We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in!

+11
chris63
Mirabella
odo banks
Orwell
malickfan
Forest Shepherd
Mrs Figg
David H
azriel
halfwise
Amarië
15 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 36 Empty Re: We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in!

Post by halfwise Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:29 pm

I don't know when I'm getting it, it seems that every injection center is following different rule subsets, and though I'm qualified in some places I'm not in others. Haven't been able to find an opening yet.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 36 Empty Re: We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in!

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:40 pm

well keep on at it. If I had the opportunity I would be ringing every 5 minutes until they gave up and gave me the jab. Laughing  I am known as a human hammer though. Mad Suspect stubborn and determined as a mule.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:54 pm

In another few weeks I think the age requirement will drop down to bracket me, so I won't have to use the educator's bracket that so many places don't seem to know about.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:59 pm

Halfy if you can use the educator category now, use it now! don't wait weeks if you don't have to. That is my advice.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:12 pm

yeah, but every place I find that's open for it has no vacancies.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:51 pm

is there any way you can be 'pinged' when they have a vacancy? its a question of right time right place and masses of patience.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:42 pm

That's a whole new level of sophistication we ain't got.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:02 am

well keep on at it until they give you one.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:25 am

{{ Well 24 hrs later and arm is still still bit sore, kind of tight feeling like Az said like its been put in a vice. But nothing terrible. Had some very, very mild flu like symptoms through the night, few night shivers and sweats, but nothing extreme. And its made me a bit tired. But so far so good! }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:42 pm

Thumbs Up  my brother was the same but he had a headache for a day as well. Nothing too bad though with a bit of paracetamol.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:36 am

Glad your ok Petty sunny

We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 36 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 36 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:17 am

Got my first jab a couple hours ago, feeling nothing. Next one in a month.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:39 am

BTW Figgs - you're pushing it, have you gotten it?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:52 pm

12 hours on from the Moderna shot, nothing more than highly localized stiffness. Thought I'd have a bigger reaction, not sure whether to be alarmed or relieved.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:50 pm

The Moderna jab is supposed to be ok as regards after effects, like the Pfizer one. Its AZ that gives people the 'in bed for a week' thing. Talking of which I wont be getting AZ because Italy has said those under 60 cant have it, so thats me, under 60.
I am relieved in a way because I am pretty sure the AZ jab would have given me a bad cold afterwards. Not bothered about the blood clot thing because its 1 in a million chance. We will get the Johnson & Johnson mono-dose or Pfizer/Moderna, but Sputnik is fine by me.

Mad  and no I haven't been offered a jab yet, they are still doing the 70 year olds and the 80 year olds and the extremely vulnerable groups.

Banghead  its gonna take a while, maybe next month  Banghead Extremely Crabbit Shrugging  its soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow!
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:01 pm

Almost worth travel home to Merry Ole' though I suppose you're not in their docket.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:43 pm

I haven't been offered mine yet. Bit of a slow down to catch up on 2nd doses.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:51 pm

halfwise wrote:Almost worth travel home to Merry Ole' though I suppose you're not in their docket.

the only problem with that is quarantine afterwards and being stuck in a metal tube for 3 hours then stuck in another metal tube for 3 hours after that. Too much metal tubing going on.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:57 pm

And you get stuck WITH a metal tube in between.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:43 am

hey Lance how are you doing? are you starting to feel better?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:25 pm

Still got plenty of issues but getting on. Generally more of an inconvenience at the moment... my chest is always aching, joints and feet often too. 

Seems my subconscious still thinks there is a threat out there somewhere and trying to stop me from getting to that somewhere. 

My subconscious needs to sort itself the fuck out!!!!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:34 pm

hmm the subconscious is a tricksy bugger and needs kid gloves. No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:30 am

Had my jab a couple of weeks ago. All good. Few people at work got real sick. One of the girls not having the 2nd jab.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:08 pm

Which one is used in Australia?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:30 pm

was it AZeneca Chris? a lot of people have got flu like symptoms afterwards but I would ask that girl to definitely have the second dose or she wont be protected. I believe the 2nd jab isn't as bad as the first so she shouldn't worry about it.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next