Pettytyrant101
Norc
malickfan
halfwise
Eldorion
15 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Election Night 2016: The Passion of Cheeto Jesus - Page 8 Empty Re: Election Night 2016: The Passion of Cheeto Jesus

Post by Norc Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:53 am

Norc wrote:Cheeto Jesus gonna win... damn i just know it. people are generally hating upon politicians. so they want something different, not better nescesarrily, but different.

i knew it.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Election Night 2016: The Passion of Cheeto Jesus - Page 8 Empty Re: Election Night 2016: The Passion of Cheeto Jesus

Post by Norc Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:55 am

{{Well I'm beat time for bed- night folks- heres hoping I dont wake to a world where Trump is President of America and the so called Free-world! }}}

-- petty

You won't.

Sleep well!

-- Eldo

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA no.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:11 am

I know there's a place waiting for me in Cheeto Hell for not believing. Sad

Edit: but seriously this was a truly historic failure of polling, prediction markets, political science, the whole shebang. Yes, there's egg on my face for being overconfident, but there's a whole lot that needs re-evaluating. I, like many others who have studied or worked in this field, had taken it as an article of faith that Trump's white identity politics was not going to play to the more diverse national electorate. Clearly I was wrong and this merits sober consideration, although I am far too tired to try that right now (plus I think this needs time to sink in).
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:33 am

Woke up to a world in shock over here in Blighty. So Trump trumped then. Right in time for either a "Merry" Christmas or, an "unmerry" Christmas. It affects us here in UK also as we've been cap in hand with USA for a very long time. OMG we will have him over here shaking hands with our PM & ministers, asking how "Elizabeth is, God bless her", handing out free golf passes & clubs, oh gawd Rolling Eyes

Election Night 2016: The Passion of Cheeto Jesus - Page 8 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Election Night 2016: The Passion of Cheeto Jesus - Page 8 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:02 pm

From beginning to end, from the primary debates to the surprise ending tonight, this whole election has felt like watching a reality TV show.
So when people ask "Is he qualified?" maybe the answer is "Yes, if this kind of theater is what we expect from our leaders."
It will be interesting to see what his press conferences look like once he's inaugurated. I bet they'll get good ratings!

Election Night 2016: The Passion of Cheeto Jesus - Page 8 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  Election Night 2016: The Passion of Cheeto Jesus - Page 8 UJpDi Election Night 2016: The Passion of Cheeto Jesus - Page 8 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:03 pm

how does it feel to have the guy from the hot place as the most powerful man in the world. well I have had my fair share of living, its the kids I weep for. maybe its better this way, humans are too stupid to live, it will give the planet time to heal when these evil toxic people have all been hoisted by their own petard

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:04 pm

more or less normal i'm afraid Rolling Eyes

Election Night 2016: The Passion of Cheeto Jesus - Page 8 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  Election Night 2016: The Passion of Cheeto Jesus - Page 8 UJpDi Election Night 2016: The Passion of Cheeto Jesus - Page 8 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:57 pm

As one commentator said, "It's not left versus right, it's old versus new."

As another pointed out, the electorate at large thought building a wall was stupid, that Hillary was more qualified than Trump, that she had a better temperament than him, but crucially they also believed that change was necessary.  She stood for all the right things except change, and so she lost.

Nearly 30% of Latinos voted for Trump (EDIT: 30% in Florida only; it was in the low teens everywhere else), and 42% of women.  This wasn't about his policies or character, it was about his ability to disrupt.  This was why early in the campaign polls showed that Bernie could have beaten Trump: Bernie also represented disruption.  But Bernie couldn't beat Clinton because matching the two of them up changed it into inner-party calculus, where she dominated.

Last edited by halfwise on Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:13 pm

Eldorion wrote: there's a good chance that Trump will have the opportunity to appoint three or four Supreme Court justices in his first (pale) term, which will shape the Court for decades.

Hard to tell what will be his biggest legacy: the shake-up of politics as usual, or the shift in the Supreme Court. Probably the latter.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:31 pm

a majority of people said fuck it and didn't vote.
those who said fuck it but voted, voted trump. why? because they wanted change. not nessesarily because they like trump or find his politics any good.
and then there's the people who love trump because he's different. they vote..

and sadly .. that was the majority. you wanted democracy? well, this is democracy.

don't forget. Adolf Hitler was also voted in. and people liked him. because he promised work. and change. he was charismatic. and different to the old politicians who people hated. because they (in their opinion) sucked.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:42 pm

Clinton won the popular vote by 0.1%

And everyone thought the electoral system was on HER side.

(If that statement didn't make sense to you, go back and re-read Eldo's explanation HERE.)

