azriel
Amarië
Mrs Figg
12 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

All New Who - Page 37 Empty Re: All New Who

Post by Amarië Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:33 pm

Is this for real or have we been so mean to each other in this thread that we've been cast into some special circle of Hell? I might be willing to make an offering at the Moffat shrine of leather clad ladies to make this stop.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:04 am

{{ I think it must be a special circle of hell- Ive been looking at our new writers cv, and its not exactly impresive stuff. Besides genital mutilation, we have a wirter of a childrens online drama (and drama is pretty loosely used here its main purpose was to help inform 7-14 year olds on internet safety) and the obligatory soap writer. None of the new writers have any former scifi/fantasy or gene experience, none have any prior Who writing experience and some havent even written adult drama, ever.

Anyone remember when Who's guest writers had the quailty of Neil Gaiman (Doctor's Wife), or Richard Curtis (Vincent and the Doctor), or when they were writers stepped in the genre and in Who? LIke Paul Cornell (Family of Blood) or Robert Shearman (Dalek)?

However according to the BBC blurb this series will be scarier and darker than last series!
Which is why presumably the TARDIS interior seems to have had a slight make over, it too has got darker, it does at least look slightly less like cheap plastic on a studio floor, and they've pulled the pillars back so it looks less claustrophophic and the console has got thinner and wider making it less mushroomy, but it now looks even more like a dingy cave than it already did! (Does it really look like a place people live in to you?) }}

All New Who - Page 37 Capture

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:04 am

Spookily lit spider cave. With cartoon bones on the floor. Great.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:44 am

{{ Yeah its easily the worst designed TARDIS interior in the shows history.  Mad

We started more or less here (hard to get decent 1st Doctor interior shots for some reason this is from the 2nd Doctor, but its very similar base TARDIS design). But even here, despite how stark the original design was there are still the little touches that indicate its also where someone lives, like the hat stand and the ornamentation the Doctor has acquired on his travels.

All New Who - Page 37 Tardis-console-season-1-6

When they brought the show back they went for a more organic feel in keeping with playing up the TARDIS sentient live machine status. But whilst it was more alien it kept the starkness of the original, the space was extended even more to emphaiss the bigger on the inside, and over time it got cluttered with stuff- Rose had a habit for example of leaving her jacket hanging over the railings. The human touches.
I tend to think of it as 9's TARDIS, for although 10 kept the design and for longer it was made with 9 in mind and best reflects his post-Time War trauma, its close enough in design to the stark layout of the original to be the same machine, but its also got darker, grittier, grungier to reflect what the Doctor and the TARDIS have been through since we last saw them.

All New Who - Page 37 Tumblr-ms3rr8f-EEJ1sw4g05o1-1280

In keeping with both the 11th personality and with being the first version since the original to be part of a family it was warmer, more brightly lit, friendlier and with multi levels and over time with Amy and Rory living onboard got more cluttered with stuff, from random items of clothing to dvd's and even their dartboard in the corner. And we were constantly reminded of other areas we never got to see, Amy and Rory's bedroom, the library, the swimming pool etc giving it a bigger feel and as a place that was familar to its inhabitants who used  those facilities regularly.

All New Who - Page 37 Tardis-console-series-5

12's TARDIS, in keeping with the 'classic' feel of this incarnation had a TARDIS that reflected that. It indicated towards his leaning on reasoning and learning over force, but hinted at his willingness to be stark and cold to get the job done. But it was still full of personal touches, from his workbench below the console to the bookcases and comfortable reading chairs around the balcony, his guitar and amp or his bust of Beethoven, similar to how the 1st and 2nd Doctor decorated their TARDIS with knick-knacks.

All New Who - Page 37 8571893176c02bf072f1beb14e565021

They all reflect in someway the type of person that version of the Doctor was and fit thematically with the characters of that period of the show.

Now what the hell does this say about the 13th Doctor and the characters in her show? Given so far her Doctor has been upbeat, overly cheery, like an enthusatic primary school teacher and about as dark and threatning and alien as a badly made jelly, and her companions 3 yes men who never have a cross word with her or each other? What is this supposed to inform us or reflect on about this era?

All New Who - Page 37 Capture

I just don't see what they are going for or any indication there is a coherent structured direction that everyone knows they are going in. This smacks of different parts of the production working more or less in isolation from each other on not really knowing what the other bits are doing or aiming for.

And worst of all the design seems to really limit how you can shoot scenes in there, the areas of light are so limited everyone has to be clumped together, a single monlogue by the Doctor would have to have her either constantly at the console or standing still, you wouldnt get the sweeping shots of the TARDIS we have become used to or the movement it affords the Doctor when talking to move through the space.
Can you imagine any of these classic entering the TARDIS scenes being shot in the current TARDIS! }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:06 am

Looks like I wont be watching Who for some time.

All hail Moffat's leather clad dominatrix. come back, you are forgiven.

(I never thought I would say that) Suspect
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:12 pm

{{ Any prior version of Who was infinitly better than this current drivel pretending to be Who.
It used to be fun! Remember that? }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:35 pm

No  I know. I miss Mr Sparkle-Pants 10. Sad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:02 pm

Both my friend & I have been begging that dear Miss Jodie disappears into her own galaxy far far away but, Its not going to happen is it. I feel as tho there's been a death in the family, or should that be 'fam'. I feel bereaved because we've lost the Doctor & got this clown in his place.

All New Who - Page 37 Katiek10

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/tv/doctor-who-series-12-release-date-cast-episodes-plot-for-jodie-whittaker-return/ar-BBWKV6L?ocid=spartanntp

All New Who - Page 37 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

All New Who - Page 37 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:17 pm

"fam" Extremely Crabbit  I hate that.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:19 am

{{{ Banghead Extremely Crabbit Yup, awful.

That link you put up Azriel, I am assuming the character synopsis are what the BBC have given out, as it has the feel of stock BBC synopsis.
But whats interesting is the Doctor and Ryan have nothing of note to say about them- their blurb for the new series is just - 'The Time Lady will be back for more adventures', and, 'Graham's step-grandson is back in the TARDIS.'
So they are just sort of there? For Graham we get a little bit of bio- 'the widower is now firmly keen on his adventures with The Doctor.' so guess Graham will at least be keen!
But its Yaz who gets the real work on the blurb compared to the others- 'The police officer is also back to aid The Doctor, but could her job get in the way?'

Why out of all the characters is Yaz the only one to get a hint of some sort of story line to her character?- that her job wil interfere in some way, her job we only saw for about 2 mins the entirety of last series before they forget it existed and which she never went back to the entire series?
I assume she gets the extra detail here as they managed over 10 episodes and a new year special to completely forget to give her a personality, character, motivations, or anything to do last time and so are trying to make up for it now- expect Yaz loves the Doctor to be a thing too...}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:02 pm

I don't give a toss about Yaz quite frankly. Martha was a medical student, she had a responsible career but it never 'got in the way' because the important thing was her having adventures with the Doctor. The only time it pops up is when her mother tries to deter her from going off with the Doctor, but its a secondary character who does this, not the main character, if you get what I mean. Its ok for a secondary character to express doubts and negativity, but the role of the companion is to question what the Doctor is, and does, its not their role to have a massive personal drama, I think that's why Clara and Danny Pink left me irritated. I liked Danny and I liked it when he had his own 'adventure' even though it was pretty dark, but the romance thing was superfluous. The 'romance thing' with Rose is different, because its integral to the story, and it doesn't really overwhelm the adventures imo.
Anyway, Yaz, is probably going to get whiny.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:01 pm

You're still watching it?

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:16 pm

{{ Its not back till early next year sometime- as far as we know. This is just all the pre series stuff starting to come out. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:11 pm

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:50 pm

{{ Back to the rumour mill!
After pulling the trailer from Children in Need and moving it to 23rd Novemebr, now it seems Chibbers has pulled that too and doesnt want it going out on the 23rd now. Why? No one seems to know. But the rumours seem pretty strong that on the 23rd (Doctor Who Day incase you didnt know as its the anniversary of the first episode broadcast) we will not get a trailer as teased but will instead get 'interviews and stuff'.
So if this turns out true not sure what it says about whats going on behind the scenes, but nothing good I'd hazard! }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:35 am

{{ Right we have a bunch of synopses leaked from somewhere for the first few episodes.

So here they are and what I think they actually mean!

Spoiler:
}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:45 am

:facepalm: sounds dire. They will probably fuq up episode 4 which looks like the least boring one.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:57 pm

{{ I dunno which bit I fear most, at first I got flashes of the film version of clasic 60's tv show Avengers
Spoiler:

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:19 pm

{{ Way behind schedule, but series 12 has officially finished filming}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:57 pm

{{ Who news time.

There will be no xmas special this year, but the new series will start on New Years Day instead, opening up on a two parter described in the Radio Times -

'the long-awaited 12th series is due to start on New Year’s Day, with one of the biggest episodes in the show’s history.
Insiders say the first instalment of a two-part story, starring Jodie Whittaker , is one of the most ambitious ever attempted.
A BBC One source said: “It’s going to be huge. The scale is just epic. No one will be disappointed.”

So there you have it, we wont be disappointed! That'll make a nice change if so! }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:18 pm

Phew, I feel so reassured now. Rolling Eyes

Wait, are they just quoting Trump?

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:05 pm

According to a BBC source,

"Jodie Whittaker stops Brexit". The Doctor finds that Boris Johnson is really a member of the Slitheen family, farting and giggling he threatens to destroy Britain from inside Downing Street, who can stop him?

Razz  I got you going for a bit there didn't I?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:18 pm

Actually I could believe that !

All New Who - Page 37 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

All New Who - Page 37 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:06 pm

Well this schedule is different.

I guess that's all I have to say. Razz

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:56 am

{{ More news.

Spoiler:
}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum