Forumshire Has Talent!

5 posters

Go down

Forumshire Has Talent! Empty Forumshire Has Talent!

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:46 pm

For this years Elven Disco and Picnic (begins 28th August) I have prepared a concert, welll sort of, Orwell's band, as announced in the Daily Purist recently, will be performing their debut single 'Black Akubra Hat'. But what about a bigger concert? Any talent in Forumshire- record a song or poem or a joke or whatever you like, send it to me, then on the day of the Concert it will uploaded to youtube and premiered here at the concert on Forumshire before the Queen.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Forumshire Has Talent! Empty Thanks for the invitation!

Post by The Wobbit A Parody Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:39 pm

PT-

I will get my 16-yaer-old daughter involved in sending you a few songs from my comedy act, The Amazing Howe Brothers. I'm clueless about how to do it myself.

There's a few AHB songs that might still be funny 20 years later. For this international audience, would a song about White Castle Hamburgers be appropriate? Or is that a strictly American fast food? It was a popular song (in a very small way) in Chicago.

-Paul
The Wobbit A Parody
The Wobbit A Parody
Ringwinner

http://thewobbitaparody.com

Back to top Go down

Forumshire Has Talent! Empty Re: Forumshire Has Talent!

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:30 pm

Hey its a party so long as theres a tune. And speaking as a Scotshobbit I have no idea who, what or where White Castle Hamburgers might be. Very Happy But that doesn't matter.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:38 am

Oooooooooh..... Been on nightshift (including ridiculous quick change overs), feeling blue actually, not being able to visit Forumshire at all, or too rooted to raise the energy, and then when I pop in for a quick peek, I find out I'm invited to attend an inaugral Forumshire concert ---- cooool.... Very Happy Sadly, it's off to work again, but at least now I have something to look forward to! This for you, Petty... Kissing

As to White Castle, Paul, who cares? Funny is funny (and we've got Google to look up "White Castle" if we don't get the jokes at first - job's done). Very Happy

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:22 am

Oh Orwell, I never knew you cared so much! Embarassed It must be the kilt- it can have this effect on the unguarded you know. Shocked But can't have you going about the place feeling blue, a nice mauve maybe but not blue. Feeling blue- thats my job, I've got the training in crabbit skills to deal with it. It should not be attempted by amatuers- I reccomend a course of abstenteeism, alcoholism (and a third 'ism' of your choice) and good company. Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Baingil Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:50 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:and a third 'ism' of your choice

Antidisestablishmentarianism, maybe? Whatever that is?
Baingil
Baingil
Guest of Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:20 pm

I suspect that might be a bit to much of a religous stance for Orwell to take. And what would Tin say?! Shocked

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Baingil Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:48 am

But it has such a fun name! Very Happy
Baingil
Baingil
Guest of Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Baingil Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:52 am

Oh, and also, if I can think of something to record I will. Shrugging I occasionally try my hand at poetry. (I also sometimes try my hand at singing, but I can't compose and don't have decent equipment! Oh, and I don't play any instrument.)
Baingil
Baingil
Guest of Eagles

Back to top Go down

Forumshire Has Talent! Empty Thanks, Orwell!

Post by The Wobbit A Parody Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:54 am

As to White Castle, Paul, who cares? Funny is funny (and we've got Google to look up "White Castle" if we don't get the jokes at first - job's done). Very Happy

You make an excellent point, and I appreciate your support. But having puzzled through A.R.R. Roberts The Soddit where I didn't get the jokes that involved Scottish accents (not having spoken with many Scots), I hope to keep my jokes internationally accessible.

I have a HILARIOUS song about Berwyn, Illinois (a suburb of Chicago), but it wouldn't be fair to the rest of the world that doesn't live within an easy drive of O'Hare Airport.

-Paul

Last edited by The Wobbit A Parody on Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
The Wobbit A Parody
The Wobbit A Parody
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:22 am

Oh Paul, will you just let your hair down (if you have any) and just DO IT... Rolling Eyes

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Saradoc Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:42 am

Orwell, I don't care how much you're getting paid; please stop this sutble advertising! But I do think Paul should do it, for after all, impossible is nothing!

King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. That is why I am your king.

Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
Saradoc
Saradoc
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Forumshire Has Talent! Empty Consider it done

Post by The Wobbit A Parody Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:41 am

As soon as I can consult with my teen daughter on the techincal issues, I will send you "Sliders (The White Castle Hamburger Song)", "Are You Going To Hardrock Cafe", and "Let's All Do The Sartre."

Who am I to oppose the wills of Orwell and PT?
The Wobbit A Parody
The Wobbit A Parody
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:06 am

Good man Wobbit! Knew I could count on you.
Any one else wanting to join in the fun and be a part of the concert and not just a spectator? Roll up! Roll up!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:06 am

I would post a song or two --- have no idea how though --- and would be better with a video to go with it anyhow.... Sad

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Baingil Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:18 am

I've decided I don't want to record a poem - too much work, and I have a bad microphone. On the other hand, if you'd like a poem, I have no problem with sending in an existing one of mine or writing a new one. Shrugging
Baingil
Baingil
Guest of Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:28 am

Oh dear- should have called this thread Forumshire can't be a**#d! So far this concert consist of one band (Orwell's) and me setting off fireworks badly. Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:07 am

I haven't see any "Orwell" clips yet? Are you sure any exist, Petty, or are you all talk and no action?

{{{{{What! Threaten to withold "Orwell" clips if I don't download Megaedits! Blackmail of the worse kind! No wonder I'm getting crabbit! Watching PJ's travesty again doesn't help either - even if it has been fixed as best it can be! Mad }}}}}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:10 am

Have faith Orwell. These things take time. At the moment there are no clips because I have not rendered anything out yet- still creating the blooming thing in the programs. If you have Adobe After Affects I could send you the very complicated project file and you will see the work done so far!! If not, with respect to the artist you undoubtably are- button it and await the result!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:34 am

Oh you honourable (and sweet talkin') hobbit - how could I have ever doubted you? Laughing {{{{{When you've made me famous, I shall definitely share the profits with you... Err... but don't give up your day job yet!}}}}}}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:55 pm

Orwell wrote:Oh you honourable (and sweet talkin') hobbit - how could I have ever doubted you?  Laughing

Yeah right!  Sad 

Orwell

Back to top Go down