm

Whilst the Paranormal Activity movies have made a multi-million pound success out of the found footage genre, it's refreshing to note that there’s still room in Hollywood’s affections for an old-fashioned ghost story, as witnessed by the arrival of The Woman In Black.

A new poster has now been released for the haunted house saga, and its every bit as eerie as you might expect, with the titular lady surrounded by a clutch of ghostly children.

Daniel Radcliffe is the lucky man who gets to disturb the spectral inhabitants at Eel Marsh house, when his young lawyer is dispatched there to sort out the affairs of a recently deceased client.

From the looks of the glut of trailers that have been released so far, this one looks as though it will be a genuinely hair-raising experience, boasting creeping suspense and sudden shocks in equal measure.

If Radcliffe thought a baldy bloke without a nose was the worst he could expect to face off against in his cinematic career, he’d better think again. The Woman In Future releases - Page 5 New-po10Black opens in the UK on 10 February 2012

chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:53 pm

I've only really heard anything about this movie from Harry Potter fans talking about the Daniel Radcliffe angle, but it sounds like an interesting film to me. I'm not too keen on the horror genre but I might give it a try. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:18 pm

Shall have to check this out- a proper ghost story would be right up my street. (last good one I saw was the Korean one R-Point).

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:10 pm

Looking forward to seeing this.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:52 pm

That looks fascinating. I had no idea it was based on Shakespeare until the final title screen. According to Wikipedia it gets released in the U.S. in a few days so I'll keep my eyes open for it. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:36 am

Prometheus

Future releases - Page 5 Promet11
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:34 pm

Karl Urban as Judge Dredd

Future releases - Page 5 New-dr10
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:45 pm

A new image has been released from upcoming sci-fi flick John Carter, and it looks as though our eponymous hero has landed himself in a very sticky situation...

The beastie seen here making all the commotion is known as a White Ape, and will make its entrance in one of the film’s climactic set-pieces. In Edgar Rice Burroughs’ source material, the apes are commonplace foes faced by Carter from the outset, but director Andrew Stanton has bigger plans for the hulking great brutes.

“They’re sort of an oversized gorilla in the books,” explains Stanton to Entertainment Weekly, “and they’re kind of ubiquitous. They’re littered everywhere through at least the first several novels. They were always cool, just from a visceral standpoint, [but] they don’t really have a narrative function in the first book."

“So what we did is we made the White Apes a formidable creature that you kind of hear about throughout the movie, but you never really witness. There’s a subtle sense of anticipation for what these things might be like. Then Michael Kutsche came up with this design. He made them nocturnal… they stopped using their eyes, and just had a heightened sense of smell. We just love that.”

“We needed a scene where Carter was going have to get out of his execution sentence in order to move the story forward,” he continues, “and we thought what better way than having to go up against this formidable creature.”

So how will our hero get out of this predicament? Well according to Stanton, it won’t be easy…

“He’s not Superman,” says the director. “He has this one Superman-like ability where he can leap farther than we can here [on Earth]. But it’s like being a man on the moon. It can’t be forever.”

“This green species called Tharks, they know his one special jumping ability, so they chain him to a rock. It’s entertainment. It’s entertainment to watch this execution. They give him a nice long length of chain, so he can bounce around, but he can’t go out of the arena. It’s an interesting problem to have for that guy.”

John Carter stars Taylor Kitsch as the titular space adventurer, and arrives in UK cinemas on 9 March 2012.

Future releases - Page 5 New-jo10
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:47 pm

Booo! That Dredd is terrible looking. Whats with the uniform? Where the shoulder pad and the eagle? That aint no Dredd! Evil or Very Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:45 pm

If u are critizing the Sherlock Homes movie with RDjr and blabla.. I think it, well it is not terrible but it is not Sherlock. More like mission impossilbe from the 1800 with some borrowed characters and a kick ass elf female. With the bbc version I actually can follow the crime they are actually trying to solve without being interuptet by endles fighting in slow motion!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:52 pm

Saw the Sherlock movie a couple of times last year, didn't enjoy it greatly. It was more of a Bond film than anything else. Most of the film wasn't even in England, and while it was cinematically present in terms of location, I wasn't too fussed about the plot either. Seen worse though, not a terrible film. I think seeing the BBC's Sherlock has made me slightly biased- I remember liking the first Sherlock! Smile

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:54 pm

Who you asking Norc? If it was me I was critiscing the look of the Judge Dredd uniform in the new film. Not Dredd at all. Dont understand changes like that- the Dredd look and silhoutte is iconic-why change it?

The Sherlock film- I only watched the first half hour- made me want to hurt small animals. Evil or Very Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:02 pm

can't say I've seen that one Petty Wink
I was talking about the one with Robert downey jr something. They even said Oslo! OSLO! it was named Kristiania at that time! D: gawd..
No, Ally, it is not a terrible movie, but it isn't one of my favoruites. I can watch it and laugh and enjoy, but it is simple minded and I prefer BBC Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next