chris63
Bluebottle
Eldorion
Amarië
Norc
17 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever [8] - Page 34 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [8]

Post by halfwise Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:03 am

I remember when I was younger reading some sort of religious tract trying desperately to skirt around sex. It said "men and women are designed by God to fit together perfectly."

What a complete lie. Not only do you have to contort yourself into the craziest positions just to make sex work, you can't even sleep facing each other with any type of snuggling contact. It really is the most disappointing discovery of adulthood.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever [8] - Page 34 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [8]

Post by Lancebloke Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:25 am

Amazing how the magical sky wizard doesnt seem to worry so much about things like natural disasters, disease or mental health yet is super interested in who someone is rubbing their bits and pieces against.

Bit of a perv if you ask me (which you didnt...)
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:34 pm

Diogo Alves was a Spanish-born Portuguese serial killer. Between 1836 and 1840, he killed seventy people. The crimes he committed were all in the area of the Águas Livres Aqueduct, thus earning the title "Aqueduct Murderer". He was sentenced to death and hanged on February 19, 1841.

Just...................whatever [8] - Page 34 Head10

Just...................whatever [8] - Page 34 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Just...................whatever [8] - Page 34 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:48 pm

Maybe we don't have more serial killers than before, just better press operations.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:30 am

Serial killing is down sir, as far as we know.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:24 pm

Just...................whatever [8] - Page 34 Rare_v10

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:53 am

Why does my body decide to have a breakdown the day before I am due to be travelling?

Seriously body.... wait until I am back and then go wrong!!!!!!!!!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:19 pm

I'm on tenterhooks hoping to stay healthy before travel, unless I'm staying in hotels the whole time.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:44 am

Speaking of hotels, I'm holed up in my room right now at Big Bad Con in Walnut Creek, CA. The game I was in got canceled and I was pretty tired so I'm just relaxing in here instead. Oh yeah, it's a tabletop gaming convention. I'm running and playing in several games over the next two days (Unless they get canceled Mad ). Should be fun. Smile

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:53 pm

That sounds fun. I have never really got in to table top games but probably because I have just never tried to.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:17 pm

Have to be pure strategy for me to be interested, no interest in role playing games. But I especially like games with maps.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:15 am

Like war-gaming you mean? There's a good Con for that near where I live as well.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:51 am

{{What games you playing Forest? It all Warhammer, or are there a variety of games running? Is all table-top based as in minatures and the like or is there also good old fashioned D&D style?

I've a small game planned for this xmas, first in ooh about a decade I think- hope I can still remember how to DM!! }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:25 am

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:34 pm

the Romans raised silk worms?!

That was pretty fascinating, it seems the Chinese are not as given to making up monsters as western "historians" were. It's good to be reminded that dye was high technology so that naming the available colors was of interest.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:11 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{What games you playing Forest? It all Warhammer, or are there a variety of games running? Is all table-top based as in minatures and the like or is there also good old fashioned D&D style?

I've a small game planned for this xmas, first in ooh about a decade I think- hope I can still remember how to DM!! }}
If you haven't played in a decade I imagine that you haven't heard of pretty much any of the games they had there. I've been reading and looking into lots of new games over the last several years, and I didn't recognize 1 in 10! Just a ton of small RPGs. Indy stuff mostly. The Con pretends to be fairly... progressive. And the games often reflect that. Lots of games about gender role exploration, anti-establishment counter-culture stuff, a lot of RPGs that don't fall into the traditional category of an RPG. I felt out of place running Dungeon Crawl Classics. Here I was running players through a meat-grinder dungeon: fighting beast-men, uncovering treasure, while the other groups were, you know, doing stuff like exploring what it means to be a gay teenager through metaphors like super-hero powers or uncontrollable monster transformations. I kvetch, but overall it was a fun experience I appreciated being exposed to that scene. It made me more comfortable with these things. Everyone was very nice and friendly. You know, like a bunch of nerds who just want to play weird RPGs. "My people".

There were some tamer games of course, but most of the ones I'm familiar with weren't present. Only one game of D&D, no Call of Cthulhu, no Pathfinder, no Traveller, I think only two games of Savage Worlds, no Shadowrun, no GURPS, no Mythras, no Heroquest, no Vampire, no Cyberpunk, only one game of 13th Age, no Star Wars RPG, only one game of Burning Wheel and no Torchbearer.

They had some LARPs, not any that I had heard of, but I'm not big into that scene anyway. They had a "POC" dinner and a seminar-thing encouraging POC game-designers by connecting them to game companies. Lots of board-games too, that was fun. I got to play the expansion for Root... and failed miserably of course!

So yeah I ran two games of DCC, and played in a game of Mouse Guard and Root. The DCC game I was going to play in was cancelled last minute, and a bizarre little game I hadn't heard of before I missed because this girl I'm kind of seeing came by when I arrived and, ahem, we were kind of busy. Embarassed

Ahem, anyway, no Warhammer or war-games. And mostly games that don't require any miniatures. Definitely not that kind of Con. I know there is a big war-game Con in San Jose or San Francisco or something, not sure when though. But that's cool that you're running a game again! What system? Is it just a one-shot you think?

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:57 am

Lots of games about gender role exploration- Forest

{{Its a fantasy game, you can play a different species let alone a different sex whats the point?! Mad Why does everything have to come down to, and be ruined by, sexuality these days? Mad }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:51 pm

talking of sex....but not really

My computer got a Trojan virus, I clicked where I shouldn't have clicked. Embarassed  (it was one of those stupid quizzes, ironically it was called 'How stupid are you')...answer, quite stupid. Mad

But my question is this, once the anti-virus scans and removes it, is it really removed and is it safe to do online shopping n stuff? Shocked

or do they lurk?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:58 pm

{{ If your anti-virus found it then it should have got rid of it for you but it may only have placed it in quarantine awaiting your direct instruction to delete it completely- make sure you have done that first then you should be good to go, in theory. }}.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:46 pm

If we are all vigilant enough to do all transactions via pay-pal then we have an extra line of defence. But not all sites take it, and it's only safe if you put in exactly the amount you will purchase before you purchase it, which is a pain in the butt yet might serve to slow down the too-easy shopping a place like Amazon allows.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:25 am

yep I mostly do Amazon shopping for books. But I always cancel my card details after each use. Not sure how safe it is but I cant resist buying a ton of books.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:30 am

My wifes going to see this guy on Friday. she believes all that stuff. I don't.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:40 am

{{ Last weekend at the hotel Im night porter in we had a hotel full of psychics. They all claimed to have sensed all sorts of presences in the place but Ive never seen anything definitive and Im there looking for the buggers every night.
On the otherhand one rather attractive, and very drunk psychic lass came up to me out the blue, put her hand on my forehead and said "You've a lot going on in there", put her hand on my chest and added, "and in there" before blurting out drunkenly, "photography and painting."
Make of that what you will! }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:56 am

I hope you had a nice conversation...that was a good opening.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:43 pm

You cant define it but, some people do just have the 'touch'. There's something they know, something they get a vibe about. its as common place to them as drinking a cup of tea.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum