spoiler for last episode:
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones [2] - Page 11 Empty Re: Game of Thrones [2]

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:30 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:There was some great music this season! (some of it re-rashed from last season, but still...Last season's music was sometimes so good that the quality carries over!)

It's too surreal smashing all these characters together. It robs them of their history and homogenizes their characteristics. The Hound, for example, has a warrant out for him for abandoning the King's Guard back in Season 3 or 4 or whatever, but that doesn't play into anything here. There's no time for interaction between him and Jaime or Cersei. Even seeing him back in King's Landing threatening his brother doesn't feel quite right. His arc has been undermined by the necessity of Cleganebowl and the KingsintheNorthbowl of episode 6.

yep it was mostly last seasons music, which is fantastic but I was hoping for more new stuff, maybe a new theme for Jon/Aegon.
agreed about smashing them together, its not satisfying. seeing them all together makes it feel unreal and takes me out of the moment. its annoying because when they do reunions well its some of the best tv ever. ie Jon/Sansa.

I guess we may see Daario in the Golden Company then?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:30 am

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:40 pm

got to say Beric Dondarrion has the most beautiful male voice, very Richard Burton.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:30 am

This is quite good, from the makers of Hunt for Gollum and Born of Hope.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:58 am

I wonder if they do original work as well? Seems they must as those other two projects came out quite some time ago.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:02 am

In response to the spoiler:

That can't be an easy thing to film together. Blech is right!

It was nice to see Isaac Hempstead, you know, speaking with emotion. Some friendliness and comedy on his face is a nice break from his Bran persona.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:57 pm

Didn't watch this new season. Not really interested anymore, started to relate to how this guy felt when I got to the end of last season.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:07 pm

TL;DW: If your fantasy show starts to go downhill, play roleplaying games. Smile

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:29 am

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:08 pm

chris63 wrote:

I enjoyed that. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:44 am

Series 8 out May 2019 i hope not. Thats a long time to wait.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:33 am

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:53 pm

I'll have to come back and watch those tonight. Longer than I expected.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:33 pm

I'm feeling crabbit this morning. The gotgifsandmusings blog can go bugger off.

They've developed this toxic mindset about the tv show fueled by a set of particularly defined standards by which they judge the crap out of that show. A kind of cult of the "enlightened" seems to grow up around their way of thinking, driven by the specificity of their socio-political-fueled criticisms. It's easy to say that I dislike their blog because I don't share many of their views on gender, politics, government, history, fantasy, and so on; but I think my dislike also stems from their remorseless snarkiness.

The blog has naturally developed a special vocabulary that satirizes anything and everything to which they object. Sansa, for example, has a good half dozen nick-names that are meant to symbolize how the writers have given her inconsistent characterizations. Cersei is the other major recipient of this treatment. It's all so cult-like. The exact same thing happens on many other forums where a group of people with unpopular ideas band together and reinforce their worldview by literally altering the definitions of things.
There is, for example, a subreddit that exists merely to reinforce the feelings of loneliness and sexual frustration experienced by single men in their twenties and thirties who feel as though they cannot get any sex. It's an awful echo chamber of abusive language directed at women in general who, the users insist, do not sleep with them because their primitive brains direct them to only hook-up with men who have the correct genetically-specific features. They call these facial features "hunter eyes" or something like that, to indicate that the continued preference women have for these types of faces are merely a kind of genetic hold-over from pre-historic times. They are also obsessed with "betas" and "alphas" and so on.
Regardless of whether there is any truth to this concerning what drives attraction between the sexes, the jaded and spiteful views of these people is absolutely unwarranted. They are blaming all their loneliness and sadness and frustration and anger on a lack of sex, and blaming that lack of sex on "WOMEN" in general, espousing hatred and bile like there's no tomorrow.

In the same way, it's a separate question of whether I am willing to accommodate the moral beliefs of the writers of the GoTgifsandmusings blog: the real issue I have with them is their remorseless snark, their cult-like reinforcement of specific vocabulary, and the fact that so many readers are drawn into their specific way of viewing the show: largely unchallenged by anyone of equivalent education levels.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:39 pm

just had a look, they do seem to have a thing about Sansa, maybe they should lighten up a bit?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:43 pm

"The exact same thing happens on many other forums where a group of people with unpopular ideas band together and reinforce their worldview by literally altering the definitions of things. "

Is this what we've done here with the Hobbit movies? Just kidding...or...maybe...?

I wouldn't waste my time reading things on a site or sites if it's just going to piss me off.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:50 pm

Bullseye, Bungo.

Anytime something devolves into snarkiness as a goal, it's over.  We did that with the Hobbit movies, though that phase is largely passed.  I think we've already burned ourselves out on Trump (and I will avoid further comment on that because I can't think of any other way to go on him), but despite our own tendencies dumped on some GOT site (is it the same one?) because the purity of snark was all too evident.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:04 am

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:43 am

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:50 pm

Official confirmation that GOT S8 will air in 2019, though that was basically known already.

https://www.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/season-8-returning-2019.html

The epic fantasy series Game of Thrones will return for its six-episode, eighth and final season in 2019.

David Benioff & D.B. Weiss, David Nutter and Miguel Sapochnik will be the directors for the new season. Writers for the new season are David Benioff & D.B. Weiss, Bryan Cogman and Dave Hill.

The executive producers of the series are David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, Carolyn Strauss, Frank Doelger and Bernadette Caulfield. Co-executive producers are Bryan Cogman, Guymon Casady, Vince Gerardis and George R.R. Martin.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:26 pm

Since I haven't heard anything about filming yet I have to assume this means mid to late 2019.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:28 pm

I hadn't heard much either but I'm not really plugged into GOT news anymore. Watchers on the Wall (which I just checked) is reporting that it's underway, but I have no idea how long it will take to finish filming, much less post-production. Shrugging
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:56 pm

http://ew.com/tv/2018/01/04/game-thrones-2019/

The final season will also definitely be only six episodes as previously reported. While some episodes may be longer than usual, once again we’re hearing not to expect feature-length episodes throughout the season.

What a Face

The GoT pushback also gives author George R.R. Martin more runway to potentially release the next book in his A Song of Ice and Fire series, The Winds of Winter, which he teased last summer might be ready in 2018.

Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:57 pm

I guess I shouldn't laugh too much because my highly scientific model did project that TWOW would release in 2018, but I dunno... Razz

http://www.hobbitmovieforum.com/t1294p75-game-of-thrones-appreciation-thread#197997
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 26 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 26  Next