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:49 pm

Spookily prescient:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/donald-trump-presidency-not-liberals-232416462.html

In an interview taped before the election, a British political scientist (based at Stanford) said the mood felt much like Brexit; that he thought Trump's chances were wildly underestimated, and that the key was to watch turnout, because projections based on polls always assume turnout will match the past, and that is where the Brexit projections failed.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:22 pm

Just came back from work, pizza ready just in time for Hillary's speech (right?). Still haven't slept Laughing

Election Night 2016: The Passion of Cheeto Jesus - Page 8 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:18 pm

Norc wrote:a majority of people said fuck it and didn't vote.

Voter turnout was up about 5%. Still low: around 50%. But you can't make the argument the election came out the way it did because more people than usual stayed home. Just the opposite in fact.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:56 pm

Overall turnout was pretty close to 2012 and possibly even slightly up.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/turnout.php

2012 turnout: 54.87%

All we have are preliminary estimates for 2016 so far but the only one I've seen is:

http://www.electproject.org/2016g (seen via Vox)

2016* turnout: 55.6%

However, despite trends observed during early voting in e.g. Nevada that there was huge Latino turnout (which, to be fair, is probably the reason why Clinton won Nevada), clearly that didn't translate to much of the rest of the country, especially other swing states. Even before the election some people had made the observation that Clinton was not getting the Democratic base excited enough and her scandals probably played a role in that. African-American turnout in particular seems noticeably down from 2012 which could be because she doesn't have the same historic aspect as Obama or because of displeasure with her comments in the '90s surrounding the omnibus crime bill. I've heard it ascribed to both but it will probably take more research and/or sifting through existing data to get a clearer picture. It will be interesting to see by what margin Trump won the white vote and whether or not Clinton carried the college-educated white vote. A lot of people assumed she would, as well as white women, but Trump probably won at least white women, as its unlikely he could have won otherwise. (Romney won both college-educated whites and white women overall in 2012).

Last edited by Eldorion on Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:12 pm

letter to President Trump.

Dear Mr Trump,
Good luck with asking Mexico to build the wall. They have no money. The Mexican pesos has fallen off the planet.
yours faithfully
Mrs Figg

Trump isn't even president yet he has destroyed a countries economy. nice job. next the West and East coast of America will declare Independence from the scary bit in the middle, and civil war, and war with Mehico. silent and that's for starters.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:20 pm

Election Night 2016: The Passion of Cheeto Jesus - Page 8 15027772_10206305788838617_6289522412745119955_n_zpscejogt7j

{{Well in fairness to him, he was right!}}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:22 pm

That's not real.

http://www.snopes.com/1998-trump-people-quote/

{{{And it's worth noting that FOX were not particularly pro-Trump this year, especially during the primary.}}}
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:27 pm

Figgy... he is on a roll tonight. Another communication from the back channels.

Dear Mrs Figg.

My teams conclusive studies have determined that the Mexicans are in possession of a lot of other currencies which were obtained during their raping and other criminal acts.

As the majority of their population is engaged in this activity I will also introduce a stop and search policy before returning them to Mexico.

Funds will be raised in no time.

Thanks for your question.

Yours

Donald J Trump
President Elect
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:32 pm

were not particularly pro-Trump this year, especially during the primary.- Eldo

{{A few of their pundits were not very pro Trump but the network was and Hannity was basically just a Trump cheerleader and enabler- his so called town hall interviews were just a series of questions designed to let Trump have the stage and say his bit. There was no journalism involved just fawning}}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:32 pm

Miscellaneous thoughts floating through my mind that I don't have time to elaborate on because I have to be at work soon:

- This is now our second election inversion in five campaigns. Not a great look.

- Trump has said he will not put his business holdings into a blind trust but rather let his children run his company which will probably lead to a lot of moral and possibly legal issues.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:34 pm

^ I agree that Hannity was very pro-Trump but others such as Shep were not, and Megyn Kelly and Chris Wallace were among the best debate moderators of the whole campaign and did not treat Trump with kid gloves at all. I didn't watch the FOX-exclusive town halls so I'll have to take your word on that.

Last edited by Eldorion on Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:40 pm

I didn't watch the FOX-exclusive town halls so I'll have to take your word on that.- Eldo

{{They were painful to watch. Very cringe inducing.}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:43 pm

Lancebloke wrote:Figgy... he is on a roll tonight. Another communication from the back channels.

Dear Mrs Figg.

My teams conclusive studies have determined that the Mexicans are in possession of a lot of other currencies which were obtained during their raping and other criminal acts.

As the majority of their population is engaged in this activity I will also introduce a stop and search policy before returning them to Mexico.

Funds will be raised in no time.

Thanks for your question.

Yours

Donald J Trump
President Elect

Dear President Trump,
thank you for your prompt reply, perhaps I could add a suggestion to expedite matters, could you include a ban on sombreros as they have been used for smuggling children, drugs and budgies into the US.
yours Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:59 pm

Election Night 2016: The Passion of Cheeto Jesus - Page 8 CwznlnJWgAAxVqb

The sadest picture of the entier debacle..

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next