Lancebloke
Forest Shepherd
Mrs Figg
19 posters

Page 1 of 26 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 26  Next

Go down

Game of Thrones [2] Empty Game of Thrones [2]

Post by halfwise Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:08 pm

It's been a bit of both. But to take a stand-out final scene from the books that nobody could forget and walk right past it was egregious.

They somewhat made up for it with Varys' line "who ever said anything about 'him'?" But that was only a slight redemption. And they blew it by not cutting the scene after that line.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones [2] Empty Re: Game of Thrones [2]

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:28 pm

Kevan was not important in the show so they didn't give him the dialogue, they cant waste time on secondary characters they only have an hour per episode.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:56 am

Well that's like saying, "Sorry, we were so busy baking anchovy casseroles that we didn't have time to make any lasagna".

(And speaking of my American-ness being called into question!! Mad I guess I just had a healthier-than-average childhood. Or maybe they don't have Cheez-Whiz or whatever out in California or Minnesota. I mean I've heard of sprayable cheese before, they have sort of thing in food stores I think. Or at least it shows up in movies.)

Speaking of Game of Thrones, I really liked the music from this last episode. It stood out and was used excellently well to build tension and set emotions. 

I was rather frustrated by the sudden appearance of a certain serving-girl and her meat-filled flaky baked food items. It seems incongruous, or at least wasteful, that she should spend two whole seasons over you-know-where and then make her way somewhere else-of-which-you-know in absolutely 0 screen time.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:36 am

I don't think she needed any screen time. We knew she was going a couple of episodes back... all sorts has gone on in between then and she already had her transport sorted.

The Varys bit would have made sense if they had built Kevan up to be a central power player but he was always a background character that only seemed to turn up to tell Cersei she was stupid. I don't think that scene was lost at all for that reason, in fact I think it wouldn't have been impactful because of that.

The only characters that had any depth to them in the show are the ones they had time to focus on and it is argueable they focused on the wrong ones or had too many as it was.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:24 pm

By the way, anyone know what kind of shoulder pelts the Stark children/Ned are/were wearing?

I have guesses, but just wonderin' if any are correct  Very Happy
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:40 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:Well that's like saying, "Sorry, we were so busy baking anchovy casseroles that we didn't have time to make any lasagna".

(And speaking of my American-ness being called into question!! Mad I guess I just had a healthier-than-average childhood. Or maybe they don't have Cheez-Whiz or whatever out in California or Minnesota. I mean I've heard of sprayable cheese before, they have sort of thing in food stores I think. Or at least it shows up in movies.)

Speaking of Game of Thrones, I really liked the music from this last episode. It stood out and was used excellently well to build tension and set emotions. 

I was rather frustrated by the sudden appearance of a certain serving-girl and her meat-filled flaky baked food items. It seems incongruous, or at least wasteful, that she should spend two whole seasons over you-know-where and then make her way somewhere else-of-which-you-know in absolutely 0 screen time.

Lasagna is filling and makes you bloated, so its better to leave it off the menu. silent Laughing

I do agree that some characters seem to have jet-packs, but when you think about it most of the time travelling is pretty boring, I am sure even in Westeros its possible to travel without anything interesting happening, and I am sure people would complain if they wasted valuable screen time on watching Arya walk from Essos to Westeros. We just have to use our imaginations and imagine that they have spent a barrel load of time just plodding, eating, drinking and sleeping. Also if we watched Arya on her travels to The Twins it would have really spoiled the dramatic *drum roll* pie scene.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:43 pm

Elthir wrote:By the way, anyone know what kind of shoulder pelts the Stark children/Ned are/were wearing?

I have guesses, but just wonderin' if any are correct  Very Happy

its some kind of grey animal pale
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:26 pm

{{{Dunno f this is any good or not as I haven't watched it myself, but its from Garostudious and their Who stuff is excellent so thought I'd put it here}}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:44 pm

Thanks for sharing!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:45 pm

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:03 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{{Dunno f this is any good or not as I haven't watched it myself, but its from Garostudious and their Who stuff is excellent so thought I'd put it here}}}

that's quite fabulous. Thumbs Up
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:25 pm

can i just BE Arya?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:30 pm

figg, i don't think littlefinger sowed a seed of jealousy in Sansa. I think the last one was just the last attempt to win her over to his side, and be his. but his motivation is the iron throne and a very unhealthy obsession over sansa. sansa on the other hand has great fate in Jon and i think that smirk was just like " i told you so, i am no longer poor-little-sansa". 

also the reason she didn't say anything about little fingers army was because she knew jon would fall for ramsays trap and if he had all the power to begin with he would still make the same mistake and they would most definitely lose.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:02 pm

Norc wrote:figg, i don't think littlefinger sowed a seed of jealousy in Sansa. I think the last one was just the last attempt to win her over to his side, and be his. but his motivation is the iron throne and a very unhealthy obsession over sansa. sansa on the other hand has great fate in Jon and i think that smirk was just like " i told you so, i am no longer poor-little-sansa". 

also the reason she didn't say anything about little fingers army was because she knew jon would fall for ramsays trap and if he had all the power to begin with he would still make the same mistake and they would most definitely lose.

cheers Wave hiya Norclet.
Well I certainly hope so, because LF will never get the Iron Throne and I really doubt she wants to sit next to him. I reckon she is just biding her time and then bye bye LF.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:51 pm

Still haven't seen a single minute of this season. Very Happy
Game of Thrones [2] Tumblr_nv8zrlRyji1qb4lmho1_540

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:01 pm

As I had mentioned at the time, I stopped watching after episode four, but my mom still watches it and since I've been at her place this week I did see the finale with her. I read all the synopses for the episodes I missed real quick and relied on the "previously on" segments, though obviously that's not the same as actually watching them. I thought it was alright, an enjoyable enough hour spent with company, but it didn't re-spark my interest to watch the rest of the season.

I am really curious how they're going to handle the endgame in the final ~13 episodes, though.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:44 pm

I've seen a few clips on YouTube. Those have been enough to satisfy my morbid curiosity.

http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
https://stopthesecrecy.net/

Game of Thrones [2] WiuVcmi
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:24 pm

Game of Thrones [2] Tumblr_nv8zrlRyji1qb4lmho1_540

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:44 pm

why celebrate missing something awesome? Shrugging because season 6 was. Awesome. Nod
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:50 am

{{Another GoT fan vid from Garostudious- again I havent watched it I'm just assuming its really good because its Garostudios doing it!}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:49 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{Another GoT fan vid from Garostudious- again I havent watched it I'm just assuming its really good because its Garostudios doing it!}}

Thumbs Up brilliant stuff.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:11 pm

GOT S7 likely to premiere later than April so that the cast and crew have more time to film during the winter months.

http://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2016/7/6/12109304/game-of-thrones-hbo-season-7-filming-delay-weather
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:52 am

Nice, more winter stuff.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:39 am

Forest Shepherd wrote:Nice, more winter stuff.

Winter has come!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:11 am

Long was that doom foretold. Wink
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree