azriel
Amarië
Mrs Figg
12 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

All New Who - Page 40 Empty Re: All New Who

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:14 pm

{{ Apprently the BBC think that scene was so good theyve put the whole thing up themselves! }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:02 am

That was middling at a generous best. Not bad, just not...memorable. Rather sad state of affairs if what they've got to be proud of earns approval simply from not being embarrassing.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:11 am

{{ Its not so much the performances, I dont mind his take on the Master except it doesnt make any character sense if it follows Missy, and its not her worst scene either in terms of performance, but the subtext of it doesnt sit well with me. Unfortunately this episode goes back to promoting some agenda stuff that dont make sense outside of being there as agenda stuff- for example she encounters two famous and important women from history, but instead of taking them back to their own time, wiping their minds then going on to modern times to deal with things, she brings them with her to modern day, then takes them home and wipes their memories- problem is they have absolutely nothing to do at the end in the modern day save walk in looking heroic flanking the Doctor as three brilliant women. Plot wise though makes no sense at all she would risk bringing them to modern day when there is no reason to, but it does make sense in regards to promoting a viewpoint.}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:36 am

{{ Spyfall- what didn't make sense.

All of it really, but lets have a go.

Spoiler:
}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:44 pm

I think at this point the show should be cancelled before Chibers destroys it. Chibnal has less imagination than most fans. hell, we could do a much better job. Razz The last time I thought that Dr Who was fresh and interesting was in the Flatline episode.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:12 pm

I am not burning yet, which, of course, is good. Thanks for the thoughts. And it is great to see the Doctor Who chat is still going strong in Forumshire... Really, Doctor Who and the Hobbits must be just around the corner! 😎 Indeed, the next Doctor should be a Hobbit IMO. And, so as we are politically correct, a Scotshobbit would seem appropriate...

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:24 pm

Scotshobbit and politically correct in the same sentence? Suspect

Either you are being sly (perish the thought!) or you haven't been hanging around here enough.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:32 pm

I dunno, Orwie. The Moffat age was very scottish. And therefore untouchable. Perhaps they should go more Irish to balance things out, save the union and such. Make them feel included too.

Or just get Hivju as the Doctor. Ginger at last. And everybody loves Hivju. That would have been... interesting. Laughing

Still not seen episode 2. We started watching Dracula instead.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:32 am

halfwise wrote:Scotshobbit and politically correct in the same sentence? Suspect  

Either you are being sly (perish the thought!) or you haven't been hanging around here enough.

Are you saying sly thoughts are perishable, or perishable thoughts are sly? 🤔 or it’s just a good day to be perishable on.....😏

Last edited by Orwell on Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:34 am

Amarië wrote:I dunno, Orwie. The Moffat age was very scottish. And therefore untouchable. Perhaps they should go more Irish to balance things out, save the union and such. Make them feel included too.

Or just get Hivju as the Doctor. Ginger at last. And everybody loves Hivju. That would have been... interesting. Laughing

Still not seen episode 2. We started watching Dracula instead.

Mmmm....an interesting post...and I have no idea what you’re talking about... ha! Things have not changed... ????

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:47 pm

Scotshobbit and politically correct in the same sentence?- Halfwise

{{ Hey! I'M VERY POLITICALLY CORRECT! I believe in equality! I never hold a door open for a woman, bloody lazy so and so's can open their own damn doors! And my crabbit is non-discrimatory! It gets peaked by arseholes of all colours and nationalities- I mean look at you lot! Twisted Evil

We started watching Dracula instead. - Amarie

Oh, do pop over to the tv thread and let us know what you two made of it.

Right, back to Who, sort of. Lenny Henry- who played the villanious head of the the tech company has had a brush with Who before, way back in 1985 when the 6th Doctor Colin Baker was being yanked off the air by Head of the BBC and Thatcherism was the bogeyman of every right on comedian of the day, Lenny Henry was a young comedian and had got his first sketch show, the aptly named Lenny Henry Show on air in which he made this sketch playing the Doctor (incidentally you can tell he was a fan of the show I think because I had expected a lot of colour based jokes given it was the 1980's and there has never been a black Doctor, but in fact they are few and low key and he pretty much plays the Doctor part straighter than expected). He'd have made a better choice for 13 than Jodie I fear! }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:36 pm

{{ Interesting take from the Guardian on what's wrong with Who. And in my view one of the reasons Chibbers is the wrong head writer, he doesnt understand the lead character.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/jan/08/doctor-who-more-offensive-than-ever-jodie-whittaker-pc

If youve not time to read all of it, bits I thought of interest-

'...many believe this iteration has actually lost the morality that made the character so unique, and become problematic on social issues – engaging with them to an often offensive degree.
Dhawan’s debut, for example, was soured by a scene in which the Doctor weaponised his race against him....The improbability of an Asian man being able to do this was explained by a “perception filter”...The Doctor escaped the Master by framing him as a British double agent, then jammed his filter, leaving him open to both the retribution and the racism of the Nazis...It’s not the first time the writing of ethnic minority characters has seemed questionable; Sharon D Clarke’s character Grace O’Brien and the mother of Lenny Henry’s character Daniel Barton, played by Blanche Williams, were both fridged almost immediately after being introduced...Kerblam, an Amazon-a-like delivery company. The story reflected real-world mistreatment of workers, but while many viewers expected a satire of exploitative capitalism, the real villain was revealed to be a maintenance man, who was killing in protest at poor working conditions. This led the Doctor to claim that “systems aren’t the problem”, just people who “use and exploit the system” – thus refusing to engage with real-world suffering...Doctor Who has had a strong history of LGBT+ representation since its return in 2005, including series-long lesbian companion Bill Potts in 2017. Executive producer Matt Strevens promised the show’s LGBT+ representation would continue, with characters from “across the spectrum”. However, representation in Chibnall’s era has been severely lacking so far. Characters have repeatedly been introduced as LGBT+, only to be promptly killed off. In the 2019 New Year special, a security guard referred to his boyfriend in his second line – and was killed by a Dalek just seconds later. The most prominent LGBT+ character in a Chibnall-penned episode, Angstrom, revealed her sexuality by referring to her dead wife...The Doctor may always have been a beacon of compassion and empathy, but too many of us are wondering where it’s gone.'

Telegraph are even more savage in their pronouncement on the current show-

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2020/01/09/new-doctor-waste-time-space-dont-blame-jodie-whittaker/ }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:03 pm

Had this Dr been a man I would have stayed but, He is a she & Ive escaped the sinking ship like a rat. Ive lost my interest like I can lose my appetite. I can get my appetite back but I cant take any interest in this woman Dr. I wont say sorry either. She let me down. Ive watched Dr Who on & off for donkeys years, and, like a blind date, this new Dr has disappointed me no end. I salivated over Claes Bang as Dracula instead & didn't spare a single thought about Dr Her. If she exited the show in a horrific accident I don't think Id bat an eye. Relief more like and then Id think.....Lets get this show on the road

All New Who - Page 40 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

All New Who - Page 40 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:16 pm

Its time to Exerminate this version of the Doctor.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:18 pm

{{ Hate to bear bad news but she and Chibbers are signed up for at least 1 more series after this one. He might even be in charge and she might still be the Doctor if there is any sort of 60th special. No }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:50 am

{{ 7 plus figures are in for the audience figures (thats the overnights plus everyone whose watched it on iplayer in last 7 days).
Remember for the BBC they want Chibbers to be holding or ideally improving on the figures for Capaldi era, an era which Chibbers and his production team have not been slow to throw under the bus to promote themselves as better, especially last series.

Well heres the season specials from Capladi's entire era, numbers in millions-

Last Christmas- 8.24
Husbands of River Song - 7.69
Doctor Mysterio - 7.83
Twice Upon A Time- 7.92

And heres the numbers for Jodies seasonal specials-

Resolution- 6.95
Spyfall part1-  6.9

So yeah, not exactly a success story so far! Don't think they will be drawing too many comparisons to Capldi era now.
This weeks episode is from Ed Himes, who you may remember penned It Takes You Away last series (the one with the single white father that abandons his handicapped teenage daughter to live in a fantasy with a sentient universe disguised as his dead wife but that prefers the form of a talking frog, yeah that Ed Himes). We are promised the scariest episode ever but I thnk they are scaring the viewers off already! }}

-------

https://www.hobbitmovieforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=1438

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum