We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in!

+11
chris63
Mirabella
odo banks
Orwell
malickfan
Forest Shepherd
Mrs Figg
David H
azriel
halfwise
Amarië
15 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 37 Empty Re: We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in!

Post by halfwise Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:35 pm

Actually the second is often worse because the body is ready with a bigger immune response.  If she got sick as a dog I don't blame her.  Probably a youngster with a more reactive immune system.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 37 Empty Re: We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in!

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:13 pm

I read the exact opposite, the second jab is not as bad.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:44 pm

My mom finally got her first jab. Going to be so relieved when both of them have had both doses. MiL is a care worker, she got one dose of astra zenica a while ago, and she has no idea if she will get dose nr 2 or not. Finrod and I were hoping we'd be offered vaccine in the last part of summer, so we could go abroad. But that doesn't seem too likely anymore. There are few covid cases around here, but they pop up here and there.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:48 pm

stopping the J&J vaccine has really messed things up here. I hope they decide to start back on track tomorrow.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:18 pm

6 in a million ain't bad odds. They need to restart it.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:12 pm

I know, its ridiculous, its probably more dangerous taking paracetamol. All drugs have a tiny risk, I am sure they realise it.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:25 pm

AZ is now so shit that the EU might not renew its contract. It promised 180m doses, it sent 30m doses. All the other vaccine makers honoured their contracts.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:40 pm

I wonder if a second dose by a vaccine using a similar process will work?

It's really crappy that AZ cratered under pressure.  This will have worldwide repercussions.  They need to be propped up to fulfill their quota.

Last edited by halfwise on Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:43 pm

They have the doses already, they just chose to fulfil their promise to other countries like the UK first. They don't have production problems, they have attitude problems.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:42 am

They definitely have production problems... they don't just have doses sitting there not going anywhere, they are going towards other contractual obligations. Which is more important?

With the blood clot risk, I would assume if you rolled out any treatment to a few hundred million people there will be some adverse reactions and a few people may regrettably die. 

I dont understand why there is such a big issue here other than to identify why and maybe stop higher risk people from taking it. But that doesn't outweigh the risk, particularly getting the same blood clot from covid itself.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:28 pm

They are not fulfilling their contractual obligations to the EU, by 150 million doses, there is zero excuse for that seeing as they have the doses to send to low risk countries like Oz. They were sending doses to low risk countries while the EU was going through the deadly 3rd wave. They also said the UK  had precedence, and it did. Other vaccine makers had problems but they still honoured the contracts and without the apparent obtuse and flip responses of AZ. They deserve to be cut from any further contracts until they give us the fucking jabs. On a personal note, directly because of AZ I wont be getting jabbed until fucking July. Everyone else of my age group in the UK got theirs months ago. So you will have to pardon me if I take it personally.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:50 pm

{{ I believe the EU were slower out the starting blocks than countries like the UK in putting in their orders and getting a deal, so the company had to honour those first and that didnt leave enough in production to meet the promises to the EU block. But I think a large part of the blame for this lies with the EU and oddly enough it has been one of the very few tangible benefits to Brexit that we werent part of the EU negotating deal.

On the blood-clot thing it does concern me, I go for my second jab in next month or thereabouts, and itll be the astra-zeneca jab. I'll go get it, bt I'd be lying if I said I was happy about it.
As fas as I can tell the clotting is only linked to vaccines that use a simailr delivery method, like the Johnson one. Th ePfizer and the other one dont seem to have these associated risks showing up, so I dont really know why we are using any vaccines with some potential lethal risk, however small, if there are vaccines we know how to make that have none at all. }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:25 pm

that's in line with what I read a few months ago, that the EU tried to leverage a "good" deal, while other countries largely said "tell us what you need". Given that these companies were pushing far beyond the normal development cycle to deliver these vaccines, adversarial negotiation was not really called for.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:44 pm

I wouldn't worry Petty, you are more likely to be struck by lightening, and it is young women who seem to be affected not men, and certainly not men who drink Buckie 24/7, so you are ok.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:07 pm

I had my 2nd jab this morning, the pfizer one & so far everything is ok ? Ive still got all my arms, legs & head, ( 3,2 & 1 ) Smile
Ive told my lot " my will's in my bureau " Smile next to the crunchie caterpiller cornflakes

We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 37 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 37 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:40 pm

Pfizer is the best one.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:13 pm

So we hear that clotting is associated with people with low blood platelets? That seems odd since it's the platelets that do the clotting.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:06 pm

so J&J is back on here in the EU, it was the only sensible thing to do. But it will only given to those over 60, as its young women of childbearing age who seem to be at risk. But its like 1 person in a million, its a tiny tiny risk.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:32 pm

Too bad, it's the youngsters who most need to be convinced to get it since they're most likely to be out caterwauling, and they are more easily convinced if they just need one.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:35 pm

The youngsters will be given other vaccines which should stop any hesitancy if they know they are not getting AZ or J&J. Here people under 60 will be getting Pfizer or Moderna.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:59 pm

from the Guardian

"EU starts legal case against AstraZeneca over vaccine delays
The European commission has initiated a legal case against AstraZeneca over its “complete failure” to meet delivery and contractual agreements for its vaccine, Ireland’s health minister Stephen Donnelly has said. See earlier post for more details.

He told parliament:

With regard to AstraZeneca, a legal case has been initiated by the commission and earlier this week I have joined Ireland as one of the parties to that legal case, specifically around AstraZeneca’s complete failure to meet its delivery and contractual agreements for April, May and June."

damn right! morons.
this has cost lives.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:08 pm

India started out strong, but got overconfident and now has become a tragedy that not only is causing unimaginable grief there now, but is sure to rebound to the rest of the world.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/04/27/india-coronavirus-failed-government-messaging/

https://www.yahoo.com/news/catastrophe-india-illness-everywhere-183206184.html

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:32 pm

{{Its horrendous whats happeneing in India, they are building pyres now to burn the dead there are so many. And the virus has a billion people to move through and mutate. Frightening. }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:14 am

I speak to people in India every day, some of whom are now off with covid. 

I think this highlights what would have happened here if there were no lockdown. No country is prepared for a pandemic (because that is a waste of resources) and so without any controls you will end up with people just dying at home or at the front door of a collapsing healthcare system.

Very sad at an individual level but nature has been warning us of this kind of thing for a while... the planet of over populated and over consumed. One way or another that will have to be addressed!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:07 am

They pulled through the first wave with flying colors.  But with a country as dense and near the edge as India is, it isn't surprising they lost the advantage even if they didn't let their guard down as far as they did.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next