Amarië
Norc
17 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever [8] Empty Just...................whatever [8]

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:54 am

Rolling Eyes

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever [8] Empty Re: Just...................whatever [8]

Post by azriel Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:22 pm

https://www.facebook.com/CPReptiland/videos/1632252986851940/

A rough idea ( maybe ? ) of how prehistoric animals might have sounded like, this is scary enough me thinks pale

Just...................whatever [8] Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Just...................whatever [8] Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever [8] Empty Re: Just...................whatever [8]

Post by halfwise Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:40 pm

Well that would get me all hot and bothered too.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:08 am

Hey Norc, since we haven't heard anything, is your tummy better?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:06 pm

halfwise wrote:Hey Norc, since we haven't heard anything, is your tummy better?

yes, after four days it is. i am still alive.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:43 pm

Glad it fixed itself.

Three decades ago, while I was living in West Africa as a Peace Corps volunteer, we had a doctor whose job it was to look after us.  We'd often be at least a day's travel away, so he had to create the proper mind-set to keep us from panicking when things went wrong.

He told us our bodies were more amazing than we had been allowed to realize by parents who would lug us to the doctor for any ache or sniffle.  When things went wrong but weren't clearly critical, we should just take it easy, drink plenty of clean water and keep an eye on things.  90% of the time things would take care of themselves without any need for a doctor.  That advice has served me well ever since.

Of course eventually you have to go to a doctor if things don't take care of themselves, and some things are clearly critical, but usually you can sit pat with a jug of weak tea at your side for nearly a week before seeking professional help.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:57 am

My crabby attitude toward established medicine approves!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:03 pm

What's the make up of your crabby attitude toward established medicine, Forrest? I don't disapprove of it, I just think it's overused.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:45 pm

https://www.facebook.com/boredpanda/videos/10156522412064252/

Just...................whatever [8] Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Just...................whatever [8] Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:26 pm

halfwise wrote:What's the make up of your crabby attitude toward established medicine, Forrest?  I don't disapprove of it, I just think it's overused.

what?! no antibiotics for you??
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:39 pm

azriel wrote:https://www.facebook.com/boredpanda/videos/10156522412064252/

We could use more of those. I wonder how she funds those?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:46 pm

Norc wrote:
halfwise wrote:What's the make up of your crabby attitude toward established medicine, Forrest?  I don't disapprove of it, I just think it's overused.

As I'm sure you know the general trend of medicine now is to reserve antibiotics for last resort. But I think there's a lot of people tying up doctor's time when they don't need to for other things as well. People need to educate themselves on when to go in and when to rely on common sense and the internet. There have been times (like when I had lyme disease) when I knew better than the doctor's first instinct, but admittedly other times when I should have gone in earlier (melanoma).

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:54 pm

halfwise wrote:
Norc wrote:

As I'm sure you know the general trend of medicine now is to reserve antibiotics for last resort.  But I think there's a lot of people tying up doctor's time when they don't need to for other things as well. People need to educate themselves on when to go in and when to rely on common sense and the internet.  There have been times (like when I had lyme disease) when I knew better than the doctor's first instinct, but admittedly other times when I should have gone in earlier (melanoma).  

i was kinda joking and referring to the US' insane use of antibiotics. you know.. for a common cold etc.. we're way more careful over here.. especially when it comes to those nasty bacterias that er becoming immune (?) against antibiotics. like... there is gonorea you can't get rid of... no thanks.. walk it off i say.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:04 pm

yeah, the US has improved on it's use of antibiotics, but still needs to toughen up on other things.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:11 pm

Some stuff there I didn't know.  I remember my shock long ago to find out the hobbit names were not their actual names.

Last edited by halfwise on Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:54 pm

halfwise wrote:Some stuff there I didn't know.  I remember my shock long ago to find out the hobbit names were not their actual names.

what on earht are you referring to?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:59 pm

{{Think he meant to post it in the 'Tolkien related videos' thread. Sure a mod will be along shortly to shift it. Unless its some new sinister form of norcing! }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:57 pm

Yep. Not sure how it got here. Aren't you a mod, Petty?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:37 pm

You are the mod of your own posts, Halfie. And if that isn't a life motto worth being written in three different fonts over the picture of a sunset on a beach, then I don't know what is.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:41 pm

Also, I'll be in Scothobbitland this Easter! Shocked cheers
Fuzzy on the details, haven't had time to think about it, but Finrod's sister (Galadriel, obviously) is on the case. Edinburgh, Glasgow and Inverness (she likes Outlander A LOT) .

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:26 am

Amarië wrote:Also, I'll be in Scothobbitland this Easter! Shocked cheers
Fuzzy on the details, haven't had time to think about it, but Finrod's sister (Galadriel, obviously) is on the case. Edinburgh, Glasgow and Inverness (she likes Outlander A LOT) .

wow! i wanna too! but i am going home Smile tickets were super expensive so.... also .. mom..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:36 am

Amarië wrote:You are the mod of your own posts, Halfie. And if that isn't a life motto worth being written in three different fonts over the picture of a sunset on a beach, then I don't know what is.
Just...................whatever [8] You_ar10
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:42 am

I feel more inspired already! Nod

{{{Very Happy Laughing}}}
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:38 pm

Life changing. flower {{ Razz }}

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:59 pm

I may be mod of my own posts, but this particular mod sees no way to delete much less move that post. I've seen a delete button in the past, but don't see it now.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum