We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in!

+11
chris63
Mirabella
odo banks
Orwell
malickfan
Forest Shepherd
Mrs Figg
David H
azriel
halfwise
Amarië
15 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 6 Empty Re: We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in!

Post by azriel Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:16 pm

Same here Halfy. People are doing as they are told. They are queueing as asked, keeping a big space between each other & are patiently waiting to go in to the shop. Its all done in silence too which gives it an eerie feel. Its a "one in one out" system where I am & I haven't seen one person browsing at stuff they don't need. We are aware theres other people waiting, we get our necessities & get out. I haven't heard any swearing, bad mouthing or arguing tho it has been reported that poor old staff in some shops have had people have a right go at them. The buses are still running but, on a Sunday service & I always remember to say thank you & take care.

We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 6 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 6 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 6 Empty Re: We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in!

Post by halfwise Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:32 pm

Here's one virtue of the age of information at least, when something this obvious hits everyone knows about it.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:38 pm

https://www.facebook.com/CatholicMemebase/videos/316344625996885/

We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 6 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 6 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:55 pm

I just get a blank screen from that.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:23 pm

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:00 pm

azriel wrote:

what the heck is that? Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:15 pm

Gawd knows Mrs Figg, there are some very odd people out there is all I can say !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:56 am

Just popped in to say: Trump is a narcissist. Got that off my chest. 😎

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:57 am

Nice thread, btw...👍

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:12 am

Well... he just wouldn't look Presidentallyish if he wore a mask would he!?

Especially behind that robust desk.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:10 pm

Love this one !!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/louise.parker.963/videos/10217285116379502/

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:32 am

{{ Like this one as it somehow seems in-character for 12, especially series 8 version which this is. }}

We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 6 92434385-10217230882107637-2292392331283791872-n

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:12 pm

Laughing

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:13 pm

Everybody's going gaga over the Queen's speech, and I have to say I didn't get what all the fuss was about until I realized she was 93. Can't really expect rolling Churchillesque declamations from someone that age I suppose. So I decided to cast it in more vigorous terms to appeal to a younger crowd, and those who may not have an immediate patriotic connection to her.

Yo, Bitches! I'm 93 and I've seen some shit, so I'm here to tell you that if we all hang tough we'll make it through this shit-show. I've seen you all showing some love at the 8 pm, and I wanted to give my own shout out to our medical homies. You folks are the jam! You make my boy Jimmy Bond look candy-ass. So everyone just watch each other's back and we'll make through to the other side.

Queenie out.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:33 pm

That was better than the boring & pretty much neutrally safe speech Queenie gave. Her speech did nothing for me, it didn't lift my spirits, didn't make me feel better or more secure & confident. I still feel she is woefully out of touch & watching her eyes as she read the auto card brought it home to me more. If you cant say something spontaneously, from the heart but, have to read something that some PR has spent hours pouring over then don't expect a cheer from me. Of course she looks great for a woman in her 90's ! she's so well looked after no one would dare let her "pop off" yet ! I think she should have said something right at the beginning & not skulk away to Windsor. Shes just an animated chandelier to me.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:25 pm

She looks as cold as a fish, I never get any sincerity or warmth from her. So her words lack any meaning for me I am afraid.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:10 am

I think the problem is that in this day and age, anything she says that the media can spin to sound political (whether it was meant that way or not) is not a risk that the monarchy can take. I am sure that the sentiment behind it all is hers but then sanitised to within an inch of its life.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:50 pm

I felt the same thing when she did the 'Diana' speech to the nation. Everybody was praising her sentiments, but she looked irritated with that cold-fish stare and about as warm and sincere as a block of ice. I don't think she meant a word of it.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:25 pm

I agree with you Figgles. When Diana died Maj was shocked at the response from people & didn't realise the love people felt for Diana. As you say, Maj has a dead fish face with dead cold eyes. How can you respond to someone no better looking than an android.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:01 pm

The only time queenie looks human is when she is watching the races. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:00 pm

Well in case anyone in England has to go through this:

I have got a lot of the symptoms of Covid minus the temperature and have done for about 12/13 days now.

As there is still so little known about the virus and so little testing going on it is quite difficult so anyone that is in that position of being unwell enough to not be able to do much however not critical enough for hospital.

- GPs don't want to go anywhere near it. I don't really blame them but the advice they have given me (as my symptoms haven't improved since they first hit me hard).
- 111, option 1 is a bit useless. They will ask you the same questions as the GP and tell you the same thing.
- 111, option 2. Long wait but these people seem to take things more seriously and even ordered me an ambulance to go and get some checks done (although I didn't think I was at that point yet.. but I am just me!)
- Ambulance service... the fourth lot to ask me about symptoms decided that an ambulance was not needed and said my GP should be dealing. They got GP to call back.
- GP round two .... can't help me still. Call 111!
- 111 round two... ask me symptoms again and escalate to Covid team.
- Covid team... ask symptoms AGAIN. Decide I should wait another 48 hours to see if any improvement. since most symptoms either get severely worse or get better after 7-8 days nobody knows what to do with those that go much longer (e.g. Boris).

To say I felt physically exhausted yesterday after speaking for what was probably 1.5 hours when I wasn't able to catch my breath was frustrating. I am not sure why person 1 couldn't log something that everyone else could see but evidently they couldn't.

So, let's see what the experience is like tomorrow of I have to call them back (albeit with a bat phone to the Covid team).

To be fair to them... they are all doing the best they can. The obvious issue here that I hope is a learning taken away is how u prepared the whole system is for this. I could only imagine what things would be like if this were a much more serious disease.

I understand new diseases all work differently but this should be a wake up call for better preparedness and much more cooperation. People are dying, not through lack of will but just because those in charge could not organise quickly enough.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:05 pm

oh Lance I am so sorry to hear this, but you are young and strong and will soon get better. Take care. Do you have anyone to take care of you?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:15 pm

Sorry to hear about it Lance, but you've bucked up pretty well through 12 days, you should be pretty much through it!

There's talk now that ventilators really aren't the ticket for serious cases: unless you get the lung inflammation down via drugs, sticking a tube down there and pumping isn't doing any good and the sedation and tube itself is therefore doing nothing but harm. A friend of mine told me a month ago when I was showing him my model with the big hump that his plan was to try to catch it on the other side of the hump when hospitals had a better grasp on how to deal with it.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:29 pm

I am good. Have family here so not stuck home alone and will get better. Hopefully it turns out that if I come in to contact in the future I will have some immunity or at least a much more effective fight in me!

Shouldn't your friends plan be to wait for a vaccine?

Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:33 pm

The assumption was that everyone is gonna catch it, so put your efforts into avoiding it until the hump passes.   Models are showing that the less densely populated areas will always have enough beds; the risk is in the cities.

For me June will be a good month to get it. I'll be less cautious then rather than live like a monk only to get it when I can't afford to be sick.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next