Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
halfwise
Forest Shepherd
azriel
14 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever - Page 34 Empty Re: Just...................whatever

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:25 am

{{ Glad youre feeling better Figg. Had it bit rough few days myself, hoping Im through worst of whatever hell it was.

This is mind twisting-

Caused by something called laminar flow-

'This incredible phenomenon is caused by streamline (laminar) flow, which states that when low velocity liquid flows in parallel layers without lateral mixing or other interruptions, its presentation is very orderly and very still.' }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever - Page 34 Empty Re: Just...................whatever

Post by halfwise Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:06 am

Laminar flow is a result not a cause. But I've never seen laminar flow with such structure before.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:53 pm

Today's adventure.

Just...................whatever - Page 34 20220711
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:11 pm

Looks almost antique!

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:17 pm

Well, she was built and flying in the 50s, so not far off of an antique.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:07 pm

https://fb.watch/ejJcXtigkM/

Just...................whatever - Page 34 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Just...................whatever - Page 34 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:13 pm

I thought the engines had to rotate downwards to do that. Must be using deflector plates, but I can't make them out. Surprised they would do this so close to small craft.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:35 pm

Just had my first book published in Italian. That is my life's ambition sorted then. Its about an Italian artist who went to work for the king of Siam in 1911-12. It should be out soon, its being printed.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:20 pm

cheers    I seem to remember you mentioning this before, I think it's non fiction - is it accessible to the general public? Is it the kind of thing the general public might want to read or is it more academic? Good history has a large market if oriented to the non-historian.

I was gonna get really excited and buy it, but it's in Italian.    Neutral   If it does well, might you translate into English?

In any case, post any publicity here. And, this is your jumping off point to come intern at the Met. :brows:

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:50 pm

Okay, scrolling back about a dozen pages I see that it's basically your master's thesis translated into Italian by your professor. Do you think you can rewrite it in more colloquial language for the wide world of English reading non historians? I love few things more than a good popular history book, and if you come up with a catchy title I think it would sell.

"Renaissance Artists in Old Siam" isn't catchy enough. "When Michelangelo Danced with the King of Siam" would do it, though a bold-faced lie. Maybe "Michelangelo Dancing with the King of Siam" would be clearly fanciful enough to be taken as metaphor.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:49 pm

halfwise wrote:I thought the engines had to rotate downwards to do that.  Must be using deflector plates, but I can't make them out.  Surprised they would do this so close to small craft.

If you are referring to the video Az sent, the thrust is vectored through 4 nozzles that adjust position as required for flight.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:50 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:Just had my first book published in Italian. That is my life's ambition sorted then. Its about an Italian artist who went to work for the king of Siam in 1911-12. It should be out soon, its being printed.

Congratulations!!!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:59 pm

Ah, 4 small nozzles - too small to see in that video.   I could swear I saw somewhere an entire engine that would swivel.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:33 pm

cheers guys. Its very difficult switching from academic writing to book writing. its a different audience, but I could give it a go. It should be available on Amazon eventually.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:44 pm

Yes, it's different, but should be more fun. Still work though you're not starting from scratch. Only you know if it's a topic that might have general interest. Any scandalous stories associated with it?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:19 pm

nice one Figgs, does it have a pretty cover? Book covers are very important, it's how I choose which ones I want to read. Thumbs Up

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:29 pm

Needs to have the body of an Italian artist splayed over the sparkling marble steps of a temple in a luridly colored tropical forest with a knife sticking out of his back, blood dripping down the steps.

"Death in Expressionist Siam"

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:43 pm

This is on the cover.

Just...................whatever - Page 34 1-para11
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:06 pm

No dead bodies?  This isn't really a beach chair book, is it?

Last edited by halfwise on Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:36 pm

Its political/art history not Mills and Boon. Rolling Eyes  There's no bare-chested Fabio ripping bodices on a white horse, no scandals, and definitely no shagging. Laughing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:42 pm

Well, dammit. Are there at least some interesting characters? It's sounding unlikely.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:47 pm

king Anna seemed to think so.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:50 pm

AHA! There's your hook. Go at least partly into that story as a framing device. That's got sex and scandal. Then drape your artists into that story. Did she have anything to do with the artists from Europe coming in?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:58 pm

Congratulations Figgy old bean ! Id be over the moon cheers Cheerleader

Just...................whatever - Page 34 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Just...................whatever - Page 34 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:46 pm

Thanks Az Kissing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum