We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in!

+11
chris63
Mirabella
odo banks
Orwell
malickfan
Forest Shepherd
Mrs Figg
David H
azriel
halfwise
Amarië
15 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 3 Empty Re: We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in!

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:00 am

{{ Oh I know why he is doing it- those lives that will be lost are not worth as much to him as his place as President or his business interests.
But if he seriously believes this will all be over in a couple of week, when the US is way behind the rest who have been hit and we know how it will go from here -a lot worse before it gets better- then he really is divorced from any sense of reality- and US citizens, particuarly the most vulrnerable will pay the ultimate price for it. }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 3 Empty Re: We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in!

Post by azriel Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:37 am

https://www.facebook.com/hardcoreitalianmusic/videos/618352069020011/

This I loved, its happy & cheery Smile

We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 3 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 3 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:47 am

Aww...

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:44 am

We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 3 Spid11

We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 3 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 3 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:01 pm

{{ Laughing

As I write this my little brother is out delivering meals to kids who receive school meals to ensure they dont go short during the shutdown. Very proud of him putting others before himself at this time. Nod Thumbs Up }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:03 pm

{{Sent to me by Az Laughing }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:53 pm

Was just looking through the Twitter replies of a US "media personality" (Tomi Lauren for those that know her) giving her expert opinion on the current situation.

Why are so many people so fucking stupid. So many!

Sometimes I feel like humanity needs a good culling, why don't the powers of evolution come up with something that naturally selects against those bollock brains instead of insisting we all go down with them?
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:49 pm

So we've got the argument going on here that the cure is worse than the disease: staying home is killing the economy for the sake of protecting the vulnerable, who are mainly elderly. Some old folks are proclaiming that they'd gladly die if it saves the country from economic collapse. Well, nice thought, but would they be willing to maybe die at home instead of eased out in a hospital? Because filling up the hospitals is the real problem. I haven't heard any of these geriatric patriots answer that exact question.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:52 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{ Laughing

As I write this my little brother is out delivering meals to kids who receive school meals to ensure they dont go short during the shutdown. Very proud of him putting others before himself at this time.   Nod  Thumbs Up }}

give him a virtual hug from me. Kissing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:55 pm

Laughing Laughing ( Lance )

Now if I said that Id get cruxified Smile  Doesn't it say in the Bible that "the meek shall inherit the Earth" ? Praps this IS Mother Nature fighting back for all the shitty things we've done to this planet ?  It must have been so utterly beautiful once, before Humans fecked it up.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:00 pm

so I see Charlie Boy has Corona now. He will be looked after very well. My son did say "how come these celebs etc are getting the virus & not us ?". Because I guess we value what little life we have. We also don't mix in the affluent circle they do. I do think it would be nice if Her Maj would say a little something to the masses ? or will she leave it till after when half the NHS is definitely on its knees & a lot of people have sadly succumbed

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:22 pm

{{ This is worrying, two of the latest UK deaths from the virus were a 21 year old woman with no underlying health issues and a 37 year old diplomat. Youth is not a guarantee of recovery. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:23 pm

Shocked  The heir to the throne has it. I hope he hasn't given it to queenie
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:22 am

The number of cases in the US has jumped by 10,000 in one day - bringing the total number of cases in the country to 54,453.
According to the US CDC, the death toll also rose by 193 cases, bringing it to 737.- BBC

{{ Good job Trump! Open by Easter, packed churches all round! A beautiful timeline! :facepalm: Fuck me this man is literally going to be the death of thousands. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:56 am

More than 200 deaths from Covid-19 were reported Wednesday in the United States -- a new high for fatalities recorded in a single day.- CNN

{{Keep up the ostrich act Trump- its obviously working! :facepalm: Sadly for once the words 'God Save America' actually mean something- you are going to need someone to save you from the madman you have in charge.

Apprently his approval ratings are at the highest ever, which does leave the cold side of me to think that Americans are about to get what they deserve and are asking for. But that is too mean, there are too many good Americans out there whose lives are being put at risk from this idiot. But how his approval ratings can be going up even as is response is so obviously, painfully woeful and inadequate beggars belief.}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:14 pm

This is what my modelling is showing based on reported cases. a few days ago I realized that if I based it on confirmed cases, I'd have to multiply by something like a factor of 10 to produce reality. This had the effect of moving the timeline up by a week. It's for New York State, which is dominated by New York City.

Based on this, by mid next week I'll be going to the grocery store for the last time before a 3 week hiatus. The grocery stores are the weak link in the stay-at-home routine. Hotbeds of foment and viruses.

We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 3 Covid110

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:18 pm

{{ Out of all us on the forum you and Lance are probably in the highest risk areas of any of us. Stay safe Halfy- if I were you and you can do it, I'd get stocked up now and hole up now and not wait longer. Ad if you have to go out wear gloves, wash your hands soon as your home before you touch anything, and disinfect your exterior door handles.
Stay safe. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:55 pm

We started working away from London two weeks back while a lot of others took a while to get the message.

While I do not advocate panic buying, while stocks of essentials are still normal I would suggest adding an extra one or two or the things that you normally buy (long life... not fresh stuff) so that you can weather the potential panic buying that seems to have happened everywhere over the first week or two.

Things are better here now... basics like bread and milk are available in some form or another. Got a big fresh meat delivery yesterday alongside a load of fresh fruit and veg.

People are morons. Don't get in to the panic buying but don't fuck yourself over thinking things will just be OK.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:06 pm

{{ Glad to hear you got out of the capital early Lance- good move. Thumbs Up

In terms of buying weirdly enough Ive not had any problems- I had to go downtown today and both our supermarkets are only letting x amount in at a time and you can onlyhave a max of 2 of each item, so there a massive queue of folk 2 metres apart spiralling round the carpark in both of them, and that was at half 9 in morning.  Shocked
Meanwhile my local cornershop has been perfectly finely stocked every day, with fresh rolls and bread delivered, milk, eggs etc no problem.
So Ive been going there as I need. Sadly my wages dont allow for much buying ahead. But so long as it stays like this I should be ok- and got a massive sack of porridge as back up Nod }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:33 pm

Similar here until people found out where all that stuff was.

We are generally well stocked here so not much to worry about but the types of places we are sourcing things from is a lot harder in the city!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:09 pm

Finrod has been laid off, last day tomorrow. I'm still working, we still have projects to complete and I have some seniority so I don't think I'm at risk for a while. Not fun though.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:21 pm

I have been looking at youtube videos on how to make Spanish omelettes. I cant cook anything more complicated than beans on toast, but this is easy and only 3 ingredients needed. spuds, eggs and an onion. even I can cook that. even got a Spanish guy to show me how.

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:21 pm

Im gobsmacked at how ferociously people have been over panic buying. Its staggering. Because of these numpties the shelves are bare & a lot of folk cant get even basics. Cant get online shopping & deliveries done, only letting 2 people into a shop at one time, queueing down the road, its madness. The urge to grab absolutely everything in sight has calmed down a tad but, its a nightmare shopping now. People must have missed paying their Bills, rent or mortgage to fill up the trolleys as they have done. I spoke to one of the bin men & he said the amount of food thrown away because people grabbed it all, couldn't eat all they grabbed & now all that good food has gone off & has ended up in the bin ! Karma will find them....Twisted Evil

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:52 pm

End of next week NYC will start in the major upswing. That's when I'll buy a bunch of fresh produce and sit out the grocery store for a few weeks. Need to have enough on hand so if you get sick you don't have to leave the house for a couple weeks.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:20 pm

Weve just had the 8PM clapping in appreciation of the NHS & medical staff everywhere. Where I live its mostly blocks of flats. It started with a little clap, like the trickle of rain & then it grew louder & louder as more people joined in. Lights went on & people hung out of windows & on balconies. Quite emotional really.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next