Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
halfwise
Forest Shepherd
azriel
14 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever - Page 28 Empty Re: Just...................whatever

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:18 pm

Thumbs Up
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever - Page 28 Empty Re: Just...................whatever

Post by halfwise Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:30 am

I found the first two frustrating: he'd show Camden pubs, but never go inside; didn't see the Camden market in action. City churches are often open, but all we see are courtyards. I flipped through those and gave up.

The Highgate vid was more satisfying, because a cemetary and parks are all about outdoors.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:42 pm

I think he was filming during lockdown and probably all the pubs were closed due to restrictions. It does look spookily empty, London is never that quiet normally. On the other hand it being empty gives him the chance to do the tour in peace and quiet. The market would be frustrating though as it is normally so alive and bustling. maybe he will go back once its back to normal. I just like his style of narrating, and the fact he seems to have a steadycam.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:32 pm

Me want.  Used in The Godfather III.  Only $6.8 million,  seems a steal.  If anybody wants to loan me a few $$ I'll save a guest bedroom for you.  (Call soon, before Clooney notices).

https://www.jamesedition.com/real_estate/acireale-italy/magnificent-castle-dating-back-to-1800-with-private-park-11723579

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:41 pm

{{{ If it was the old days when you could get 10p for trading in a glass bottle at your local shop I could probably buy it by shifting the small empty buckie bottle mountain behind the barrel. }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:54 pm

They don't give you anything anymore? We can still turn in, but it seems to only make a moderate dent in the litter outside the cities. People in the cities tend to make their money going through other people's trash, though they likely pull the occasional bottle out of the gutter.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:59 pm

{{ No its all recycling these days, the local council provide bottle banks dotted about the place, you take your glass there and sort according to colour, clear, brown, green. But your just basically binning it, you dont get anything for doing except satisfaction your at least trying to save the planet a bit. }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:29 pm

Just...................whatever - Page 28 Take_y10

There's something about this I love Laughing

Just...................whatever - Page 28 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Just...................whatever - Page 28 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:36 pm

Laughing yeah me too.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:15 am

Just...................whatever - Page 28 All_th10

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:28 pm

I was wondering why this was on a democracy site, then saw the split. The size looks about right.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:16 am

I was just kinda blown away by how little there is of the stuff, relatively.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:09 am

{{ Found this handy for setting up your tv for best picture. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:21 am

Only watched the first few minutes, but a quick summary seems to be "don't mess with the factory settings".   I never saw the point in bothering. Individual photos can be enhanced, but there's so much variation between shots it seems a fool's errand to attempt to pick one set of adjustments for video.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:27 am

{{ Should watch more then as the message is always change the default settings as they are rubbish! (and gives good explanations of why you should- the example from fellowship is a good one- but basically the levels the industry uses in film for many things are for some reason not what most tvs are default set to, giving too much grain, smearing, ghosting, wrong colours etc) }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:03 pm

This is basic stuff, but how do you send images to other people via email. The people I need to send the photos to need a lot of photos that I have saved on my computer in my pictures section. They are going to publish these photos I have found on Google images but they are of various sizes and I don't know how to send a file in (jpg or tiff resolution 300 DPI) but I don't know what that means. Is it easy? What happened was I wrote my masters thesis and turned it into a book written in Italian. At the time that I did the masters I used pictures that I found on the internet. I don't know anything about publishing rights, but the publishing house has asked me to send the pictures that I want to be put into the book. Some of the photos I have asked for permission when its obvious who owns them, but the others are just random photos with no person at the other end I can contact. Anyway my more pressing concerns are how to send and convert my file in high resolution jpg tiff in 300 DPI or whatever they want. help!
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:38 pm

Sending is easy, just look for some button that says "attach" or looks like a paperclip.

For resizing you need an application, but if you have some photo application you should find a "resize" command on it. It may be a button with a small square inside a large square. Perhaps microsoft has something built in, but I don't use microsoft. There are tons of free photo applications out there if you don't have one. Look for the simplest one you can find.

Photo applications can also change the format: use "save as".

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:07 pm

cheers Halfy, I will let you all know when the book is published. Thumbs Up its my first time so I know diddly squat about contracts and publishing and all that jazz.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:00 am

Good on yer Mrs Figg !! Very Happy Good luck Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:00 am

Just...................whatever - Page 28 Tesco_10

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:30 am

Embarassed

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:57 pm

Laughing thats a good one.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:21 am

https://www.boredpanda.com/diy-why-projects/?fbclid=IwAR0cQiCYo8yJxhGXQwwDMqrzxEn0yJ2w0M259mWpEVEMJXXqaHz9ANZvNZs&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:30 pm

I like the foam dish rack.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:04 pm

{{ Highly recommended YouTube channel for anyone looking for something to listen to for half an hour to an hour (on average) - Bitesized audio classics- short stories and the like, mainly from the late 1800's onwards, superbly read (his voice is particularly suited to this era of writing) and just really good stuff and a good chance to hear a lot of short stories you may never otherwise have come across. }}

https://www.youtube.com/c/BitesizedAudioClassics/featured

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum